How to stop Thai wife eating SO much?

Chittychangchang

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What was your wife like before you married her? Did she just peck at her food like a sparrow and then it all changed when she got the ring on her finger?

Reminds of an old Benny Hill sketch (click below):

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xcuwz3_benny-hill-fat-bride-skit_shortfilms

Edited by jukebox

After my wife's father swindled her out of the 70K she had amassed in the bank account at my direction, and then she borrowed another 7K from a money lender (which cost me 10K to settle), I then lowered the boom. Initially I gave her 100 baht every day to supplement the tips that she gets in her job. Sadly no longer the 200 to 400 baht per day, and now only about 60 or 70. She gets two free meals at work every day and I pay for everything else except for feeding her mobile. After a time I loosened the strings and now pay her 1000 baht every 10 days. I she runs out of money within the 10 days the chance of 'a sub' does not exist and that if I find she borrows money, she will at best, be on borrowed time. In return at the end of the month she gives me her wages which go into my wallet and then I transfer the same amount from my bank account into hers. When setting up her account I declined an ATM card and I keep possession of the bank passbook although she knows where it is kept. Her accounts now stand in credit at over 250,000 baht. One happy lady, and I am now thinking that maybe some time soon I can pass over control of her finances to her. She now accepts that Buddha will not provide for all her tomorrows and realises that her destiny is in her own hands.

It is clear, to me at least, that financial probity is not part of the Thai psyche (Thai Governments prove that) and that allowing even one's wife free access to one's bankroll, could well be disastrous. I suggest that the OP does the shopping himself and makes an monthly allowance to his wife and refuse to augment it when/if it has all gone before the end of the month. It would be a kindness not to do so; if she cannot handle money by the time he kicks on, her old age will be very hard going.

I find it very hard to accept that all the money she is spending ends up in another form in her gut. I would further suggest that medical advice be sought. It might be wise to consult a reliable doctor alone, explain the problem to him and what agree what words he will lay on her during a consultation proper.

When I was a kid in post-war Tokyo we had a huge, multi- storied house with two massive concrete communal baths in the basement for domestic staff. Our electricty bill was very high. Upon checking it out, we found that all domestic staff from all the houses in the neighbourhood were bathing in our cellar and being fed snacks at our expense. Dad caught a bunch of 15 having a good old time, at our chief maid's invitation. Hilarious. Based on my experience here in LOS, the wife of the poster must be feeding dozens, on the sly. Either rellies or maybe even on-selling it for pocket money. What a hoot.

Tell her once she reaches certain weight, you would be trading her in for a lighter version, make sure not to laugh when saying it and keep the distance to be able to duck flying objects.

You may find few days later, the food intake will reduce

I wouldn't say that but just be honest.

My wife was under 50kg when we met. After our last child was born she was 95kg!

After realizing that I was lying to her, and being untrue to myself every time I said she looked fine when she asked me if she looked fat, I started saying the truth - "yes, you are fat and I don't like it" She then started exercising, stopped eating desserts, and lost a heap of weight.

• Like 1

Tell her once she reaches certain weight, you would be trading her in for a lighter version, make sure not to laugh when saying it and keep the distance to be able to duck flying objects.

You may find few days later, the food intake will reduce

I wouldn't say that but just be honest.

My wife was under 50kg when we met. After our last child was born she was 95kg!

After realizing that I was lying to her, and being untrue to myself every time I said she looked fine when she asked me if she looked fat, I started saying the truth - "yes, you are fat and I don't like it" She then started exercising, stopped eating desserts, and lost a heap of weight.

