How to make a meal fit for a Prince for less than 20 Baht.

Darren McKenzie

I have an upper class (hi-so) Thai-Chinese girlfriend.

Tonight I made something rather special for her.

This is what I did:

1. I went to 7-11

2. I bought a MAMA cup. I bought the ORIENTAL KITCHEN stuff for 15 Baht.

3. I peeled off the lid and added a teaspoon of turmeric.

4. Next, I used a mortar and pestle to crush a dozen peppercorns.

5. I added these crushed peppercorns to the MAMA cup.

6. I then added a few sliced, dried chilies.

7. Finally, I added two cloves of crushed garlic.

Then ... into the microwave it all went. When it was done, I stirred the cup vigorously and allowed it to settle for about two minutes.

After that, my GF and I enjoyed a meal fit for a Prince!

Read more about the health benefits of turmeric:

Read more about the health benefits of black pepper:

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Bad noodles! bah.gif

"In the case of instant noodles, we're not just talking about fat, we're also talking about bad fat," pediatrician Tim Trodd told CNN.com. "These noodles use cheap vegetable oil that breaks down as trans fatty acids."

Doctors have identified trans fatty acids as one of the triggers of heart disease.

"Aside from that, instant noodles have chemicals and preservatives -- a lot of them," Trodd said.

"What you're looking at is essentially a meal with no protein, a lot of fat, carbohydrates, chemicals and salt."

http://edition.cnn.com/2001/WORLD/asiapcf/east/02/23/hongkong.noodles/index.html

Very bad noodles! bah.gif

• Like 1

Please let us know when she leaves you for someone who can actually cook smile.png

BtW shouldn't it be Princess ? unless of course ............

Perhaps you are taking me too seriously. My GF and I also have salmon in the fridge. And some beef, too.

But I think that lots of farangs in LOS do subsist on MAMA, so I feel that my health tips are valid.

Maybe not for you, but certainly for others.

Best of all, the likes of turmeric and black peppercorns and dried chilies and garlic are very cheap!

• Like 1

whistling.gif Not bad, but everyone has their personal taste preferences.

For me I would ask what the h-ll is with all the d--ned Chile Peppers.

The Turmeric, the Peppercorns, and Garlic .... o.k.

Keep the extra Chile Peppers out.

For me, I would have added a small bit of Paprika also.

And, just maybe, if I wanted some Onion taste, just a very small amount of dehydrated Dried Onion flakes into the broth.

But that's just my personal taste.

And I like my noodles with a little less soup broth and more noodles.

Again. my taste preference only.

whistling.gif Not bad, but everyone has their personal taste preferences.

For me I would ask what the h-ll is with all the d--ned Chile Peppers.

The Turmeric, the Peppercorns, and Garlic .... o.k.

Keep the extra Chile Peppers out.

For me, I would have added a small bit of Paprika also.

And, just maybe, if I wanted some Onion taste, just a very small amount of dehydrated Dried Onion flakes into the broth.

But that's just my personal taste.

And I like my noodles with a little less soup broth and more noodles.

Again. my taste preference only.

Another good post. Thank you.

Yes .. your suggestion re: paprika is good. I'll bear that in mind.

Bon Appetit!

Darren, just some friendly advice. Your hi-so girlfriend won't be your hi-so girlfriend for very much longer if you continue down the MAMA noodle road. These noodles are generally thought of as chav food by hi-so and lo-so Thai's much as Pot Noodle is viewed in the UK. She was just being polite by eating it and your obvious delight at being able to spice it up. Do it again and she will take her sexy hi-so bottom somewhere else.

• Like 1

Darren, just some friendly advice. Your hi-so girlfriend won't be your hi-so girlfriend for very much longer if you continue down the MAMA noodle road. These noodles are generally thought of as chav food by hi-so and lo-so Thai's much as Pot Noodle is viewed in the UK. She was just being polite by eating it and your obvious delight at being able to spice it up. Do it again and she will take her sexy hi-so bottom somewhere else.

It was a one-off. And it was fun.

I'm also very happy to share some information I've learned re: nutrition and healthy eating (ie, turmeric and black peppercorns).

Oh ... and not to forget the benefits of crushed garlic and sliced, dried chili.

Also, there is no way your girl friend actually liked that crap. She was just pretending (seriously)

MAMA + tumeric + garlic gloves + peppercorns = Not popular with any Thai anywhere if they are being honest.

Personally I think it's the GF that's pretend LOL

Cant believe you didnt add a touch of coriander or Thai basil. Tut tut wink.png

Forgot the white truffle as well....

As long as it was the White Italian Alba Truffle for the little prince/princess hi so..facepalm.gif

Of course is there anything else ? All Washed down with a nice bottle of Bolly

Mind boggling that you think that adding some seasoning to MAMA somehow makes it a healthier or healthy meal. It is basically the single worst thing you can consume.

... I guess there was a microwave involved as well...Just to add insult to injury...whistling.gif

I have removed the worst troll posts and the many replies to them.

From the forum rules:

Any user who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to contact us immediately via the report function. We do have the ability to remove objectionable messages and will make every effort to do so if we determine that removal is necessary. This is a manual process so please realize we may not be able to remove or edit particular messages immediately. Responding to objectionable messages is discouraged.

Seeing that the OP flamed some trolls instead of reporting their posts, this topic is now closed.

mfr_closed1.gif

• Like 1