All Non O Visas from Hull now need 800K Bht in the bank

Just to reassure people that, whatever is on the Hull website, you DO NOT need 800k in the bank, UK or Thai, to get a 1 year Non-O multiple entry visa from them for over 50 retirement. You just need to send last 3 mths UK bank statements showing income/receipts into that account per month of over 1400 GBP. Nor is the application sent to London for approval. I sent my application 2nd Class signed for on Wed 18/9 and have just been phoned by Hull today 20/9 to say that it has been approved. The reason they kindly phoned me back was that I phoned them yesterday because I thought I might have forgotten to state which type of visa I required. If you are in the UK and want to clarify exactly what their requirements are for any visa application I recommend you phone them on 01482 581668 before you apply. They have always been very helpful when I have needed to do this. (Thaivisa.com feel free to also post this info. on a new thread if you wish)

I am not sure that is reassurance, it simply states the monthly income requirement of the financial criteria i.e. 1,400 approx = 65,000 Baht per month.

Hull are lying to one of us - this from the home page of their website:-

News

The Royal Thai Consulate ++IMPORTANT NOTICE++

ALL NON IMMIGRANT MULTIPLE ENTRY VISA APPLICATIONS MUST NOW BE APPROVED BY THE EMBASSY IN LONDON BEFORE THIS OFFICE CAN ISSUE THEM. THIS MEANS THAT THE PROCESS OF ISSUING SUCH VISAS TAKES AT LEAST 24 HOURS FROM RECEIPT OF APPLICATION. THEREFORE IT IS NOT POSSIBLE TO ISSUE SUCH VISAS "WHILE-YOU-WAIT".

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just to reassure people that, whatever is on the Hull website, you DO NOT need 800k in the bank, UK or Thai, to get a 1 year Non-O multiple entry visa from them for over 50 retirement. You just need to send last 3 mths UK bank statements showing income/receipts into that account per month of over 1400 GBP. Nor is the application sent to London for approval. I sent my application 2nd Class signed for on Wed 18/9 and have just been phoned by Hull today 20/9 to say that it has been approved. The reason they kindly phoned me back was that I phoned them yesterday because I thought I might have forgotten to state which type of visa I required. If you are in the UK and want to clarify exactly what their requirements are for any visa application I recommend you phone them on 01482 581668 before you apply. They have always been very helpful when I have needed to do this. (Thaivisa.com feel free to also post this info. on a new thread if you wish)

I am not sure that is reassurance, it simply states the monthly income requirement of the financial criteria i.e. 1,400 approx = 65,000 Baht per month.

News

ALL NON IMMIGRANT MULTIPLE ENTRY VISA APPLICATIONS MUST NOW BE APPROVED BY THE EMBASSY IN LONDON BEFORE THIS OFFICE CAN ISSUE THEM. THIS MEANS THAT THE PROCESS OF ISSUING SUCH VISAS TAKES AT LEAST 24 HOURS FROM RECEIPT OF APPLICATION. THEREFORE IT IS NOT POSSIBLE TO ISSUE SUCH VISAS "WHILE-YOU-WAIT".

As I said: regardless of 'whatever is on the website' .

If London approved my visa then it had to be done over the phone because my application was received and approved today by Hull.

• Like 1

News

If London approved my visa then it had to be done over the phone because my application was received and approved today by Hull.

I'm sure someone said earlier in the thread that the application is scanned and sent (via email) to London for approval.

totster smile.png

Edited by Totster

News

I'm sure someone said earlier in the thread that the application is scanned and sent (via email) to London for approval.

totster smile.png

That makes sense..........No need to post it..............or phone.

