Uzbekistan Murder Victim 'comes back from the dead' in Pattaya

webfact

Uzbekistan Murder Victim "comes back from the dead" in Pattaya

uzbe-2.jpg

PATTAYA: -- A 22 year old Uzbekistan resident of Pattaya presented herself at the Tourist Police Station in Pattaya on Thursday and claimed a well-known Thai newspaper had reported her murder.

Miss Nigora Muminova showed Tourist Police a scan of a news item in a Thai Newspaper which related to the murder of a woman by her Uzbekistan boyfriend, Mr. Sobiyon Sobirov aged 23, in Bangkok, whereby he killed her and then placed her in a suitcase which was thrown into a river on 16th August.

uzbe-4.jpg

The report featured a picture of Miss Muminova as the murder victim but used a different name and age for the victim. She presented her passport to Police and confirmed she was very much alive and has been working in Pattaya as a waitress for more than 1 year.

Her main concern was that her family and friends in her native country may see the article and believe her to be dead.

Full story: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/100841/uzbekistan-murder-victim-comes-dead-pattaya/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2013-08-30

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

When this story first broke the victim was described as Thai. Then suddenly became the Uzbek girlfriend. Now the girlfriend resurfaces.

Someone has alot of explaining to do.

What initial tests identified the corpse as the Uzbek girlfriend or were the police just relying on the confession?

How much 'pressure' did the police put on the Uzbek guy to confess?

Sent from my GT-I9003 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 2

Are foreigners allowed to work as waitresses ?

I'm sure most of you know there has been Russian girls working in go go bars in Pattaya for many years that profession is also reserved for Thai's but all the rules can be slightly adjusted if you know how to go about it.

The journalist did a great job actually .....where the hell did he find the name of that girl and where all the story is from ?? I can see once more here some Russian bashing ..... Just to remind a few here that Uzbekhistan is not Russia and they are like the rest of us ..Farang in Thailand ... coffee1.gif

• Like 1

People at the Olympic Games, whose sole job is to put up the proper flags or play the proper anthem (from a total of fewer than 200 options), screw it up.

Is it little wonder then that perhaps Thai Immigration people, asked to produce a photograph of a young Uzbek woman with dark hair that maybe arrived a year ago, probably on a flight with 100 other similar looking women, on a day they may have processed 50,000(+) visitors, maybe used the wrong picture ?

As for her work permit. I see on one site that foreigners apparently can work at "selling food, beverages that promote tourism." while another site states that "(19) Sale of food and beverages" is restricted to Thais only. It doesn't mention waitresses or dancing or singing or anything related to the entertainment industry at all it seems.

That site is the English translation of the FOREIGN BUSINESS ACT, B.E.2542(1999)* and on List 1 of the Annex (BUSINESSES STRICTO SENSU - NOT PERMISSIBLE TO FOREIGNERS BY SPECIAL REASON) the very first item is:

(1) The Press,radio broadcasting station or radio and television station business".

Some of the other occupations included in that Act are:

(9) Land trading,

(6) Provision of accounting services,

(7) Provision of legal services,

(16) Advertising business,

(17) Hotel business, with the exception of the hotel management service and

(18) Guided touring.

The Act does note that "(21) Other service businesses, with the exception of service businesses as prescribed in the Ministerial Regulation."

So perhaps foreign waitresses/dancers are legal, just as Filipino singers in bands apparently have been for generations (just how long has Mary been singing at the Blues Factory any ways ?!?!?)

The journalist did a great job actually .....where the hell did he find the name of that girl and where all the story is from ?? I can see once more here some Russian bashing ..... Just to remind a few here that Uzbekhistan is not Russia and they are like the rest of us ..Farang in Thailand ... coffee1.gif

Well, that's not strictly correct either. Whilst Uzbeks, Kazakhs etc are definitely not "Russian", in the eyes of Thais they are not farangs either. Farangs are the "Western" people, Russians are just...well...Russians....and the rest (apart from the kon yippun, kon gaolii and kon jin) are classified as kaeke (Arabs, Indians, Iranian, ***- stanis etc). More castes than in Mumbai:-)

• Like 2

Could be a well thought out plan (not) by her and her boyfriend to get rid of some one else, whatever the case,he had the case and someone was in it,yes, a hell of a lot of explaining,by her,the boyfriend and especially the police!..gotta love this place...dam_n it, we on TV already had him hung, oh well,lets hang him again....clap2.gif

Well, the murder victim was apparently Thai, and there appears to be an incorrect photo used in the newspaper (that's not unusual!)..... possibly a ploy to absolve her boyfriend of any responsibility in the killing of the actual victim: clearly it wasn't her who was murdered, but somebody else was, and her boyfriend is the suspect/ accused.

I'm sure most of you know there has been Russian girls working in go go bars in Pattaya for many years that profession is also reserved for Thai's but all the rules can be slightly adjusted if you know how to go about it.

Like for instance, speaking fluent Russian or Russian and/ or more than one European language for their tourist target.

My ex-wife learned Japanese to add to Portuguese, Spanish and fluent English to get a flash job, working on special tours of South America by Japanese tourists on a major airline.

An education does help get some jobs and if there were no Thai waitresses available who spoke fluent Russian, I would think they would have a case.

Like for instance, speaking fluent Russian or Russian and/ or more than one European language for their tourist target.

My ex-wife learned Japanese to add to Portuguese, Spanish and fluent English to get a flash job, working on special tours of South America by Japanese tourists on a major airline.

An education does help get some jobs and if there were no Thai waitresses available who spoke fluent Russian, I would think they would have a case.

I admire people like your ex-wife who can speak many languages and further their career. But there are many restaurants here where the staff do not speak English but i don't think I could get a work permit as an English speaking waiter.

• Like 1

When this story first broke the victim was described as Thai. Then suddenly became the Uzbek girlfriend. Now the girlfriend resurfaces.

Someone has alot of explaining to do.

What initial tests identified the corpse as the Uzbek girlfriend or were the police just relying on the confession?

How much 'pressure' did the police put on the Uzbek guy to confess?

Sent from my GT-I9003 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Either way you look at it. A most extraordinary story. Remember all the experts postulating on the murder when it was posted here.

Do you remember what you wrote? What we thought? What we speculated?

When these stories break, I often refuse to give energy or time to speculation, because of this.

What does it suggest? Surely the policing and reporting could not be that bad or misleading.