All Non O Visas from Hull now need 800K Bht in the bank

(I think they all should have no financial requirements.

Not all people wanting a visa plan on living here on it. There are some that want one so they can travel at any time to visit their family without worrying about time restrictions or the need for a an onward ticket that not having a visa places upon them.

These financial requirements place an undue burden on a lot of families that just want to be together and are willing to make personal sacrifices to do it.

Having to have 400k baht is bad enough but double the amount is outrageous.

I personally think the current requirements for extensions of stay based upon marriage are much higher than needed to live here.

They should also bring back the joint income rule. When it was taken away it forced many to go the visa route. )

totally agree, this now is getting stupid have been in contact with friends in Perth, brisbane, Melbourne, Hobart and canberra the results are

Perth 1.5 mill baht requrement instruction from canberra on the amout of money , this suspect think it perth themselves

melbourne no change no money required

hobart no change no money required

brisbane no change no money required

and the big boy Canberra no change no money required

the above is a phone call the the relevent personell in the consulate/ embassy

stupid is as stupid does

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

SORRY IF THIS QUESTION IS IN WRONG SECTION!

A: ​Yes, there is special visa called Non-immigrant O-A (Long Stay). Foreigners who are

50 years of age or older who wish to stay in Thailand for a long period and do not

have any intention to work in the Kingdom may apply for such visa at the Royal Thai Embassy or Royal Thai Consulate-General in their respective country. The holder of

O-A visa is allowed to stay in Thailand for 1 year from the date of first entry,

and is also able to apply for an extension of stay afterwards. Please see the qualifications and requirements for application and relevant information in

the website (www.mfa.go.th).

Pease can any one let me know if i can apply for this visa in cambodia, or in thailand if necessary.Or do i have to apply from Canada ( holding a canadian passport , however a resident in the caribbean for many years ) Also with visa would i need a police report and if so , Canada or where i reside( caribbean) officially thanks PS IS THERE A ENGLISH TRANSLATION FOR ....WWW.MFA.GO.TH?

SORRY IF THIS QUESTION IS IN WRONG SECTION!

A: ​Yes, there is special visa called Non-immigrant O-A (Long Stay). Foreigners who are

50 years of age or older who wish to stay in Thailand for a long period and do not

have any intention to work in the Kingdom may apply for such visa at the Royal Thai Embassy or Royal Thai Consulate-General in their respective country. The holder of

O-A visa is allowed to stay in Thailand for 1 year from the date of first entry,

and is also able to apply for an extension of stay afterwards. Please see the qualifications and requirements for application and relevant information in

the website (www.mfa.go.th).

Pease can any one let me know if i can apply for this visa in cambodia, or in thailand if necessary.Or do i have to apply from Canada ( holding a canadian passport , however a resident in the caribbean for many years ) Also with visa would i need a police report and if so , Canada or where i reside( caribbean) officially thanks PS IS THERE A ENGLISH TRANSLATION FOR ....WWW.MFA.GO.TH?

You have a choice Canada or the other place if you have residency there.

OA info: http://www.mfa.go.th/main/en/services/123/15385-Non-Immigrant-Visa-%22O-A%22-(Long-Stay).html

Firstly, I must admit, I didn't read the whole thread!Posted Image

But what is the big deal? Why apply for a "marriage"visa in your homecountry? Fly in on a visaextempt, gives you 30 days, straight to immigration to convert into nonimmigrant "O" based on marriage, show them the 400k in your Thai bank account. If your immigration is "friendly" it will give you an extension based on marriage of 15 months, some offices will do it in 2 steps: 3 months first and within the last month the rest.

Seems like most posters are not aware of, that they can have a non O issued in Thailand??Posted Image

Feels strange to quote myself!Posted Image

But I would like to hear the visagurus comments on the above solution!

You forgot the 40k baht income option.

You get non immigrant visa entry they don't call it a non-o.

Not all offices do it. For many it will be a trip to Bangkok for first 2 steps.

At most offices it will be a 4 step process (including Bangkok). Apply for visa with proof of 400k or 40k income and get 15 day under consideration stamp, return and get visa/entry stamps, wait 60 to 90 days, apply for extension showing new financial proof and get 30 day (at most offices it is 30 days from current permit to stay date meaning if you go 30 days early it will be 60 days) under consideration stamp and then go back and get extension stamp.

If in the northeast it would be best to make a trip to Laos for a non-o.

Anybody that is reading this topic that is not getting a visa in the UK can still easily get a single entry non-o with no financials needed.

in canada you can get a MULTI ENTRY non O with no financials needed

Just like you could in the UK until last year when they changed the requirement to 400k baht.

I'm sure the rules will change for Canadians just like they did for Brits, and by then the Brits will need 1.5m in the bank just like Perth...

Does a married guy to a Thai over 65 with a pension have to still show the 400K figure or what his pension pays him even if below the 400K.

That is only at Hull. But if a person applied based upon retirement be could get the visa that way.

Re: Stupid is as stupid does, the average length of stay for all international visitors to Thailand in 2011 was 9.64 days according to TAT.

and your point is

The MFA most likely spends a disproportionate amount of time on the problems of a very small percentage of total visitors who wish to stay for far longer than the average visitor.

