New style receipt recieved for 90 days reporting.

I just recently sent of my 90 days report of to immigration and today I just recieved it back. Now it has a barcode and all my personal information has also been printed on the receipt. Has anyone else recieved the same from their local immigration office?

• Like 1

I use the Nan office as I am in Phrae province. Normally I just use the downloaded form and fill it in with through word. Can I still do this now and send the barcoded sheet that was sent to me or do I have to go back to using a pen to do this? I don't mind either its just for ease to use word as I save the file and just update as needed and print. Obviously I will need to send my receipt as well so can I cut on the dotted lines or send the full sheet of A4. There was no instructions about this new system given by the Immigration office so I just thought I would pick peoples brains and see who was in the loop. Plus now I have a barcode is that specific to me or if I took it to a 7/11 or Tesco would I be scanned and shown up as a can of beans or an orange?

Mail the full form TM.47, receipt for the last report and the usual photo copies and SAE.

A 7-eleven shop would not be able to read the bar code used by immigration, but I understand that it is specific to you. There may be some free software available online that can decode it.

The use of the bar code for the 30-day report seems to be used experimentally at selected immigration offices at present. It remains to be seen whether it will be adopted nationwide as a standard and what changes it will bring to reporting by mail.

I wonder myself what information is contained in this immigration bar code. If you have access to a scanner you can scan it and see if this free online decoder gives you the answer: http://www.onlinebarcodereader.com/

P.S. The above link was unable to decode the bar code on my tax return form, but this one managed it (select all options): http://www.datasymbol.com/barcode-recognition-sdk/barcode-reader/online-barcode-decoder.html

Edited by Maestro
added postscript

I use the Nan office as I am in Phrae province. Normally I just use the downloaded form and fill it in with through word. Can I still do this now and send the barcoded sheet that was sent to me or do I have to go back to using a pen to do this? I don't mind either its just for ease to use word as I save the file and just update as needed and print. Obviously I will need to send my receipt as well so can I cut on the dotted lines or send the full sheet of A4. There was no instructions about this new system given by the Immigration office so I just thought I would pick peoples brains and see who was in the loop. Plus now I have a barcode is that specific to me or if I took it to a 7/11 or Tesco would I be scanned and shown up as a can of beans or an orange?

What is the link to download the form?

Nakorn Ratchasim has been doing these since the beginning of last year.

But those of us in Surin and Buriram were switched back in the middle of last tear to the re-opened Kap Cheong office where they seem to not even have a telephone line or a postal address. The lack of the latter means that some people have to do a 300+km trip every 90 days.

Maestro, on 15 Sept 2013 - 01:22, said:

Mail the full form TM.47, receipt for the last report and the usual photo copies and SAE.

A 7-eleven shop would not be able to read the bar code used by immigration, but I understand that it is specific to you. There may be some free software available online that can decode it.

The use of the bar code for the 30-day report seems to be used experimentally at selected immigration offices at present. It remains to be seen whether it will be adopted nationwide as a standard and what changes it will bring to reporting by mail.

I wonder myself what information is contained in this immigration bar code. If you have access to a scanner you can scan it and see if this free online decoder gives you the answer: http://www.onlinebarcodereader.com/

P.S. The above link was unable to decode the bar code on my tax return form, but this one managed it (select all options): http://www.datasymbol.com/barcode-recognition-sdk/barcode-reader/online-barcode-decoder.html

I used my QR code scanner on my android phone and the decoded infromation matched the actual text that is written exactly below the bard code on the receipt. That is a 3 characters code plus the passport number.

Have had the bar code in passport for a while,maybe a year

but it's not been used in anyway by the Immigration office ,

here in Chiang Mai, maybe it would save time,paper if they

just had to scan it,and you where on your way.but that would

be too simple and efficient,can't have that ,can we.

regards Worgeordie

Nakorn Ratchasim has been doing these since the beginning of last year.

But those of us in Surin and Buriram were switched back in the middle of last tear to the re-opened Kap Cheong office where they seem to not even have a telephone line or a postal address. The lack of the latter means that some people have to do a 300+km trip every 90 days.

Try to call the Korat immigration office and ask them if they will accept your 90-day report by mail if Kap Choeng still refuses. Can't find a mailing address for the Kap Choeng office.

Kap Choeng Immigration has reopened as a full service immigration office for Surin and Buriram Provinces.

KCI is hand processing all paper work as they wait on TOT. Their new phone number when activated will be 044559127-8, hopefully today.KCI is processing marriage and retirement extensions, Tourist visa extensions, re entry permit etc. KCI is also doing 90 day reports. They DO NOT accept reports by mail. If you desire you can still do your 90 day report at the Chong Chom border crossing. If you need confirmation on this you may call Korat Immigration at 04492903-4. If you need further information fell free to PM me.

