exotic leather seats for motorcycle

nandele

hi....

does anyone knows shops/artisans than can upholster motorcycle seats with exotic leathers ( snake/crocodile) in Bangkok?

any idea of price also??

i am looking to customize my new bike and that would be the start...

leopard???that sound like an idea.....:-)

seriously... i am not confortable with std seat and would like to slightly change the shape.... i know there are plenty of choice trough original accessories...but i guess the price will be pretty high so i was thinking of having it locally made...

"Ban Po" (not sure of spelling) down Samut Prakarn way has heaps of tanneries.

They process/color or whatever, various kinds of leather and would easily whip some material up for the right price I imagine.

(most of the places supply Auto/Furniture companies I think)

Do a bit of googling to find some seat making videos. It is not actually a very difficult process, and providing you can find a shop that has some experience (many around) it would be hard to stuff up I'd reckon.

Good luck and promise us all pics!

I go to bike shops and ask for direction when i want a custom job,

just get on your bike, drive to the shops you know, and ask where it can be done.

Its also good to know the place, for various reasons, like discussing how you want it,

and for next time, if you want a change or whatever.

Edited by poanoi
  • Like 1

...seriously if u can help really welcome if not ...save your internet broadband usage...

I'm saving my band-width to not help you. Who are you to decide who is or who is not welcome? Some of us come on here for some light entertainment as well as to help appreciative people. BSJ was just baiting you which worked. He knew exactly what you wanted to do and on which bike.

There are many places where they will modify your seat and there are close-ish by some leather places that make jackets and boots so maybe between them?

I will admit to only have four mates with Harleys. Want a bespoke exotic leather handbag/bike seat place? Why not join a Harley club? I am sure they will tell you where to go?

Edited by VocalNeal

"Ban Po" (not sure of spelling) down Samut Prakarn way has heaps of tanneries.

They process/color or whatever, various kinds of leather and would easily whip some material up for the right price I imagine.

(most of the places supply Auto/Furniture companies I think)

Do a bit of googling to find some seat making videos. It is not actually a very difficult process, and providing you can find a shop that has some experience (many around) it would be hard to stuff up I'd reckon.

Good luck and promise us all pics!

i will try to contact them many thanks also to BKK dreaming and poanoi i an going to the bike shop today and will check with them...

...seriously if u can help really welcome if not ...save your internet broadband usage...

I'm saving my band-width to not help you. Who are you to decide who is or who is not welcome? Some of us come on here for some light entertainment as well as to help appreciative people. BSJ was just baiting you which worked. He knew exactly what you wanted to do and on which bike.

There are many places where they will modify your seat and there are close-ish by some leather places that make jackets and boots so maybe between them?

I will admit to only have four mates with Harleys. Want a bespoke exotic leather handbag/bike seat place? Why not join a Harley club? I am sure they will tell you where to go?

i maybe have got it bad...my bad and thabks for suggestion

Snake or Crocodile can look really fine if done right. But for something different maybe rabbit fur???

I am on an Unlimited plan so I don't have to worry.

Your asking for advice so that's what people are doing.

You don't want snake or croc, even though some of the best custom seats are made with that material.

You probably can't get leopard, tiger or cougar pelts here (but maybe you can!) so they maybe off the list.

Cow hide, pig skin, fox and rabbit are the main ones left if you take out snake and croc.

Maybe lizard can be had in Bangkok. That could be interesting!

Be creative and think outside the square.

Snake or Crocodile can look really fine if done right. But for something different maybe rabbit fur???

You don't want snake or croc, even though some of the best custom seats are made with that material.

You probably can't get leopard, tiger or cougar pelts here (but maybe you can!) so they maybe off the list.

Cow hide, pig skin, fox and rabbit are the main ones left if you take out snake and croc.

You can get elephant

as soon as back in bkk i think i will look for croc...i would like to add some personal touch to the stock bike but at same time i am using it regularly...so i guess this will be the best one in terms of waterproofing and durability...just hope i will not get shocked with the price..

You can get elephant

If it's Thai elephant you could find yourself in world of อึ (kei). sad.png

Just came to think of it, go and have a beer at a biker bar, ask the bikers if they know a place

thanks or advise...do u have any place to suggest where i can meet other foreigner bikers? i am not familiar with bike scene in bkk...

I would not want to sit on crock skin, knowing its texture I don't think its comfortable, but hey, go for the looks if that what you want.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

The way they make it supple means it is soft like pig skin.