Roadside Stand Cooking, Selling, Serving Dog. How to turn-in to Authorities

KMA

We have a stand nearby that is cooking and serving dog. We are wondering if anyone knows a way we can turn them in to authorities. We would appreciate any information anyone can provide. Please only info regarding a way to turn them in is appreciated

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We have a stand nearby that is cooking and serving dog. We are wondering if anyone knows a way we can turn them in to authorities. We would appreciate any information anyone can provide. Please only info regarding a way to turn them in is appreciated

Why would you want to? It is not actually illegal to eat dog in Thailand. They obviously have customers or they would not be trading.

Sent from my i-mobile i-STYLE Q6

I assumed because it is illegal to trade dog meat is would also be illegal to consume here in TL. Anyone 100% sure it is legal to sell and serve?

I think a poster named Jingthing could help you.

Sorry I don't have the foxiest idea about this.

The OP needs to know if legal to eat dog meat in Thailand and if so I imagine he wants a review of the roadside stand. Thought you would know.

Edited by historyprof
  • Like 1

I've related this stoy before of when, unknowingly, I was served dog in Cambodia and it wasonly after I had complimented the chef that I was told that it wansn't some kind of chicken/poultry but a local mutt that I had scoffed down with relish.

I opted for it later that week but it wasn't the same and I'm dam_n sure it was substituted for crocodile.

Edited by Beechboy

I've related this stoy before of when, unknowingly, I was served dog in Cambodia and it wasonly after I had complimented the chef that I was told that it wansn't some kind of chicken/poultry but a local mutt that I had scoffed down with relish.

I opted for it later that week but it wasn't the same and I'm dam_n sure it was substituted for crocodile.

Bloody foreigners, theyll serve you up anything if they can get away with it, pay up "snappy" and exit right prontowink.png

Why would you want to? It is not actually illegal to eat dog in Thailand. They obviously have customers or they would not be trading.

Sent from my i-mobile i-STYLE Q6

dogs are men's best friends and you know that many farangs don't eat dogs so since they don't it others cannot do it especially asians in their own countries.

One post said it is illegal in Thailand to eat dog meat and another that it is illegal to trade it, born neither poster gave a link to a source that would confirm it. What is the real score on this?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app