Yingluck, please throw away your passport

webfact

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Nation, please just stop. We get it and it's becoming embarrassing. The poor mans Fox News.

I don't think the Nation fabricates stories like Faux do. I always thought fox news was the poor mans news. Anyone with a gram of intelligence wouldn't believe their BS, unless of course you are a septic tank!

Thai politics are so bizarre.

"To one side of the political divide, she's a runaway prime minister. On the other side of the polarity, she's a poor woman thrust into the political limelight and unfairly victimised."

Those are the two choices? Really?

I wish the People here could see this circus from an outsider's point of view.

I agree with you on every thing except the word unfairly.

She may not be the smartest person in the world but she knows she was shoved into the position which she had and never will have qualifications for. She can always resign. It is not like she was qualified for the job. If she resigns unlike her last job they will replace her.

That quote was from the article.

Not too bad. Much of that OP reflects many attitudes toward her.

For 'many attitudes' please read' the miserable old men who frequent this website/sit in your local farang bar' as they have nothing better to do than moan and complain.

Sadly your description of 'many' is nowhere near everyone else's description of 'majority.' wai2.gif

How do you know what the majority's attitude is towards her?

Did someone say "poor mans Fox 'News' "? This reads as a light fluff peice. So, the PM travels to other countries, is that bad? Not really. To claim or imply that she is not performing her duties because she is abroad is rediculous. There is also a clear attack on the PM because she is a woman. The closest to worthwhile journalism is the question as to why rice is subsidised, but not rubber? Fair question. Why not stick to those? I could name a dozen issues the PM and the Reds can be grilled over, unfortunately, for the opposition, most of these also apply to them.

These questions reg. rice/rubber etc. are indeed being asked, but ms. Yingluck is never around to answer, which makes the current question reg. her travel habits relevant.

And yes, if there are major problems in your country/company and the CEO decides to spend his/her time securing irrelevant deals in irrelevant countries such as Montenegro, then yes, that is very bad - and had it been a private company the CEO would have been fired.

On a side note, ask yourself how often people from Montenegro travel to Thailand or vice versa, or how much business potential, if any, there is between the 2 countries? The answer to both questions is appx. zero, so could it be the real reason for her trip is that her brother is a national of Montenegro?

For 'many attitudes' please read' the miserable old men who frequent this website/sit in your local farang bar' as they have nothing better to do than moan and complain.

Sadly your description of 'many' is nowhere near everyone else's description of 'majority.' wai2.gif

Because she is the one in power. Is this all a little taxing for you? She is the Prime Minister, she won the election...do you understand?

Did someone say "poor mans Fox 'News' "? This reads as a light fluff peice. So, the PM travels to other countries, is that bad? Not really. To claim or imply that she is not performing her duties because she is abroad is rediculous. There is also a clear attack on the PM because she is a woman. The closest to worthwhile journalism is the question as to why rice is subsidised, but not rubber? Fair question. Why not stick to those? I could name a dozen issues the PM and the Reds can be grilled over, unfortunately, for the opposition, most of these also apply to them.

There's nothing wrong with a PM or President making foreign visits, in fact it would be wrong if she didn't but there needs to be a balance. I've never been in a position like her but there are many who are and have been and they usually spend more time in their parliament leading their government.

The thing is Yingluck was clearly never intended to do that job as she had no political experience unlike many in her party. Why do you think she was chosen instead of them? If she didn't want to do the job she should have said no. She could have claimed some respect from that. I don't know what her job prospects would be like in the outside world though. Instead she's just gone along with it and people are claiming she's some sort of icon for women's achievements.

If she wants to regain respect she needs to at least look as if she's trying. There is the issue of conflict of interest regarding Thaksin but if he isn't the purpose of the forthcoming legislation as we've been told then it shouldn't be a problem.

Because she is the one in power. Is this all a little taxing for you? She is the Prime Minister, she won the election...do you understand?

You don't seem to understand that the majority didn't actually vote for her or her party. And you seem to think that the people that did vote for her party, did only because of her, and not because of Thaksin, or the rice pledging, or the increase in wages.

So, tell me again how you know what the majority's attitude is to her?

