Walen School of Investing - learn how to make money and have a better life!

MacWalen

• Replies 835
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

No need to be rich in order to invest and want to learn about it.

Not at all, so long as you can afford to part with $100 (give or take on the exchange rate) for some information that in this day and age is easily accessible courtesy of Mr Google.

For those residing in Thailand and interested in the SET one can easily take advantage (remember those 3 words, quintessential for the purpose of dressing up of mutton as lamb) of the information available for free courtesy of the SET.

Mac, you claim "expertise", mind me asking, what are these so called "expertise" and are these recognised by any authority?

• Like 1

look at the price of IVL, if you invested in that stock a few years ago, you would now still be in the red. anyway you seem to be mr know it all, so enough said here, just don't cheat people out of there 3000 baht, where are you credentials as an investor, have you ever worked for an investment bank ?

when i want to switch off from my grim work as an investor in (what i think) a grim and very risky global environment i click on this thread and after a few minutes of reading my grim face turns into a big grin. keep up the good work boys!

L-dog%20very%20small.jpg

the simple thing is that you cannot admit that there is money to be made in trading major assets, so we each take our on path......the issue here is that I acutally could explain the very basics of trading over a weekend seminar but it would never cross my mind because lots of incompetent people will probably think that after the seminar they are now ready to go out and trade, morally I would feel unhappy about that. You want to sell a day course to "teach" people about investing, it is immoral, then you would be better off opening a school with a 3 month program for people who are really interested in the financial world.

Traders/speculators vs investors. I teach investing. How about you guys getting together and opening a school of trading/speculating? You will be able to help a lot of people to lose their money. You can also use practical examples showing your small portfolios. I think it could really work.

Sent from my GT-I9190 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

@Naam I like trading my own portfolio with it ups and downs, as long if I reach my yearly goal I am happy, also trading cannot and should not be seen as a major income stream, you need a few other income streams, and trading is a nice extra to it.

Mac you are making a fool out of yourself, your portfolio is a demo account mate, you think people dont see that ? Go back to teaching English isn't that what you do.....or are you the genius that can teach everything ? Wow hats off then wink.png As I said get real man, lol tiny portfolio, I do not feel the need to show my portfolio on a forum...why should I, as far as I am concerned each finances are private.....or will you now post a statement with your bank balance ? rolleyes.gif

• Like 1

You are a dear friend likewise. You help me to promote the school. Thank you. Keep going.

Ah that I like I see a sense of humor there smile.png we each do our thing and if you are happy with what you do, and I am happy with what I do it's all good. group hug, enough troubles in the world so we should not be arguing here, but I do sincerely wish you the best, and I mean this, not being sarcastic.

Edited by likewise

@Naam I like trading my own portfolio with it ups and downs, as long if I reach my yearly goal I am happy, also trading cannot and should not be seen as a major income stream, you need a few other income streams, and trading is a nice extra to it.

i fully agree with you although nowadays i'm not trading as heavily as i used to only a few years ago. the reason is that i am a bond investor and it does not make any sense to cash in some profits and add those profits to a substantial cash quota which virtually yields zero.

therfore i only trade when i see a more interesting alternative to reinvest the proceeds, to prevent losses or (as it happens sometimes) to avoid a higher loss than the one accrued. presently active bond trading is not as profitable as it used to be and the outlook is quite bleak.

however, i admit the latter does not apply to trading stocks which for a savvy investor can be still very profitable.

• Like 2

What I offer is not a nonsense course.

Well as you have provided absolutely no details of what is on the course you are the only one that can say that.

What you offer is anyone's guess.

• 1 month later...

Well, what happened to the seminar, after 30 pages were devoted to it? Did it happen, is it someday, or has the whole thing been dropped?

Thanks for asking. I took the course and now I'm a multimillionaire. It went like a dream.rolleyes.gif

• Like 2

Well, what happened to the seminar, after 30 pages were devoted to it? Did it happen, is it someday, or has the whole thing been dropped?

Thanks for asking. I took the course and now I'm a multimillionaire. It went like a dream.rolleyes.gif

LOL. Love it! Congrats.

As far as I'm concerned you can all go short and trade whatever you like. If you want to how to make money from investing and gave a peace of mind let me know. Your money in your money. Use it as you see it fit. Oh..., forgot, make sure you use maximum leverage so you have more fun.