3 months showing monthly income equivalent to THB65k or lump-sum
amount of THB800k.
READ THE POST PEOPLE!!! OR 65K A MONTH FOR 3 MONTHS ... THATS ONLY 1300 QUID A MONTH. SO NO YOU DONT NEED 800K AT ALL. SECONDLY THIS IS A SIMILAR AMOUNT THE UK GOVERNMENT WANT US TO EARN IF WE WANT A THAI SPOUSE TO COME OVER HERE. SO THE GOVERNMENTS VISA POLICIES ARE SIMILAR.
REMEMBER NOR 800K. JUST 1300 UK POUNDS FOR 3 MONTHS. EASY PEASY

the amount is pension or wages adding up to £1300..

no property income or any other income is allowed..

i earn £2500 a month was rejected..£1000 was pension..£1500 other income from property rental and self employed...

i have £10000 uk pounds in the bank...they did not take that in to consideration..

Just to reassure people that, whatever is on the Hull website, you DO NOT need 800k in the bank, UK or Thai, to get a 1 year Non-O multiple entry visa from them for over 50 retirement. You just need to send last 3 mths UK bank statements showing income/receipts into that account per month of over 1400 GBP...

Do they care at all about payslips? ie if someone happened to have an offshore account and ensured that 3 transfers for £1400 occurred each month for the 3 months prior to application, would that be sufficient?

If so you could just transfer 1400 back and forth perhaps..

Edited by rwdrwdrwd

amount of THB800k.
READ THE POST PEOPLE!!! OR 65K A MONTH FOR 3 MONTHS ... THATS ONLY 1300 QUID A MONTH. SO NO YOU DONT NEED 800K AT ALL. SECONDLY THIS IS A SIMILAR AMOUNT THE UK GOVERNMENT WANT US TO EARN IF WE WANT A THAI SPOUSE TO COME OVER HERE. SO THE GOVERNMENTS VISA POLICIES ARE SIMILAR.

i earn £2500 a month was rejected..£1000 was pension..£1500 other income from property rental and self employed...

i have £10000 uk pounds in the bank...they did not take that in to consideration..

Im shocked to read this as my income, approved today (see above), was all bits and pieces, and 100% rental income. I even put my 'employment status' on the application form as semi-retired landlord. and in 'supporting evidence' I wrote 'last 3mths bank statements attached' and in brackets 'Income from rents'. Some was Housing benefit, some were different tenants paying in rents and rent top-ups, all this interspersed with transfers in from another interest earning account I have with another bank. Even if they thought the council HB payments were pension payments, they were nowhere near enough to cover the 1400 per month required! Mai Kao Jai!

Just to reassure people that, whatever is on the Hull website, you DO NOT need 800k in the bank, UK or Thai, to get a 1 year Non-O multiple entry visa from them for over 50 retirement. You just need to send last 3 mths UK bank statements showing income/receipts into that account per month of over 1400 GBP...

Do they care at all about payslips? ie if someone happened to have an offshore account and ensured that 3 transfers for £1400 occurred each month for the 3 months prior to application, would that be sufficient?

Maybe, maybe not..........See my reply to Hotrod4098

amount of THB800k.

Im shocked to read this as my income, approved today (see above), was all bits and pieces, and 100% rental income. I even put my 'employment status' on the application form as semi-retired landlord. and in 'supporting evidence' I wrote 'last 3mths bank statements attached' and in brackets 'Income from rents'. Some was Housing benefit, some were different tenants paying in rents and rent top-ups, all this interspersed with transfers in from another interest earning account I have with another bank. Even if they thought the council HB payments were pension payments, they were nowhere near enough to cover the 1400 per month required! Mai Kao Jai!

amount of THB800k.

amount of THB800k.

They want to see the money being received into the bank every month. Unless you can contrive a statement description of "salary" or "pension" then they may be smart enough to see that the money was simply a transfer from your own account.

Unfortunately, they are placing the burden of "evidence" on people who do not understand what to look for. My rental income was previously accepted without question - and so it should be. They would not be interested in looking at source documents like tax returns, salary/pension statements, payslips, rental agreements as they would not understand them and have simply been given black and white instructions to look at bank statements (with addresses on - what is the point of that, it rules out most online bank statements, this is income verification not Money Laundering Rules).