Source:http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/560304-kap-choeng-immigration-reopens/?p=5362137#entry5362137

Ok, I'm confuzzed (as normal at times). The 90 Report form is TM-47, which I keep on computer in PDF format, then just change the date every 90 days. I was under the impression - correctly or not - that in Chiang Mai they could no longer be mailed in and had to be submitted in person. Any other CNX residents know definitively yea or nay? Or I could just swing by and ask. Not that difficult.

It's a shame you can't fax or email the things to them, then have them fax or mail back that you can print out and put in passport, but, OMG, that would be WAY too simple and make WAY too much sense.

cheesy.gif

Ok, I'm confuzzed (as normal at times). The 90 Report form is TM-47, which I keep on computer in PDF format, then just change the date every 90 days. I was under the impression - correctly or not - that in Chiang Mai they could no longer be mailed in and had to be submitted in person. Any other CNX residents know definitively yea or nay? Or I could just swing by and ask. Not that difficult.

It's a shame you can't fax or email the things to them, then have them fax or mail back that you can print out and put in passport, but, OMG, that would be WAY too simple and make WAY too much sense.

cheesy.gif

Here in Chiang Mai that seems to be a changeable thing. Some times you can mail it other times you can not mail it. Some times if you live way out of town you can mail it some times you can't mail it. The last I heard they were letting people mail it again.

cheesy.gif

Here in Chiang Mai that seems to be a changeable thing. Some times you can mail it other times you can not mail it. Some times if you live way out of town you can mail it some times you can't mail it. The last I heard they were letting people mail it again.

Thanks. I'll probably just swing by and ask. I've been using the same guy there pretty much for the past 5 years and, at times, when he can, he'll actually give me preference over others. I'll check with him and see what he says.

Normally my 90 is no big deal here. If people have their papers right, it takes about 2 min or less from the time you get to the desk and hand it to them. It's the idiots who don't, and the number of people waiting, that takes the most time. Last month when I went, there were maybe 20 people in the whole place. I went to get my queue number and the girl just smiled and told me go ahead. Stepped over, handed the paperwork to the guy, he pulled the old slip, made a new one and put it in. When I asked him why he didn't check my paperwork he just laughed and told me that they see me every 90 for the past 5 years, I always have the right pages copied, the form is always downloaded and printed, and there's no need to check it. Som nom na.

wai.gif

• Like 1

Ok, I'm confuzzed (as normal at times). The 90 Report form is TM-47, which I keep on computer in PDF format, then just change the date every 90 days. I was under the impression - correctly or not - that in Chiang Mai they could no longer be mailed in and had to be submitted in person. Any other CNX residents know definitively yea or nay? Or I could just swing by and ask. Not that difficult...

Like with so many other things in Thailand, ask them and they will say NO if they are work-shy. Do not ask and just mail it according to the guideline published on the website of the Immigration Bureau and they can't refuse to accept it because the Immigration Act says that it is allowed.

• Like 1

Ok, I'm confuzzed (as normal at times). The 90 Report form is TM-47, which I keep on computer in PDF format, then just change the date every 90 days. I was under the impression - correctly or not - that in Chiang Mai they could no longer be mailed in and had to be submitted in person. Any other CNX residents know definitively yea or nay? Or I could just swing by and ask. Not that difficult...

Like with so many other things in Thailand, ask them and they will say NO if they are work-shy. Do not ask and just mail it according to the guideline published on the website of the Immigration Bureau and they can't refuse to accept it because the Immigration Act says that it is allowed.

Are you sure you would try it.

I recall a post from a member that mailed his to Chiang Mai and didn't get the receipt back.

So he made a long trip to check on it. They told the him they longer did them by mail and they then went through a pile of them that they had and his was there and they did it.

Whats is interesting is that Chiang Mai is a regional headquarters for immigration. Also Khorat that some reports indicate do not allow them.

Edited by ubonjoe

The best route would be get a movement to do a complete re-write of the 34 year old immigration act to bring it inline to what Thailand is now compared to when it was written.

If you fought just the mail in reporting they probably would just twist around the way the mail in allowance of section 37 is written.

In making notification under this Section , the alien may make notification in person or send a letter of notification to the competent official , in accordance with the regulations prescribed by the Director General

Not up here at Phitsanulok office, still same, same.

Sent from my i-mobile IQ 2 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

When I went to do my 90 days yesterday, they told me there was no need for any of the normal photocopies previously required as everything was now computerized. The form they printed out was bar-coded and all details for me printed in.

As a note however, I will still bring the photocopies with me next time, needed or not...........................thumbsup.gif

I have been reporting, in person, to the Khorat immigration office every 90 days for over 2 years now.

I have never been told that reporting by mail is an option!

It is a long drive and an inconvenience to report in person from the remote village I live in.

Can anyone confirm that it is possible to report via mail to the Khorat office?