Saudi Arabia beheads man for torturing wife to death - agency

webfact

Saudi beheads man for torturing wife to death - agency

MEDINA: -- Saudi Arabia on Thursday beheaded a citizen convicted of torturing his wife to death, in the first execution since the start of the Muslim fasting month of Ramadan, state media said.

Fawzi al-Khaibari had been found guilty of beating up and burning his wife with an iron before "crushing her skull" and leaving her to die, the interior ministry said in a statement carried by the official SPA news agency.

He was beheaded in the holy Muslim city of Medina, in the west of the Gulf country.

It was the first reported execution in the conservative kingdom since July 8, two days before the start of Ramadan which ended last week.

A total of 58 people have now been executed in Saudi Arabia since the start of the year, according to an AFP count.
In 2012, the Gulf country executed 76 people, according to a tally based on official figures.

Human Rights Watch has put the number at 69.

Rape, murder, apostasy, armed robbery and drug trafficking are all punishable by death under Saudi Arabia's strict version of sharia, or Islamic law.

Source: http://voiceofrussia.com/news/2013_08_15/Saudi-beheads-man-for-torturing-wife-to-death-agency-1953/

-- THE VOICE OF RUSSIA 2013-08-15

Amazing story I am sure . . ., but seems like Egypt crisis with 100s perhaps 1,000s dead and the threat the Brotherhood potentially poses to Isreal and the the entire region through endorsement of radical Islamist values seems to be a much bigger deal. Interesting how TV news feeds seem to not be aware of the most important and saddest news story in planet.

• Like 2

Well done to Saudi......

In this instance I applaud the Saudis for imposing the death sentence, I'd have preffered that they have burnt him first with an iron though to let him know how it felt....

I don't agree with the OPOSTASY though, bit harsh IMO and a big disgrace in our times of today...

must admit, I had to look what Apostasy actually was!

From Wiki it's ...

Apostasy is the formal disaffiliation from or abandonment or renunciation of a religion by a person.

• Like 1

Well done to Saudi......

In this instance I applaud the Saudis for imposing the death sentence, I'd have preffered that they have burnt him first with an iron though to let him know how it felt....

I don't agree with the OPOSTASY though, bit harsh IMO and a big disgrace in our times of today...

From Wiki it's ...

Apostasy is the formal disaffiliation from or abandonment or renunciation of a religion by a person.

Capital crime if there ever was one. Sounds a bit like Salem witch trial material.

• Like 1

Well done to Saudi......

From Wiki it's ...

Apologies, I spelt it wrong, but knew the meaning, a disgrace in the 21st century, killing someone because they abandon their religion...Sigh..w00t.gif

• Like 1

From Wiki it's ...

Apologies, I spelt it wrong, but knew the meaning, a disgrace in the 21st century, killing someone because they abandon their religion...Sigh..w00t.gif

MB1 ... my bolding wasn't directed at you!

Just to focus on the word I was writing about.

You're one of the nice guys here.

• Like 1

From Wiki it's ...

MB1 ... my bolding wasn't directed at you!

Just to focus on the word I was writing about.

You're one of the nice guys here.

Thanks David, I've been called a lot of things on here over the years, but very rarely nice, so cheers....thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

"Rape, murder, apostasy, armed robbery and drug trafficking are all punishable by death under Saudi Arabia's strict version of sharia, or Islamic law."

Correction:

In the case of "rape" it is not the raper who is punished to death but the woman that has been raped because she committed adultery.

• Like 2

Capital crimes like execution by the state have long been banned in my current country of residence, however, in some cases like this, it all seems appropriate.

When the crimes are so cruel.

An "Islamist" is also a poor way of collectivising people who pray five times a day, with anything else remotely connected, like Sharia law which has as little to do with the attenuated religion. Most muslims I have met and known shun all this violence.

Most people do.

My book on Muhammad makes it quite clear, at least in his earlier writings, any form of violence was an affront to God's will.

Capital crimes like execution by the state have long been banned in my current country of residence, however, in some cases like this, it all seems appropriate.

An "Islamist" is also a poor way of collectivising people who pray five times a day, with anything else remotely connected, like Sharia law which has as little to do with the attenuated religion. Most muslims I have met and known shun all this violence.

Most people do.

My book on Muhammad makes it quite clear, at least in his earlier writings, any form of violence was an affront to God's will.

Did you write a book on Muhammad, or do you mean a book you have?

Most people do.

I think the popular definition of an 'Islamist' is one who does support the Shira, violence against unbelievers etc. Your average pious peaceful muslim is not described by the word.

Most people do.

Did you write a book on Muhammad, or do you mean a book you have?

Yes that could be taken the wrong way. Apologies. Not my book. One I have.

Agreed there is a lot of confusion regarding all of this. So much that it was a mistake to even open the subject.

There are now so many muslims and types of muslims, as there are hundreds of 'types' of Christians and branches

and sub branches and so on. Most of each disliking or even hating the other and feeling better than the other/s.

I got out of the church when I was six years old. My recent muslim family have also all 'resigned' from it, Islam. I guess they're lucky they're not living in Saudi. They'd all be executed for apostasy.

Truly mind boggling it all is . . .

Some Indonesians I met while living there, would change religions and try a new one, like buying new clothes. Funny world.

On principal, I'm against the death penalty, simply because too many times they've found out they've put the wrong person on death row.

On the other hand, the fact that Anders Brevik is still alive and will, at some point, get out of jail, makes me think that there are some crimes, like this one, that maybe deserve it, so long as the proof is absolute.

Well done to Saudi......

From Wiki it's ...

Appreciate it David48, knew I should look but was too lazy, cheers.

Edited by Dap