Saw yet another accident

Gone

Another stupid accident in Jomtien when I was out riding my bike yesterday. I had my video sunglasses on at the time and these are 2 screen-shots I took from the video.

I turned around to see if the girl was ok and she was.

She was just cruising along 2nd rd heading towards Thepriset rd on the inside lane (most likely planning to turn right onto Thepriset) when this idiot van driver decided to do a quick decision u-turn and just ran her over. Probably never checked his rear-views (Gee ya think so).

PS: If anyone knows her and she needs the video for proof, I have it all.

post-147691-0-80605100-1377504369_thumb.

post-147691-0-34589000-1377504440_thumb.

Even got stopped by the police on my ride and have it on video. No problems but if there ever was at least I have it on video. A great idea as said many times here before in your car or on a bike for proof if ever needed.

1200 baht in tukcom

Edited by Gone
  • Like 1

Even got stopped by the police on my ride and have it on video. No problems but if there ever was at least I have it on video. A great idea as said many times here before in your car or on a bike for proof if ever needed. 1200 baht in tukcom

Hey !! great idea ....which floor and what shop/stall in tukcom ??? I am going to buy a pair ASAP thumbsup.gif

Even got stopped by the police on my ride and have it on video. No problems but if there ever was at least I have it on video. A great idea as said many times here before in your car or on a bike for proof if ever needed. 1200 baht in tukcom

Hey !! great idea ....which floor and what shop/stall in tukcom ??? I am going to buy a pair ASAP Posted Image

It's the 3rd floor I think they call it. The one above the mobile phone floor. Many shops on that floor carry them. The small spy store next to the stairs is where I got mine. They have car cams also

• Like 2

Quality seems ok too. :)

Yes it is. You can also take still photos or just record audio. They come with a 2gb memory card but I bought a 32gb and use that. Instructions are bad but just youtube it. Several tutorials.

...and now I know why I see people wearing sunglasses in go-go's.

OR massage parlours. whistling.gif ........................smile.png

Sooner or later they'll start banning sunglasses in go-go's... and they'll be looking very closely at prescription glasses.

Sooner or later they'll start banning sunglasses in go-go's... and they'll be looking very closely at prescription glasses.

Time to break out the IMF video contact lenses me thinks.whistling.gif

• Like 1

I am little lost, where and how does 2 road join up to theaparsit?

I'm assuming it's Jomtien 2nd Road - but, at that location, I think it's Thappraya Road.

Yeah it is Thap Phraya Road, but from Phratamnak Road intersection all the way to Chaiyaphruek Road and beyond, it's being called Jomtien 2nd Road by more and more people out this way. Rightly or wrongly.

• Like 1

If you live in PTY for any length of time, you'll see plenty of accidents. Can't count how many I've seen. Once on Beach Rd. I saw a baht bus cut over to the left, hit a rider whose bike then crashed into a row of parked bikes that fell like dominoes; and he went airborne into a few more. Have seen several deaths, saddest was a pretty office lady lying dead beside her bike on Sukhumvit. Once I was riding on a rather deserted side road that comes out near Lotus Sukhumvit, turned a corner and happened on a crashed bike and dead rider just lying there alone. Surreal scene . . . .

Get used to it and hope you're not to be one of the victims.

• Like 1

LOL. That's a nothing accident but a good excuse to talk about video sunglasses.biggrin.png.pagespeed.ce.XhpYJIv77v.png alt=biggrin.png width=20 height=20>

Tropo

I doubt the young lady thought that it was "A nothing accident"

Maybe when you read your reply again......you were embarrassed

All accidents are serious to someone..........try having a heart.......it feels good

• Like 2

LOL. That's a nothing accident but a good excuse to talk about video sunglasses.biggrin.png.pagespeed.ce.XhpYJIv77v.png alt=biggrin.png width=20 height=20>

Tropo

I doubt the young lady thought that it was "A nothing accident"

Maybe when you read your reply again......you were embarrassed

All accidents are serious to someone..........try having a heart.......it feels good

DD13

I'm not embarrassed, even after reading it again...

Seeing a bike under the wheel of a car or van is a regular sight in Pattaya. If the rider is ok, it certainly is not a serious accident. I've been caught by a truck myself once.... and then got back on my bike and took off with some minor injuries - I was embarrassed then because it was my fault.

Regarding "having a heart .. it feels good". I can honestly say I've seen lots of bikes riders, car, bus and truck drivers here doing such crazy and dangerous things that I wished they would have a serious accident to put them off the road and teach them a lesson. Now is that f***d up or what?

• Like 1

As they should. It is rude towards the girls, and rude towards the other customers. Nobody wants to be filmed, especially not without their knowledge and in a compromising situation such as being naked on a stage. Hopefully the gogos will teach troublemakers a lesson one way or another and spread the word.

The Russian guy cut in half awhile back was it bit rough don't you think? I heard that his upper half was asking people passing by for help before he passed out - I wouldn't have liked to witness that first hand.

• Like 1

Anyways my post was really about if anyone knows the girl (maybe a TV member's wife or gf) I at least had video if she needed it for help. The truck driver was in the wrong but who knows how it might play out for the poor gal.

It was not a "nothing accident" to her as she was quite shaken up and now has no motorcycle to ride around on. Maybe she has a job she used it to get to every day. Maybe they will blame her. Who knows, the paramedics were not there yet. She said she was ok but.......

Anyways my post was not supposed to be about video glasses but hey they are a good idea especially for foreigners.

• Like 1

I am little lost, where and how does 2 road join up to theaparsit?

I'm assuming it's Jomtien 2nd Road - but, at that location, I think it's Thappraya Road.

Yeah it is Thap Phraya Road, but from Phratamnak Road intersection all the way to Chaiyaphruek Road and beyond, it's being called Jomtien 2nd Road by more and more people out this way. Rightly or wrongly.

There are official green signs southbound after Thepphrasit telling you it's Jomtien Second Road.