Getting pool water tested for salt content in the Pattaya area

SantiSuk

I started a salt chlorinator pool recently but then discovered that my salt test strips, despite being newly bought online in the UK, were approaching their expiry date and I'm sure are massively under-reading the salt levels in my pool. The result has been that I am pretty sure I overdosed my pool by about 50%. I would like to check exactly what the salt levels exactly are to decide whether I need to take dilutive action. I am weekending in Jomtien this weekend en famille from Isaan.

Does anybody know if that pool shop in Theprasit Road does pool sample testing? Or does anyone know a pool shop in the area that does? Phone nos to double-check would be useful to. I could of course buy more test strips but this is the second time I have found that salt test strips are no bluddy use unless fresh as a daisy.

Why not order an electronic salinity tester from Ebay, always correct

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SALT-3000-Salinity-Tester-Meter-for-Salt-Water-Pool-Fish-Koi-Pond-Salt-Testing-/370643585109?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item564c144855

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Salinity-Meter-with-Temp-0-70ppt-Water-Quality-Tester-/231046553467?pt=AU_Gadgets&hash=item35cb729f7b

Of course you can also calculate what the salt level is if you know the volume of your pool and how many bags of salt you put in.A Chlorinator is hard to overdose, be more careful with too low level.

Edited by jbrain

Thanks for the info guys. Will go Pattaya Neua today and will buy the salinity tester in preference to sticks, but re latter. my need is more urgent to decide whether to part-drain/refill or not: I know I put way too much in (long story but included duff but newly bought salt sticks and wondering whether old salt loses its salinity, the latter being a bit silly in retrospect); just need to know quickly how overdosed pool is and don't want to wait for a month as I go to UK Wednesday.

Not too concerned of effect of over-salt on the chlorinator - I was worried that too much salt might attack tiles (unlikely) and seals/fittings/chrome (more likely).

I have a digital salinity meter. If you like to come by my house

with some water, I'll be happy to test it for you for free ! :-)

luudee

PS: I am on the "dark side"

Nice offer mate!

PM me your phone number. I'll bring you a beer!