How to stop Thai wife eating SO much?

Chittychangchang

When married to a farang the golden rice bowl is never empty. Stay with her and eat it out together. She would not like the alternative of a broken golden rice bowl. Alternative to this, as someone has suggested is a budget or you go with her to buy the food. You can feed an entire village on 20k per week.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Get a new wife.. hope you dont have kids.. seen this so much here.. Explained to my wife why I eat so fast many times. She says she cant breath becsuse I eat sofadt. Well when I was a lad ifI didnt eat fast mydad three sistets would eat what we had.. At school if I wanted a full stomach I had to eat fast to get seconds.. Thais its seems eat slowerly but all day if you let them They have nevet been as hard up for food as us Brits were.. now I will wait for the thoughts on that..

• Like 1

Chitty lives in the UK correct? Mine eats a lot more in Australia also. She admits it, foods better here than Thailand so she eats more. Since living here she's put on a good 10kg easy.

Your not exercising her enough...

Well she's not a dog. Do you walk yours often?
  • Like 1

A typical meal is 1/2 kg of meat with rice and raw veggies, during that she is talking about having a whole sea bass fish for desert.

Recommend a vegetarian diet. Emphasize/ justify your point with a supernatural occurrence.

• Like 2

The solution to the problem is give her the responsibility for the family food budget. A fixed amount given to her at the beginning of each month that has to last the entire month. If she is not good with handling money, give her half of it at the start of the month and the rest at the middle, so she can pace herself. Over time, knowing there is a budget and fixed amount of money available for food, she will learn to be responsible, ... either that or she'll be eating at her friends or relatives after the food allowance runs out!

Ask her doctor to put her on an amphetamine. This will reduce her appetite. However it may have the disadvantage of her becoming rather more talkative than you find comfortable, especially if potentiated by a drink or two. In addition, there might be an increase in the urge to shop, which would somewhat negate the savings made on food.

Bullshit she is eating Bt.20,000 per week.

That includes the extended family from all Amphurs. laugh.png

+20 soi dogs, 15 cats and 5 sick buffalo............Oh and I nearly forgot the ten monks...............

From the baht figure quoted I would suggest 50 monks.....................coffee1.gif

PS. Sorry CCC we are fun-ing a bit. biggrin.png

Edited by transam

I agree...impossible. We are a family of 3, including a 15 year old daughter, we eat fresh food every day cooked at home and our average cost for the evening meal is around 90thb. If i total up breakfast and lunch then maximum spend is about 300thb per day and we eat well.

1/2kg of chicken is only 100thb, a big plate of fresh veg is about 15thb...so impossible to be eating 2,600thb of food a day.

I agree...impossible. We are a family of 3, including a 15 year old daughter, we eat fresh food every day cooked at home and our average cost for the evening meal is around 90thb. If i total up breakfast and lunch then maximum spend is about 300thb per day and we eat well.

1/2kg of chicken is only 100thb, a big plate of fresh veg is about 15thb...so impossible to be eating 2,600thb of food a day.

Agreed. Give her a budget of 300THB/day for the two of you and that is more than enough. A total of 9000THB/mo, no more, probably less if you're eating at home mostly. You should check where your money is actually going if she is burning 20K per week..... She might be feeding other people.

• Like 1

CCBB,

Your first mistake was getting involved with women other than for sexual gratification. I am tired of men complaining about Thai women or any women for that matter. You are allowing her to control you. Its pathetic. No self respect for yourself. But you are not alone. Men are to blame for allowing women to run and ruin their lives. You want to have a great life you need to develop a better vision and stop making women a priority in your life. Develop hobbies, work, play music, read.... anything would be better than getting involved with these train wrecks. You need to make girlfriends, wives, marriage, divorce, alimony, food costs etc... Another Man's Problem. AMP for short. AMP will make your life peaceful and full of opportunity.

This is a whole topic for discussion. I would recommend that YOU take control, get some self respect and learn an AMP attitude and make your life positive again. You are in control. You actually said you were afraid of her. Man, that is truly sad.

Men who complain about women and their behaviors have only themselves to blame.

Get an AMP life.

Turok

• Like 2

£412 uk pounds at todays rate for her to eat per week at home , jeezus my heart go's out to you, and hers might just pack in if she's eating that much, get her stomach stapeled, it will work out far cheaper in the long run......

One of those little tubes of instant glue would be even cheaper. laugh.png

If that is really true, leave her. She must be fat like anything.

My wife is 42 kilo and she eats more than me who has 70 kilo.