The requirement is to evidence income (or bank balance) but if "they" are going to disregard bona-fide income because "they" don't accept it then there will be obstacles. Ironically, it is actually easier (in terms of the visa extension process) to get the British Embassy staff to accept income streams and issue the Income Verification letter which Thai immigration accept 100% at face value (I accept they have the right to ask for supporting info but they wouldn't understand it either!).

• Like 2

Something don't fully understand, reading and re-reading to rule change of 16 and 18 September 2013... HULL WEBSITE

Appears new ? over 60 receiving a state pension any amount you can now get a 1 year Non '0' [not married to a Thai]

From what I always read before you had to have 65,000 per month, or savings + pension = 65,000 per month or more... [ a Immigration Extension]

is this right ? have never been to Hull, but maybe worth thinking about if this is true, or did not miss understand.

myself will still keep my savings in case of different changes before I get my state pension in 2 years.

Edited by ignis

Something don't fully understand, reading and re-reading to rule change of 16 and 18 September 2013... HULL WEBSITE

Appears new ? over 60 receiving a state pension any amount you can now get a 1 year Non '0' [not married to a Thai]

From what I always read before you had to have 65,000 per month, or savings + pension = 65,000 per month or more...

is this right ? have never been to Hull, but maybe worth thinking about if this is true, or did not miss understand.

myself will still keep my savings in case of different changes before I get my state pension in 2 years.

It is actually over 65 years of age and there is no minimum requirement. Evidence is receipt of 3 months state pension payments through a bank account.

i have posted before about a friend who's state pension is less than 25,000 baht per month. He got his visa.

Inconsistent - or what ?

If you are under the retirement age , then you will not be receiving a government pension. Therefore, the 1400 a month coming into your account would presumably be expected to come from earnings......i.e. you have a job .

It seems a strange requirement that you need to prove income from employment when you are applying for a multi 'O' to go and live with your spouse in Thailand for a year , in which case you will no longer be working ?

As for your wife having to take your name and her breaking Thai law if she hasn't....absolute tosh.

• Like 2

It seems a strange requirement that you need to prove income from employment when you are applying for a multi 'O' to go and live with your spouse in Thailand for a year , in which case you will no longer be working ?

That seems to be the point....

totster :)

• Like 1

That seems to be the point....

totster :)

Visa based upon marriage is to live with your wife and family which is not the same as one for retirement. You can get a work permit and work here with one for marriage. Edited by ubonjoe

They want to see the money being received into the bank every month. Unless you can contrive a statement description of "salary" or "pension" then they may be smart enough to see that the money was simply a transfer from your own account.

Unfortunately, they are placing the burden of "evidence" on people who do not understand what to look for. My rental income was previously accepted without question - and so it should be. They would not be interested in looking at source documents like tax returns, salary/pension statements, payslips, rental agreements as they would not understand them and have simply been given black and white instructions to look at bank statements (with addresses on - what is the point of that, it rules out most online bank statements, this is income verification not Money Laundering Rules).

The requirement is to evidence income (or bank balance) but if "they" are going to disregard bona-fide income because "they" don't accept it then there will be obstacles. Ironically, it is actually easier (in terms of the visa extension process) to get the British Embassy staff to accept income streams and issue the Income Verification letter which Thai immigration accept 100% at face value (I accept they have the right to ask for supporting info but they wouldn't understand it either!).

My accepted banks statements were downloaded and marked 'Duplicates'. I do not receive paper statements.

amount of THB800k.

Sorry you are having problems posting Hotrod4098............We've all been there........................If you post a fresh reply then we will no who you are replying to......... Edited by lopburi3
Correct quote

My accepted banks statements were downloaded and marked 'Duplicates'. I do not receive paper statements.

Me too, but an earlier post referred to the insistence by embassy staff that the address had to appear on the statement - I simply pass that on.

If you are under the retirement age , then you will not be receiving a government pension. Therefore, the 1400 a month coming into your account would presumably be expected to come from earnings......i.e. you have a job .