Why don't you explain the principles of leverage and how it works to us,should be no problem if you're capable of giving investment seminars should it?

Also,what would you say "maximum leverage" was?

Edited by Hardened Spanker
  • Like 1

As far as I'm concerned you can all go short and trade whatever you like. If you want to how to make money from investing and gave a peace of mind let me know. Your money in your money. Use it as you see it fit. Oh..., forgot, make sure you use maximum leverage so you have more fun.

Why don't you explain the principles of leverage and how it works to us,should be no problem if you're capable of giving investment seminars should it?

Also,what would you say "maximum leverage" was?

I bet all my money you will not get a comprehensive reply to that. You have to go along and pay the money to get that kind of information. giggle.gif

Edited by Asiantravel

Its been some time since Mac Walen showed his portfolio to us. Do readers recall he started to show his portfolio and explained to us, using his immense knowledge of finance, how the portfolio values changed? That was such a revelation to me, I didn't know before that portfolio values would change, but Mac Walen told us and showed how he knows how to invest and make money.

His portfolio was worth about 80 million baht of his school's money...all of their cash I believe. But we haven't had an update for some time. i noticed Thai stocks have fallen quite a bit since then.Does that fall explain why we haven't had an update?

If so, why? Mac Walen is used to losing money so I am sure he wouldn't have minded showing us how his portfolio value has changed. He told us how he lost tons in the dotcom crash because he didn't understand options and presumably used maximum leverage, which he teaches is an excellent thing to do.

So anyway, I imagine he must have just been too busy doing really important things that we wouldn't understand, at least not without another of his training courses which would cost money but be excellent value.

Oh, one more question, was Mac Walen using maximum leverage again?

• Like 2

The leverage talk was not serious as you can see from the context. I do not use leverage and the money is doing ok considering the current situation. I am not a trader but an investor. Actually I bought more.

The topic title is:

Walen School of Investing - learn how to make money and have a better life!

If this is going back into the nuts and bolts of investing and portfolios then it needs to be either closed and re opened in business investments forum or moved over there as investment technique to get maximum input in the the topic, It is also not specific to Pattaya since the seminar has now taken place. Please advise

Its been some time since Mac Walen showed his portfolio to us. Do readers recall he started to show his portfolio and explained to us, using his immense knowledge of finance, how the portfolio values changed? That was such a revelation to me, I didn't know before that portfolio values would change, but Mac Walen told us and showed how he knows how to invest and make money.

His portfolio was worth about 80 million baht of his school's money...all of their cash I believe. But we haven't had an update for some time. i noticed Thai stocks have fallen quite a bit since then.Does that fall explain why we haven't had an update?

If so, why? Mac Walen is used to losing money so I am sure he wouldn't have minded showing us how his portfolio value has changed. He told us how he lost tons in the dotcom crash because he didn't understand options and presumably used maximum leverage, which he teaches is an excellent thing to do.

So anyway, I imagine he must have just been too busy doing really important things that we wouldn't understand, at least not without another of his training courses which would cost money but be excellent value.

As I recall about 90% of his stock picks were losers and 10% winners!

The SET and Thai markets are dropping like a stone now with all the problems and the Thai Baht is following suit,,this is EXACTLY why investing in emerging markets is so risky,I wouldn't touch them with a barge pole!

Well at least Mac Walen has learnt another valuable lesson for his next round of seminars,it looks like he might need to start them soon once all the schools's equity has been flushed down the pan...NEVER CATCH A FALLING KNIFE!laugh.png

As I recall about 90% of his stock picks were losers and 10% winners!

The SET and Thai markets are dropping like a stone now with all the problems and the Thai Baht is following suit,,this is EXACTLY why investing in emerging markets is so risky,I wouldn't touch them with a barge pole!

Well at least Mac Walen has learnt another valuable lesson for his next round of seminars,it looks like he might need to start them soon once all the schools's equity has been flushed down the pan...NEVER CATCH A FALLING KNIFE!laugh.png

I think there are times to add more, but to add more you need to have first started with a small position. Mac didn't he used all of the school's cash. Second, only add after a major correction. I think he has added too soon. This guy knows about as much about trading and investment as my cat...the difference is my cat has lots of redeeming features and everyone loves her and she never pretends to be an expert in trading and investment.

• Like 1