Baby and eating like a pig is 2 different matters, but i understand what you sayingthumbsup.gif

there are some foods that are natural anti-helminiths: tamarind, cashews, langsaart (a small round fruit somewhat similar in appearance to longan or lumyai, readily available anywhere in thailand in season). you need to eat them say at least monthly for good measure. no biggie as they are just normal edible foods. try each of these before you hit the chemical route. searching will no doubt produce more natural anti-helminiths. worm eradicators.

fruits.jpg

langsaart are between the bananas and watermelon

ahh forgot to mention chompu (rose apple) too image>>chomphu_01.jpg

Edited by sumfool
  • Like 1

Gaffa tape thumbsup.gif

Seems like a common problem, that ladies eats a lot of delicious food, when they find a sponsor. A fixed monthly allowence, the lady controls herself, may be a solution. If she eats more delicious food, she have less for shopping etc. whistling.gif

All Thai women eat like there is no tomorrow facepalm.gif

Solutions

1 Dont give her much money, alas this has a down side. sad.png

Hospital bills for your injuries blink.png

Super Glue the lips, thay is if she stops talking long enough for the glue to set whistling.gif

• Like 1

It's unfortunate! I have noticed in the last 8 years that Thais male/female are getting bigger. I blame western influence. Dunkin Donuts, McDonalds, BurgerKing, KFC, SubWay, PizzaHut, breads and sugars. These used to be little people but in another 15-20 years most will be overweight with as many health conditions if not more than we already have in the west.

It's unfortunate! I have noticed in the last 8 years that Thais male/female are getting bigger. I blame western influence. Dunkin Donuts, McDonalds, BurgerKing, KFC, SubWay, PizzaHut, breads and sugars. These used to be little people but in another 15-20 years most will be overweight with as many health conditions if not more than we already have in the west.

You are right about Thais getting bigger – but I blame it “money”. Thais, who never visit the western trendy restaurants or like, gets quickly bigger, when there is money enough for food. Thai gourmet dishes are (extremely) sweet stuff (sugar) and fat meat – called “white meat” in Thai, we call it simply “fat” – and they eat a lot. You don't need Western life-style to get sugar and fat. Seen it with several of our small maids coming down from Isaan, tiny 40 kilo or less stuff – they can eat what they want, and they don't eat to much rice and vegetables (poor village food) – so after three month five kilo heavier, that's more than 10 percent gain.

• Like 1

I've noticed the same thing, but over the last quarter century. Sure, blame the evil West. There were no fried or sugar laden foods in Thailand before the fast-food chains hit. (The expanding waistlines have nothing to do with ever more sedentary lifestyles and lack of self control.)

not only thai getting bigger, farangs are getting bigger too. havent been to farang land for a long time and now i just stand and gawk at some of the young gigantic farang on holiday here. totally stunned.

What or where is "farang land"? (But I must say that you're a badass for not having been there in a long time.)

• Like 1

In the spirit in which this was written "for the weekend" at 10pm on Friday night, might I suggest a little less changchang and a bit more bangbang for the OP.

for the 20,000 Baht/week i suggest i little troll-troll for the OP whistling.gif

• Like 2

In the spirit in which this was written "for the weekend" at 10pm on Friday night, might I suggest a little less changchang and a bit more bangbang for the OP.

for the 20,000 Baht/week i suggest i little troll-troll for the OP whistling.gif

I'd be kinder and suggest a little fun for the weekend and that's what this thread/topic has become, a little fun, has it been moved to PUB yet...bah.gif

By the way where has the OP gone, surely can't be still food shopping or maybe wifey has blown up............tongue.png

No, he's lying down feeling totally stuffed, not sure what by, but could be food or other things. whistling.gif

• Like 1

Oops typo error 2,000 bht NOT 20,000 bht.

CCC

Phooooooooooooooooooh, we can all relax now.........coffee1.gif

Oh well at least the threads been fun, dam_n those typo errors eh...facepalm.gif

Reminder to self. Never post here after drinking beers late on Fri night....

• Like 1

Oops typo error 2,000 bht NOT 20,000 bht.

CCC

Phooooooooooooooooooh, we can all relax now.........coffee1.gif

Oh well at least the threads been fun, dam_n those typo errors eh...facepalm.gif

Reminder to self. Never post here after drinking beers late on Fri night....

Especially after starting dringing Chang Chang at 7 am in the morning...w00t.gif

• Like 1