Manhunt underway for Thonglor cops accused of extortion

webfact

Manhunt underway for Thonglor cops accused of extortion
The Nation

BANGKOK: -- A manhunt for two police lieutenants has been launched as more evidence of their alleged extortion attempt has emerged.

Arrest warrants have been issued for Wirat Inyord and Akkaranet Mutawan stemming from their reported attempt to extort money from two foreigners.

The two officers were working as deputy inspectors at Bangkok's Thonglor Police Station at the time of their alleged offence.

"There is solid evidence - the investigation report is almost complete," Metropolitan Police Division 5 chief Maj-Gen Suebsak Phansura said yesterday.

He said the two fugitive policemen had not yet contacted authorities to arrange their surrender.

"The manhunt is now on; we will act urgently to bring them to justice," Suebsak said.

Two other police officers arrested in connection with the extortion case have denied any wrongdoing.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2013-08-26

"Two other police officers arrested in connection with the extortion case have denied any wrongdoing"

Can't wait to hear these excuses.........................rolleyes.gif

No wrongdoing . . . . . its our normal day to day JOB whistling.gifclap2.gifcheesy.gif

• Like 2

Have they checked their home or contacted their families? I assume they know where they live. Justice is already lost in this case since they already have reduced the offense by not mentioning the original kidnapping charge. Extortion is a lessor crime that happens every day with every business in Thailand.

"Two other police officers arrested in connection with the extortion case have denied any wrongdoing"

Can't wait to hear these excuses.........................rolleyes.gif

How about:

"I had a couple of phone ins with god,- he made me do it"

Why in the world would the police publicize that they knew who they were or were after them - giving them time to flee? Why didn't the Thai police version of internal investigation, just make the arrests?

Without the common 3 to 5 days advanced announcments of an arrest warrant , wouldn't it be like hunting in a zoo? No fun at all!

I think it is better to stop reporting all the crap we here about corrupt cops. Ladies and gentlemen, this is Thailand. We know all cops are corrupt. We know we cannot stop it. It's simple if you see a cop don't look, stop, talk, just walk away!

Running is an admission of guilt in my view. Bad press is accumilating around the world about the officials and police in this country. Bad news travels faster than ever before thanks to the advances in communications, this is something that the corrupt officials and the extortionists have not cottoned onto yet.

The Police who perpetrated this kidnapping for ransom need to be made an example of,putting them in an inactive post or at a desk is not enough,they need to be banged up,If a villain had carried out this crime and were caught they would be in a world of trouble.If your going to be a villain be a villain,dont hide behind a uniform to carry out your crimes,and give the few decent Police a bad name.