Re: Stupid is as stupid does, the average length of stay for all international visitors to Thailand in 2011 was 9.64 days according to TAT.

and your point is

The MFA most likely spends a disproportionate amount of time on the problems of a very small percentage of total visitors who wish to stay for far longer than the average visitor.

well I am sorry but Iam not a visitor and iam sure the people who are concerned here about the changes are not visitors, so i still do not get your point,are you saying we should not be bothered about the changes,for one iam we are talking here about staying with your family. and how to do it.

Edited by MikeandDow

Everyone who enters Thailand with a visa is a visitor. And while I sympathize with anyone's desire to stay in Thailand, saying that any visa regulation that is not tailored to your specific needs is stupid really doesn't help resolve the matter.

• Like 1

Everyone who enters Thailand with a visa is a visitor. And while I sympathize with anyone's desire to stay in Thailand, saying that any visa regulation that is not tailored to your specific needs is stupid really doesn't help resolve the matter.

I was saying the consulate in perth was stupid 1.5 mil baht re read what i said i dont think you comments are very helpfull to people who can not meet the needs for family, i still do not understand what your comments have to do with getting a visa for family personnely i dont care about holidaymakers

Edited by MikeandDow
  • Like 1

I was saying the consulate in perth was stupid 1.5 mil baht re read what i said i dont think you comments are very helpfull to people who can not meet the needs for family

Should have told them that IF they had been to LOS themselves folk can eat OK for 100baht a day. smile.png If it wasn't for you they would not eat at all.

i am afraid i do not understand a comment like that, is this english

I was saying the consulate in perth was stupid 1.5 mil baht re read what i said i dont think you comments are very helpfull to people who can not meet the needs for family

Should have told them that IF they had been to LOS themselves folk can eat OK for 100baht a day. smile.png If it wasn't for you they would not eat at all.

Sorry, ........Should have told the Consulate folk that if THEY had ever been to Thailand, they would see that folk can eat for 100 baht a day. If it wasn't for this farang trying to get into Thailand they would not eat at all because Thailand has no social security.

• Like 1

If one requires a tourist or non-Imm visa to visit Thailand then one is a visitor -- and it really doesn't help to have the attitude otherwise.

From MFA website:
NON-IMMIGRANT VISA
2.1 The applicants must submit the following relevant documents depending on the purpose of their visit.

If one requires a tourist or non-Imm visa to visit Thailand then one is a visitor -- and it really doesn't help to have the attitude otherwise.

From MFA website:
NON-IMMIGRANT VISA
2.1 The applicants must submit the following relevant documents depending on the purpose of their visit.

yes and pray tell what are the doc's

From MFA website:
NON-IMMIGRANT VISA

yes and pray tell what are the doc's

http://www.mfa.go.th/main/en/services/123/15398-Issuance-of-Visa.html -- and if Perth tells you something different you can either tell them how stupid they are or just go someplace else.

Edited by JLCrab

I got it first time.

You should have told them that just because they eat steak, you don't need to and can manage on 40 Baht a meal.

http://www.mfa.go.th/main/en/services/123/15398-Issuance-of-Visa.html -- and if Perth tells you something different you can either tell them how stupid they are or just go someplace else.

can you do me a favor and tell them

The requirement to show evidence of a bank balance of $50,000 has been set by the Embassy in Canberra.

The reason for this is to demonstrate the ability of the applicant to financially support himself/herself and any family members for the 12 month period.

Without this information we can issue a Single Entry 90 day visa only.

Kind regards,

Reuben Kooperman.

Honorary Consul

Royal Thai Consulate

Ground Floor 28-42 Ventnor Avenue

West Perth Western Australia

From Post #253: I was saying the consulate in perth was stupid 1.5 mil baht

So I guess now the folks at the Embassy in Canberra are stupid as well.

i think so, no consistency and i think the point of this post all around the world no consistency (by the way the word consistency mean the same)

Edited by MikeandDow

Well all I can say is good luck and that the underlying message may be that the MFA wants to encourage you to get an extension of visa at Immigration when in Thailand rather than a succession of multiple entry visas at their worldwide Embassies and Consulates Honorary or otherwise.

Well all I can say is good luck and that the underlying message may be that the MFA wants to encourage you to get an extension of visa at Immigration when in Thailand rather than a succession of multiple entry visas at their worldwide Embassies and Consulates Honorary or otherwise.

That seems indeed to be the general policy.

Multiple entries are more difficult to get, as they expect people more and more to apply for an extension of stay instead of getting a multiple non-immigrant visa.

wow sensible comment ( by the way this does not apply to me have thai passport ) but i think obout the people who can not afford this with children this is NOT the right way to go for thailand, and people like me and you should help rather than give crypitc comments

• Like 1

Applies to single men over 50 to.

If your 50+ and cant scrape 800 k baht together , I think you have bigger worries than being able to stay in Thailand.

would that we alll were so lucky!

800k = US$ 25k

Less than the minimum wage in most western countries.

If u started working at 16 ( assume no need for degree ) , you have worked for 34 years

If u started on 25k and still on 25k 34 years later - sum ting Wong

Summary - need to save $735 per year .... = $61 per month.

How do u even buy a plane ticket on those budgets ?

• Like 1