As for your wife having to take your name and her breaking Thai law if she hasn't....absolute tosh.

You don't have to evidence income, you can evidence capital.

For my first visa, at age 52, I was not employed but could evidence private pension, rental income, investment income and dividends.

There are many in the 50 - 65 age bracket that have sufficient income to meet the visa/extension requirements.

seems if you are in thailand under 65.. and you dont have the cash or are not married to a thai..is ED VISA..OR TOURIST VISA...

Or come in one an visa exempt stamp and do a visa run every 15 or 30 days, or if you have children here get a 60 day extension one time before doing a visa run and repeat.

Actually trying to live here as a young expat with kids is a bit tricky now for me, especially as I never travel back to the UK to get another 6 month tourist Visa every 9 months.

seems if you are in thailand under 65.. and you dont have the cash or are not married to a thai..is ED VISA..OR TOURIST VISA...

Or come in one an visa exempt stamp and do a visa run every 15 or 30 days, or if you have children here get a 60 day extension one time before doing a visa run and repeat.

Actually trying to live here as a young expat with kids is a bit tricky now for me, especially as I never travel back to the UK to get another 6 month tourist Visa every 9 months.

If you have Thai children and not married there is a way to get extensions of stay. You would first have to get your parenthood legitimized by a Thai court and their mother give you custody.

You can also get a single entry non-o visa with just their birth certificates at most nearby locations. Then get a 60 day extension to visit them giving you about 5 months total with no border run.

Ah ok thanks Ill go for the marriage extension then as it just ties up 400k in an account.

If I go for the marriage extension do i need the POLICE report from the UK??

Police reports are required for something but I can't remember what and too lazy to go look it up. One of the long stay visas & work permit maybe.

I do know it's NOT required for a marriage extension though...

------------------------

An O-A visa for retirement can be obtained for those that want them in their home country.

That's the visa that requires a

• Police records check in your home country
  • A doctors examination or health certificate in your home county.

That is different from the Non O visa which is what is the topic here.

An O-A is a true retirement visa given in your home country and has the advantage of getting you a one year stay on entry to Thailand and then a second year extension after that first year.

But an O-A costs more and needs those two checks I mentioned above.

In the U.S, I believe that the Thai embassy in Washington D.C, issues all O-A retirement visas.

The Non immigrant O visa that is the topic here is issued by honorary consulates .... at least it used to be ..... if that isn't yet changed in the U,S, also.

We Yanks MAY be facing the same change ..... but we don't know yet if that's going to br the case or not for certain.

The following link is to the Thai Embassy website in London and there is no mention, for single entry to visit Thai spouse, of the requirement for 800,000 baht is says 20,000 baht/person or 40,000 baht/family. http://thaiembassyuk.org.uk/?q=node/49

The 800,000/65,000 baht is for a 1 year multiple entry application, etc.

Hull appears to be running their own show with different ideas! I have also checked with a friend of mine who has worked in the Thai Embassy for over 25 years and she has told me that there have been no changes.

Edited by Anon999
  • Like 1

The following link is to the Thai Embassy website in London and there is no mention, for single entry to visit Thai spouse, of the requirement for 800,000 baht is says 20,000 baht/person or 40,000 baht/family. http://thaiembassyuk.org.uk/?q=node/49

The 800,000/65,000 baht is for a 1 year multiple entry application, etc.

Hull appears to be running their own show with different ideas! I have also checked with a friend of mine who has worked in the Thai Embassy for over 25 years and she has told me that there have been no changes.

A more careful examination of that web site would have revealed the following !

"Category "O" with multiple entries

Pension earners or Applicants over 50 years of age, following document is required;
- Pension statement if the applicant is a pension earner, or
- Proof of income with a minimum of £1,400.00 per month or
- Thai Spouse visa with a copy of marriage certificate and passport or Thai ID of spouse and (3 months bank statement showing monthly income of more than
£1,400.00 or £16,500 anuually for those who have been issue category O with multiple entries)"