Red Bull scion faces arrest warrant over hit-and-run

Lite Beer

Okay, you've got an arrest warrent out for someone who has fled the country. Wouldn't it be logical to cancel his passport? Then he could be deported from wherever and....

Oh wait...sorry...sorry...what was I thinking? That's obviously a dumb idea. Please disregard.

Edited by marell
  • Like 1

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Charges of drunk driving and speeding have been dropped because he was drunk while speeding..once again I get the thai logic.

By the way dont worry about him keep failing to show up at court. He is on "holiday" so it's understandable.

Sent from one of my devices using the internet

The charge of speeding has been dropped because of the statute of limitations. He wasn't charged in time.

Although the alcohol level in his blood test was above the legal limit, I thought I read he wasn't charged with DUI because he claimed he drank alcohol after he got home which invalidated the test. Although cocaine showed up in the blood test no charges relating to it seem to have been made.

That leaves the current charges. No doubt the laws are being scruitinized and words manipulated and twisted to find away to make these disappear too. Once they've all been dissolved "chummy boy" will recover quickly from his illness and return. No doubt all his mates and hangers on will tell him what a great chap he is to get away with all this. Then back to the booze, drugs, parties and what ever else he get's up too.

The attempt to pervert the course of justice with the servant and senior police offices seems to have been forgotten. Clearly, he wasn't involved in this outrageous plan cooked up by the servant and copper.

All just an inconvenience and some bad PR to him and his family. But, they know it will blow over as usual.

• Like 1

Not many believers in innocent until proven guilty here are there.

If he was innocent he would not have fled the scene after hitting the Policeman, told a pack of lies regarding who was driving the car, and now absconded to Singapore to avoid arrest.

This hi-so trash was never innocent.

• Like 2

Thailand's elite have been relatively lucky that the country has avoided major political upheaval unlike it's neighbours, however the clock is now ticking on that too.

Incidents like this just add fuel to the fire for when it inevitably happens.

We expats should be thankful that incidents like this happen to warn us of the realities of this country when we get carried away on our extended holidays here.

And expats and foreign tourists should never lose sight of the fact that Thailand is a very risky place for any foreigner. You are constantly at risk and defenseless.

I disagree - I am not constantly and at risk and certainly ain't defenceless.

Drink driving has been dropped because he failed a drink/drugs test?

What a joke. If he had been a truck driving from Ubon he would be serving 10-20 as we speak.

Amazing Thailand.

Are the Red Bull F1 team aware of the amazing PR they are receiving in Asia? The BBC and The Guardian carried the story today.

When do you ever hear Red Bull Racing mention their Thai connection?

I doubt if most F1 fans even know about it.

Why not everyone start "Twittering" all the F1 Teams with all this info... Sure to be picked up By Media and Fans alike. If I was a fan of Budwiser and I got the info... I would be sure everyone I knew and more got it too... What Better way to demoralize "Red Bulls Team" and force a positive response to this issue!

We all talk about maybe they not know... So make sure thet do!

Why should the Red Bull team suffer because of this guy?

Every family has a black sheep. I remember there was a story in my Sunday school about the prodigal son - this guy was probably no more irresponsible than many I know at that age. I was rehabilitated and so can this guy too. There is room for compassion here.

What a joke. If he had been a truck driving from Ubon he would be serving 10-20 as we speak.

Amazing Thailand.

Are the Red Bull F1 team aware of the amazing PR they are receiving in Asia? The BBC and The Guardian carried the story today.

Why not everyone start "Twittering" all the F1 Teams with all this info... Sure to be picked up By Media and Fans alike. If I was a fan of Budwiser and I got the info... I would be sure everyone I knew and more got it too... What Better way to demoralize "Red Bulls Team" and force a positive response to this issue!

Putting on my alluminium foil helmet for a moment... I'd advise - if residing in Thailand - against using "social media"... I wouldn't put it past a company of this calibre to raise a few defamation and libel cases...

Jus' sayin'

What a disgrace for Thailand.

However, if I was in this scumbag's shoes I would probably have done exactly the same on the advice of my expensive lawyers. The problem lies in the legal system that allows the time lapse, non-appearance in court, excuses, lack of implementation and easy peasy bail without removal of passports etc. etc etc. The police who have repeatedly failed to come up with enough evidence for the prosecutors to act, despite their promise to pursue this scumbag, have also a lot to answer for. And finally, the archaic practice of paying off the victim's family before a trial is one of the worst offences, even though I do realise the family of the victim need to survive. If the court cases were conducted timely, they could wait until compensation was decided by the courts.

As much as i despise the system, if he does decide to stay away and not return, i dont think he will have a happy life. Regardless of what it might look like on the onside, and the opportunities his wealth gives him to lead a comfortable life wherever he chooses, this will stay with him forever, and many people will never be able to look him in the eye again. It does not sound much, but going through life living like that cannot be easy. Plus the fact that he wont be able to come home for 15 years- which might not sound much but he is Thai, and they do love Thailand.

If i was him i would just come home and face the music. It is 99% certain he will get off anyway, and at least if he does that he can sort of hold his head up and say he was found innocent in the court of law.

Don't think so. People wai'd him before and his apparently sole achievement in life was in his grandad making a caffeine drink that a foreign marketing genius turned into a bazzilion dollar brand.

