Russian man shot in Phuket beachfront drive-by

webfact

Russian shot in Phuket beachfront drive-by
Phuket Gazette

rus.jpg

A Phuket Tourist Police officer points to where the bullet exited the seat, and

PHUKET: -- A Russian man is recovering in hospital after being shot in the back during a drive-by in Rawai on Saturday night.

Maksim Klocskov, 32, was shot in the back after a bullet penetrated the trunk and back seat of the car he was riding in.

Mr Klocskov was rushed to Phuket International Hospital and a medical team immediately began operating on him, Chalong Police Deputy Superintendent Jumroon Plaiduang said.

“We found the Toyota Vios at the hospital with a bullet hole through the trunk. There was also a bullet exit hole in the backseat of the vehicle, as well as blood stains,” Lt Col Jumroon said.

After renting the car that night and going out for pizza, Mr Klocskov's group of friends were driving along the Rawai beachfront road. Mr Klocskov was sitting alone in the backseat.

“Two youths rode by on a motorbike and then swung around and started to follow the car, we were told,” said Col Jumroon.

“Mr Klocskov’s friends believe the cause of the shooting might have been due to the Vios cutting the motorbike off,” he added.

None of Mr Klocskov’s friends could recall the license plate number or color of the motorbike.

Police are continuing their investigation.

Full story: http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket_news/2013/Russian-shot-in-Phuket-beachfront-drive-by-22002.html

pglogo.jpg
-- Phuket Gazette 2013-08-19

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow. It wasn't that long ago I was reading about a (think) German guy who was put in hospital when he tried to cross the road and was nearly run over by a couple of guys on a motor bike. So, let me get this right. Drive dangerously and threaten a farang's life and you have to get upset and then put them in hospital. Drive dangerously as a farang and threaten someone elses life, then you do the same - get upset and put them in hospital. Makes perfect sense to me.

• Like 2

Still convinced that there is no Russian Mafia

What are you talking about? Did you bother to read the OP before you bothered to post this tripe?

Hmmmmmmm, if I was a foreign mobster perhaps l might hire local lo-life for a hit. coffee1.gif

Ahhh, no. You would fly in a Russian hit man for the job, and fly him out straight after the hit. Best to hire a professional. :)

Edited by NamKangMan
  • Like 1

Still convinced that there is no Russian Mafia

What are you talking about? Did you bother to read the OP before you bothered to post this tripe?

Hmmmmmmm, if I was a foreign mobster perhaps l might hire local lo-life for a hit. coffee1.gif

Ahhh, no. You would fly in a Russian hit man for the job, and fly him out straight after the hit. Best to hire a professional. smile.png

Why, when ''hit men'' here are so inexpensive. biggrin.png

Ahhh, no. You would fly in a Russian hit man for the job, and fly him out straight after the hit. Best to hire a professional. smile.png

Why, when ''hit men'' here are so inexpensive. biggrin.png

If you had bothered to read the past few post by the newbie I responded to, you may have a different opinion. Now conspiracy theorists are putting in their two satang worth as well... Unbelievable! These Russians rented the car that day and went out for a pizza in Rawai, then cut off some punks on a motorbike and you geniuses are talking hit men... Truly brilliant lot! I suppose you two didn't bother to read this article either: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/661865-german-expat-mugged-by-phuket-teen-gang/

Edited by Jimi007
  • Like 1

This appears to be a public safety issue, one that should concern us all. Russians, Chinese, Thais, Germans, etc. run the risk of being injured or killed by those that have little regard for law or human life. Let's not use this article as a sounding board for bashing one nationality or another. Be safe all.

“Two youths rode by on a motorbike and then swung around and started to follow the car, we were told,” said Col Jumroon.
“Mr Klocskov’s friends believe the cause of the shooting might have been due to the Vios cutting the motorbike off,” he added.""

Perhaps he should have shared the pizza equally?

“Mr Klocskov’s friends believe the cause of the shooting might have been due to the Vios cutting the motorbike off,” he added.""

Perhaps he should have shared the pizza equally?

Or perhaps you shouldn't have bothered to post this either? Another newbie trying to put up his post count? But at least you bothered to read and post the pertinent and only facts in the article...

Scary stuff. I drive that road many times a week and I have noticed a youth presence hanging on the side of the road at night.

Police should do a crackdown on that area at night.

They have to announce the crackdown dates first. Be patient.

Seems everyday you hear of more dastardly deeds in Phuket. The next one always seems to be worse than the last. Prosecution of locals seems almost non-existent or they are let go on bond which probably ensures that the suspect will not be available for prosecution. If I am incorrect of my assessment please set me straight. I was actually thinking about moving to Phuket, but it seems like not a very safe place. Furthermore I'm not a guy who would take too kindly to some local shoving a gun in my face. Nor am I man who runs away from fight. So best just to avoid a situation like this.

@ Jimi007

I'm not suggesting this was a professional hit. I just commented that I wouldn't use a local for a professional kill - not that I would ever require one.

From the details in the article, it was far from a profesional attempt to kill.

More like a couple of drugged up locals who think they have a "licence" to do ANYTHING they please against a farang here.

Gee, I wonder where they get that attitude from? :) :)

Professional hit would have been better. At least then the hit's are restricted to some individuals.

Now getting a bullet or getting mugged is an possibility to almost anyone who makes mistakes on the road.

I just hope the war on drugs would come back someday. Including killing the drug dealers.

This time they however could legalize marihuana, before going for yaba heads. Stoned people would just lay somewhere, eating snacks.