Trojan Horse

mrbojangles

Hi people,

Today my AVG Anti-Virus spotted a "Trojan Horse Exploit. CVE-2006-1359"

Now, AVG put it into a "vault" and i got rid of it, i think (is there a fingers crossed emoticon) :o However, now when i open any microsoft office program i.e. Publisher, Excel, Word etc. I make some changes and try to save the changes but it just come up with "Program Not Responding".

Could this be linked to the Trojan Horse? If so, can anyone help me how to get rid. If it's not to do with the Trojan, does anyone have any suggestions as to what to do.

Many thanks

MrBoJ

Download Avast free edition, www.avast.com you can then schedule a boot scan of your hard drive and reboot, it will scan before windows kicks in and has an excellent reputation in picking up trojans other programmes have missed. If you struggle with it give me a shout.

John

Hi people,

Today my AVG Anti-Virus spotted a "Trojan Horse Exploit. CVE-2006-1359"

Now, AVG put it into a "vault" and i got rid of it, i think (is there a fingers crossed emoticon) :o However, now when i open any microsoft office program i.e. Publisher, Excel, Word etc. I make some changes and try to save the changes but it just come up with "Program Not Responding".

Could this be linked to the Trojan Horse? If so, can anyone help me how to get rid. If it's not to do with the Trojan, does anyone have any suggestions as to what to do.

Many thanks

MrBoJ

Did you reboot your computer after AVG did its thing? If not, try rebooting. No joy then the simplest thing to try is a reinstall of your Office program. If that doesn't work, then we'll have to dig around and get our hands dirty.