Thai economy: Officials downplay recession fears

webfact

After only 2 years of the PTP government the effects of Thaksinomic start to show. Hopefully this warning of the future is in time to stop the fatal rape of the Thai economy with the 2.2 trillion baht loan and the 360 billion baht flood mitigation loan. But its too late to save the 600billion baht rice scam fiasco. One can only imagine the horror story the Thai economy will be after another two years of this mismanagement.

Edited by waza
  • Like 2

Took out every Baht I had in Thailand late June 2013. I'll be back soon and not bringing any back with me.

It's an interesting statement,, could you elaborate as i have a lot of money in my Thai account and i will just use that money to live when i get there,, if i take the money out the exchange will be less and i will loose money so i think i will just leave it there, what do you think.

if you want the Thai bahts to live on then it wont effect you much

but if you want to travel to another country then your bahts may not go far

if you want to buy imported goods or food then the price of these things will rise

if you eat drink and travel in Thailand then you should be OK

I too took my money out of the stock exchange

you could set up a foreign currency account in Thailand but do you trust the banks?

buy some gold?

• Like 1

6%, 5.5%, 4.5-5.5%, more than 4.5%, to now possible 3.8 - 4.2% GDP growth over 2013 ? And four more months to go.

Surely those dasterdly farang again who through forcing their economies into recession cause problems to a fair country like Thailand.

BTW cheap rice anyone?

Thanks Onkel but no thanks. Better give the rice to the prisoners, starting with the two Iranian bombers.:P

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

6%, 5.5%, 4.5-5.5%, more than 4.5%, to now possible 3.8 - 4.2% GDP growth over 2013 ? And four more months to go.

Surely those dasterdly farang again who through forcing their economies into recession cause problems to a fair country like Thailand.

BTW cheap rice anyone?

Thanks Onkel but no thanks. Better give the rice to the prisoners, starting with the two Iranian bombers.:P

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

By the end, it will be Soros fault again

BTW cheap rice anyone?

Thanks Onkel but no thanks. Better give the rice to the prisoners, starting with the two Iranian bombers.tongue.png

As I wrote, those dastardly farang again. Of course nothing to do with Thai rolleyes.gif

• Like 1

BTW cheap rice anyone?

Thanks Onkel but no thanks. Better give the rice to the prisoners, starting with the two Iranian bombers.Posted Image

As I wrote, those dastardly farang again. Of course nothing to do with Thai Posted Image

£ = 50thb -keep it coming Thaksin

Took out every Baht I had in Thailand late June 2013. I'll be back soon and not bringing any back with me.

It's an interesting statement,, could you elaborate as i have a lot of money in my Thai account and i will just use that money to live when i get there,, if i take the money out the exchange will be less and i will loose money so i think i will just leave it there, what do you think.

if you want the Thai bahts to live on then it wont effect you much

but if you want to travel to another country then your bahts may not go far

if you want to buy imported goods or food then the price of these things will rise

if you eat drink and travel in Thailand then you should be OK

I too took my money out of the stock exchange

you could set up a foreign currency account in Thailand but do you trust the banks?

buy some gold?

Most of my money is in gold also