disenfectant; where to buy

angrybird

I had issues finding this myself for a while, this is what it looks like.

attachicon.gif20130902_125128.jpg

Look at the picture on the front of the bottle,

So you will find it in the shelves with washing powder and softeners...... Not what we use Bleach for !!

Here is used in everyday washing, most washing machines have a tank to pour bleach into. others soak in a big bowl overnight..

Another good and strong product for disinfect and cleaning is Vixol ( brand name ) its 20% HCl , hydrochloric acid.

But do not mix this with bleach, sodium hypochlorite. Because chorine gas, Cl2 is produced.

Edited by morrobay

Another good and strong product for disinfect and cleaning is Vixol ( brand name ) its 20% HCl , hydrochloric acid.

But do not mix this with bleach, sodium hypochlorite. Because chorine gas, Cl2 is produced.

Don't really like the cleaners with high HCl content, very caustic stuff. Vim does a nice job cleaning and no HCl I believe. Also, some cleaners have citric acid as their disinfecting agent and these are good too.

Clorox seems to be out of stock in most places I looked.

Whatever you do, don't mix bleach with windows cleaner, that makes ammonium chloride gas which is nasty!

I remember cleaning a pub toilet once in my youth, the concentration of pish in the communal urinal must have make the ammonia very strong cause once I poured bleach down it started fuming!

Don't really like the cleaners with high HCl content, very caustic stuff. Vim does a nice job cleaning and no HCl I believe. Also, some cleaners have citric acid as their disinfecting agent and these are good too.

Depends on the application:Hydrochloric acid is good for dissolving salts like calcium carbonate that accumulate on tiles,sinks and toilet: CaCO3(solid) + 2 HCl --> CaCl2 + CO2 + H2O

By the way caustic chemically refers to strong bases llke sodium hydroxide , NaOH. Which is a good drain cleaner. Tops supermarket sells small containers of this chemical.

Edited by morrobay

• 9 months later...

One commercial post removed.

This is nearly a one year old topic, so I believe we could close it as I am sure the OP has found some disinfectant by now.

//CLOSED//