She has to have a choice of two or three different dishes, then eats a little and mostly more than half of it goes to the chicken.

She NEVER finishes the plate but is hungry again an hour later.

I wonder how she managed her life before on 6.000 B/month with 2 kids and an old mom.

Fortunately she doesn't smoke or drink or gamble. Only eating, beauty and fashion...

whistling.gif How brave are you?

if you think she can handle it, joke with her about how you "like your Thai girls a little chubby".

Tell her a little pot belly on an older woman looks sexy to you.

Tell her that those young girls with a slim flat stomach you see walking around every day are not attractive to you. you prefer an older woman that "jiggles" a little in bed are what you like.

Things like that.

Just be prepared for a very angry reaction to those comments.

You will be trying to shame her a little bit, hoping she will get the message..

I warn you however, it could easily backfire on you..

Seriously though, overeating is often a sign of insecurity and psychological problems... compensation for problems you don't otherwise want to talk about to your partner.

I know, I've been there before.

rolleyes.gif

Tell her once she reaches certain weight, you would be trading her in for a lighter version, make sure not to laugh when saying it and keep the distance to be able to duck flying objects.

You may find few days later, the food intake will reduce

SCAM SCAM SCAM

I think he's giving her the grocery money and letting her go to Lotus alone...

She's profiting around 19K per week.

Word of advice mate, ask to see the receiptwhistling.gif

when i had a restaurant and high season sell about 80 dishes a day we not had to buy groceries so much usually about 10.000 a week

• Like 1

84 posts and no-one understands it yet?? I am disappointed. Think back to the moment when it all began....when you put that ring on the left hand ring finger. Put it on any other finger and you're fine. The explanation is that most women stay slim to attract a husband...once they have one then it is his responsibility to put food on the table....its a basic survival instinct. I see it all around me...filipinos, chinese, Indos, western women and my wife included.. All sexy slim till they slip on that ring.

When I first came to Thailand 25 years ago it was rare to find a fat person. They filled themselves with cheap rice and a small portion of fish/meat and vegies. As there livelihood has improved they eat less rice and more fish/meat and vegies. Now obesity is an increasing problem in Thailand. During the war years you wouldnt find a Jap soldier that came higher than your shoulders...they ate lots of rice and a little fish. In the post war economic development more meat was eaten and now it is not unusual to find Japanese over 6 foot. In the same way a married womans status has become higher and thus she enjoys it by having more than she could previously eat.

CCBB,

Your first mistake was...

Astonishing insight you must have about the man; I think you must be best friends. But it remains a mystery as to why would you converse with him here a public forum, instead of having a direct chat.

• Like 1

84 posts and no-one understands it yet?? I am disappointed. Think back to the moment when it all began....when you put that ring on the left hand ring finger. Put it on any other finger and you're fine. The explanation is that most women stay slim to attract a husband...once they have one then it is his responsibility to put food on the table....its a basic survival instinct. I see it all around me...filipinos, chinese, Indos, western women and my wife included.. All sexy slim till they slip on that ring.

When I first came to Thailand 25 years ago it was rare to find a fat person. They filled themselves with cheap rice and a small portion of fish/meat and vegies. As there livelihood has improved they eat less rice and more fish/meat and vegies. Now obesity is an increasing problem in Thailand. During the war years you wouldnt find a Jap soldier that came higher than your shoulders...they ate lots of rice and a little fish. In the post war economic development more meat was eaten and now it is not unusual to find Japanese over 6 foot. In the same way a married womans status has become higher and thus she enjoys it by having more than she could previously eat.

Despite what you and others think, white rice is a very fattening carbohydrate. It is pure starch and little else, unlike potatoes or bread which have more vitamins and minerals and has higher fibre. White carbs via glucose, increase insulin and decrease glucagon in the blood, which leads to reduced fat breakdown and increased fat synthesis. In fact white starch is worse than sugar for fattening as sugar breaks down to glucose and fructose and the latter is less fattening than glucose. The fact that many asians eat lots of rice without getting fat is not down to rice, but other factors, like baslc metabolic rate, hard work and/or exercise. I know the latter 2 don't apply to Thais but the fattening effect of rice will also depend on absorption rate which is reduced by having a high veg/fibre intake as Thais usually do.This also applies to Italians who eat lots of pasta but are slimmer than say Brits or Germans (I've just come back from Italy so know). Modern Thais are getting fatter I believe through lack of exercise and increased fat and meat intake coupled with maybe reduced fibre, as you have indicated.

• Like 1