I love this guy when he doesn't have an answer he falls back on the tired old men in bars number, hehehehehe by the way she didn't win a majority of votes do a bit of research.

One wonders, being the eloquent, dedicated, knowledgable states person that she is, how she would do on a debate program such as the BBC,s Hardtalk debating the current political climate in Thailand ? at least Abhisit managed an interview with the BBC, with all her Kentucky University education she should come through with flying colours me thinks

• Like 2

One wonders, being the eloquent, dedicated, knowledgable states person that she is, how she would do on a debate program such as the BBC,s Hardtalk debating the current political climate in Thailand ? at least Abhisit managed an interview with the BBC, with all her Kentucky University education she should come through with flying colours me thinks

Her use of pidgin English would certainly add some comical content to it, discussing her political ideology may be a bit more difficult, as she doesn't have one.

Her use of pidgin English would certainly add some comical content to it, discussing her political ideology may be a bit more difficult, as she doesn't have one.

Yeap on one suspects if she was asked a too "difficult" question she didn't want to answer, her storm troopers would invade the stage and beat up the presenter followed by threats of burning London to the ground Edited by Soutpeel

In a country not only the PM works, but they have minister and deputy minister in charge in different things. Do the owner of the company does all the job by himself/ herself? Why do a country needs so many minister for if the PM has to do all the work? If there is a problem in the country and it is related to global economy, can we solve it by just staying back? The minister or PM needs to go out there to get help , support and relationship with other countries. Business people should be able to understand this, it is not a political issue now but an economic issue. Hope politition do not manipulate a global economic issue into a political issue.

As the OP author stated, other leaders tend to cancel overseas trips when there is trouble at home. Obama, Bush, Clinton, all got bad raps in America for taking too many vacations, traveling during a crisis, etc.

The fact of the matter is, the PM position or any other role of similar responsibility is not a 9 to 5 job you can phone in. You have to be a leader. To lead, one typically has to be around.

Even in companies I have worked for, if the CEO or GM is off going to conferences and taking meetings all over the world but the business is performing poorly, that's a reason to replace them.

And, what has all of Yingluck's travel brought Thailand? Did she sell any of that rice? Has she forged any new export opportunities?

Even without brining up the fact that her absences seem oddly timed to coincide with avoiding domestic politics, her track record in terms of what she's accomplished with all of her time away from Thailand is poor.

• Like 1

The only head of state in the whole world to travel abroad more than our beloved PM is Barak Obama and it is questionable why he has to travel so much. Is Thailand so vital to the smooth running of the World that its PM must be travelling the Globe constantly? She is traveling to escape her responsibilities. Her job is to be in Parliament shepherding bills to completion and making policy. She is behaving like the figurehead she is accused of being.

Please highlight the parts of the OP that attack the PM because she is a woman; I missed it.

The fact that whenever there is a general election the Thai People elect a government that is consistent with the views she represents ?

The fact that whenever there is a general election the Thai People elect a government that is consistent with the views she represents ?

How do you know what the people that elected the government think of her?

The people that voted for PTP voted for them for various reasons. Are you suggesting that they all voted for PTP because of her?

Even if they all did, that still wouldn't be the majority of the people.

• Like 1

How do you know what the people that elected the government think of her?

The people that voted for PTP voted for them for various reasons.  Are you suggesting that they all voted for PTP because of her?  

Even if they all did, that still wouldn't be the majority of the people.

I suppose because when a nation votes in a government it can be assumed it has confidence in its leader.Obviously the PTP won its mandate for a variety of reasons.Yes, you are correct that a majority of the people didn't vote for her government - but its very rare in any democracy that this is the case.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

All of it consistent with males aged 45-70, apparently bitter that women have gained some power and are not willing to be their playthings.

Had you been able to use the word 'earned' instead of 'gained' there probably would have never been an OP.

Thai politics are so bizarre.

"To one side of the political divide, she's a runaway prime minister. On the other side of the polarity, she's a poor woman thrust into the political limelight and unfairly victimised."

Those are the two choices? Really?

I wish the People here could see this circus from an outsider's point of view.

Hope it doesn't set back the cause of woman's equality in the PM stakes.............Maybe some voters may not be taking her seriously..