How to stop Thai wife eating SO much?

Chittychangchang

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In my experience, when Thai women go to a western country, they eat a lot of the local food since it is so readily available and gain loads of weight. Most of the time, they realize that their weight has gotten out of hand and change their diet back to thai food at a local Asian store.

• Like 1

In my experience, when Thai women go to a western country, they eat a lot of the local food since it is so readily available and gain loads of weight. Most of the time, they realize that their weight has gotten out of hand and change their diet back to thai food at a local Asian store.

Indeed a very good point,the readily available Pukka Pies,Fish and Chips,Stews,soups and other western culinary delights is most certainly going to attribute to weight gain.

My wife is exactly the same mate. Nothing can be done.

And how many times do we read on this forum about 'lardarsed farang women?' Makes me laugh laugh.png Every time I pass a bunch of Thai women, there they all are, filling their faces. All they seem to do is eat! Either that or talk about what their going to eat next. And try getting on a local bus/squeezing past some of them in a supermarket aisle. ermm.gif

Indeed a very good point,the readily available Pukka Pies,Fish and Chips,Stews,soups and other western culinary delights is most certainly going to attribute to weight gain.

Together with the fact they never walk anywhere.

• Like 1

Bullshit she is eating Bt.20,000 per week.

Total BS.

I do a huge biweekly shop at Tesco, including Liptons, Nivea and other western items, big bags of prime pork fillet, chicken breast, ribs, and prawns, four or five cakes and other treats from the bakery, and every sort of fruit and vegetable and I have never had a till receipt over 2,000 THB.

I cal bullshit on that as well.

In fairness we've strayed a little off topic CCC doesn't actually say her indoors is getting pudgy,just that she's costing him a small fortune.

That said its likely she may turn into a bit of a lard arse given the time.

Tape her mouth up between 11 am and 5 pm.

• Like 1

I wish someone had told my missus nineteen years ago that's what she was supposed to do. She's got twenty years of contented western eating under her belt (in addition to her Thai meals).

But, anyway, she's still cute to me.

• Like 1

In fairness we've strayed a little off topic CCC doesn't actually say her indoors is getting pudgy,just that she's costing him a small fortune.

That said its likely she may turn into a bit of a lard arse given the time.

Tape her mouth up between 11 am and 5 pm.

Maybe she's got worms.

I wish someone had told my missus nineteen years ago that's what she was supposed to do. She's got twenty years of contented western eating under her belt (in addition to her Thai meals).

But, anyway, she's still cute to me.

My wife and all of her friends gained loads of weight in the US. Only one of them kept the weight and is still gaining...but that same woman did have 2 kids in the 5 years she has been here.

• Like 1

The baht may be off but I am sure the op is accurate about the quantity of food.

I'm more interested in how much toilet roll she uses per week after eating 20,000 baht of food per week...w00t.gif

oh jeez I fear this will go off on a tangent to a bum gun discussion now. sick.gif

The baht may be off but I am sure the op is accurate about the quantity of food.

I'm more interested in how much toilet roll she uses per week after eating 20,000 baht of food per week...w00t.gif

oh jeez I fear this will go off on a tangent to a bum gun discussion now. sick.gif

I thought we'd be onto 'if you reduced her allowance she wouldn't eat so much'.

My wife is exactly the same mate. Nothing can be done.

And how many times do we read on this forum about 'lardarsed farang women?' Makes me laugh laugh.png Every time I pass a bunch of Thai women, there they all are, filling their faces. All they seem to do is eat! Either that or talk about what their going to eat next. And try getting on a local bus/squeezing past some of them in a supermarket aisle. ermm.gif

The psychology journals usually have an item every so often on the subject of food compensating for a perceived deficiency.

I suppose we could all criticize/ridicule the OP for not meeting her emotional needs, or maybe, just maybe, take his comment at face value that the missus eats a lot. Shouldn't come as surprise to anyone that has a Thai partner. My skinny friend used to do down 2 lobsters and then move on to something else. The most astonishing part would be the need to eat again a few hours later. Her fighting weight was less than 45 kilos.

Edited by geriatrickid

Bullshit she is eating Bt.20,000 per week.