People will still wai him. that's the way it is.

In many coutries when you on bail you have to surrender your passport too but in Thailand I don't know why it don't pratice?

Even in farangland that is not mandatory...

It's a condition imposed by the judge or magistrate having had it requested by the district attorney or the crown when dealing with bail condition...

Not being familiar with Thai law I can't say I know what the conditions of bail entail...

10 years isn't enough, he was drunk and drugged up and killed someone and ran away and tried to get someone else to take the blame and ran away and has stuck up both middle fingers to the entire judicial process since. I guess in his eyes, a payment was made to the cops family so what's the problem ? As usual the Thai 'justice system is a total mockery. He should get life in prison and the cops family should be given the interest his fortune accrues whilst he is banged up !

• Like 1

Amazing Thailand.

Every family has a black sheep. I remember there was a story in my Sunday school about the prodigal son - this guy was probably no more irresponsible than many I know at that age. I was rehabilitated and so can this guy too. There is room for compassion here.

This needs to be explained a little s-l-o-w-e-r, Now am I at the right speed?

Anywhere else in the World, if someone associated with a Business gets caught breaking the Law, the Business suffers! Tell me as an example what King had to appologize to his Kingdom recently for something his Son-in-Law and Daughter did??

To be rehabilitated first you had to show up to feel the wrath.. Correct? I think there is a Big Difference here between you and him. I believe you were more Responsible at excepting whatever came down... He doesn't want it to "Rain on his Parade"! (Don't put yourself in his class! Your way above that scale, even if you committed a Wrong! (I don't even know you, but I read this in your Post)

Now someone said I might be held accountable for things I said on the Internet??? If a Reporter picks up a lead and researches to do an Article and the Papers Pick it up World Wide... Who's to say I informed him, or he read it here, or even more convincing In one of the Thai Papers...

Is Red Bull going to shut all this done because of all this? "Arn't we still talking about it?"

Uses fear to force the silence of the Lamb's is only going to force more attention on the subject!

Maybe this guy's family has my families share of Black sheep because we don't have any. OK, so you want room for compassion, agreed. Lets start by mirroring the compassion he displayed for the policeman dragged 100 meters under his car, then left to die on the roadside without a call for first response or medical aid, and lets not forget the compassion he and his Father were displaying in trying to get a member of the house staff fitted up for the crime. Perhaps the compassion he displays for the family of the dead in the remorse he has shown by legging it to Singapore to avoid charges. There, compassion, my heart is bleeding purple piss. Were you rehabilitated for death by reckless driving whilst under the influence of drugs as well? I have news for you, rehabilitation starts with an acknowledgement of your responsibility, and even then it is unlikely you can rehabilitate anyone who displays such a lack of remorse, so as far as this 'young man' is concerned the only place you will find sympathy is somewhere in the dictionary between s**t and syphilis. Lock him up, throw away the key, avoid further examples entering the human race via the same gene pool - justice and society served.

Brilliant post...except the throw away the key bit. However much many of us despise this piece of garbage, proportionality needs to be retained. 10 to 15 years feels about right to me.

Boycott

Agree. Boycott Thailand, not just Red Bull. That's what I'm doing, for as long as it takes for this weasel to serve some jail time.

p.s. Apologies to any weasels I've offended.

As thaivisa is (probably) hosted in thailand, you're already giving CAT telecom money by accessing the site. That is assuming that you're not in thailand, which would make your case idiocy of the highest form

Edited by sadhukar

Boycott

Agree. Boycott Thailand, not just Red Bull. That's what I'm doing, for as long as it takes for this weasel to serve some jail time.

This case is the deciding factor on Thailand's integrity, or lack thereof ?

A technical question: what is the statute of limitations in Thailand for facing (down) an arrest warrant. ? It obviously depends on how much money and spare face you have, and which of the many apparently irrelevant courts you are facing down, but are there any published guidelines for how much contempt and for what length of time you can reasonably get away with it.

Seems to be an unwritten formula in Thailand

Boycott

This case is the deciding factor on Thailand's integrity, or lack thereof ?

It's my tipping point.

Boycott

As thaivisa is (probably) hosted in thailand, you're already giving CAT telecom money by accessing the site. That is assuming that you're not in thailand, which would make your case idiocy of the highest form

Wow, just based on a probability. And I thought I was pedantic...

Anyway, clever you, you guessed that I don't live in Thailand, so I'm glad I don't meet your criteria. All I'm saying is that I will withdraw my tourist pound from Thailand.

p.s. I've just checked my bank account and can confirm that I have given no money whatsoever to CAT telecom. To think that, by me using this website, I would be paying money to them is, so I'm lead to believe, idiocy of the highest form!!!

p.p.s. I don't have a case; only a rucksack! ;-)

Edited by BwindiBoy

In many coutries when you on bail you have to surrender your passport too but in Thailand I don't know why it don't pratice?

Even in farangland that is not mandatory...

It's a condition imposed by the judge or magistrate having had it requested by the district attorney or the crown when dealing with bail condition...

Not being familiar with Thai law I can't say I know what the conditions of bail entail...

You must surrender your passport to the local Court here in Thailand also. They issue you with a little yellow folded card with a place to paste your photo on it. Especially if you are farang and not filthy rich.