Total BS.

I do a huge biweekly shop at Tesco, including Liptons, Nivea and other western items, big bags of prime pork fillet, chicken breast, ribs, and prawns, four or five cakes and other treats from the bakery, and every sort of fruit and vegetable and I have never had a till receipt over 2,000 THB.

This seems to be a real out of space-experience to read this post!! Call it huge and than just 2.000 baht at a biweekly schedule... you must be joking.

Up here in isaan where the food is of course better priced. A quite normal family living a quite normal halv/halv falang life with 2 kids 10+13 years of age, our total foodbill per month is arround 16.000 baht. We are NOT saving, struggling. but just living a comfortable life....

But as the OP claim that the wife eats for that amount he claims, I do NOt believe it for a second........ If my wife would even be close tot that it wouldn´t end up in a post here, it would be the door hitting her big behind on her way out of my life....

Be a man and tell them what you want....

Glegolo

A friend of mine ,20 years ago married the sexiest slim young thing you could wish for she likes to cook and eat a lot ,she aint slim and sexy no more but a real bloater ,luckily my wife eats normally ,so although she is no longer as young as when we married she still has great figure ,now stop her eating.smile.png

It's fun to read all these stories and assumptions when the op didn't even bother to reply to any of the questions anymore.... But true, you all let it happen yourself. I love when the wife cooks and she loves when I cook so we always eat a lot. But afterwards before she has the change to slip on the cough to turn on that dam_n tv soaps I dragg her ass down to the GYM to stay under 50's and when they see result of getting stronger and a better figure.. they start to like it as well. eeeveryday

Edited by Marcel1

We can live on 300 baht a day for 4 of us and 3 dogs.

I should cut back on the dogs, eating one a day is plenty for most families.
They are only small these chow-wowah.

If the OPs girl is getting fat this might just be compulsive.

I told mine she gets kicked out if she reaches 50kg.

The scales have vanished.

• Like 1

I wish you the best of luck CCC. I don't where they put it. My missus eats more than a Tongan rugby player and then does it again two hours later. It's 1am now and she's already talking about going for ice cream tomorrow.

Are all the wives who eat to much putting on a lot of weight, or is that a stupid question? I know some people can eat as much as they like and never put on weight.

• Like 1

Not toilet rolls, bum gun.

Together with the fact they never walk anywhere.

Some people are so lazy they even use the motorbike to ride through my local indoor market. Sorry for being a bit off topic.

We can live on 300 baht a day for 4 of us and 3 dogs.

I should cut back on the dogs, eating one a day is plenty for most families.
They are only small these chow-wowah.

If the OPs girl is getting fat this might just be compulsive.

I told mine she gets kicked out if she reaches 50kg.

The scales have vanished.

My wife only eats normally and she is about 60 kilos, but she is 5ft 9ins tall with a great figure.

You have to step up, tell her you are not feeding extended family, they managed before you were on the scene. Expect the rows, but stand up! If you allow her to buy on her own and not go with her, more fool you. You could start slowly by giving her 3000 baht a week to feed you and her. And reduce it if you don't get the food you want.

Worming Pills is my first thought !!! Thais are accustomed to eating predominantly sticky rice , with a paste or sauce and vegetable , because of the low nutritional value , up to six meals a day may be eaten . You cannot allow that on western style food , is your wife huge . We Falang have incomes from abroad , you have to control it . You have to control the purse strings , do the housekeeping yourself . I buy nearly all our food , I give my wife BT10,000 a month for casual spending . My wife sometimes has worms and eats and eats and is still hungry , a worm pill or two soon puts her right . If you don't control your money you only have yourself to blame , NO Joint account , You Only have access to your bank account . If it means an argument , sometimes you have to have an argument and NO MEANS NO !!! If she chucks you out , GO , she'll soon realise who pays for everything , that when you go the money goes too .

I hope you get things sorted .

The average Thai lives on a food budget of about 100 Baht a day, if she spends 3,000 you're ripped off big time no matter how much she eats. Maybe you should join her to the market more often than you know what the sea bass and the meat and the vegetables cost. Thailand is not cheap for food, but this just doesn't add up.