All Non O Visas from Hull now need 800K Bht in the bank

Well all I can say is good luck and that the underlying message may be that the MFA wants to encourage you to get an extension of visa at Immigration when in Thailand rather than a succession of multiple entry visas at their worldwide Embassies and Consulates Honorary or otherwise.

That seems indeed to be the general policy.

Multiple entries are more difficult to get, as they expect people more and more to apply for an extension of stay instead of getting a multiple non-immigrant visa.

agree mate but there are some people who are working say 6 weeks on 6 weeks off the people who can not stay and get the extension who have tried to make a life here but i understand can not cover every situation i would like to see it done case by case as everone is diffrent forget about the tourist but the long term need to be sorted out

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It may be an extreme measure but you may consider this from Police Order 777/2551:

5. In the case where an alien applicant does not meet the full qualifications stipulated by the criteria herein or in other cases not specified in this Order but a competent officer equivalent to or higher than inspector is of the opinion that the alien has legitimate reason for staying in the Kingdom of Thailand, the application shall be forwarded to the Commander of the Royal Thai Police Bureau or an authorized competent officer for further consideration of the alien’s application.

#Last friday rang Hull, they confirmed multi entry non O must have financial paperwork included. Asked about single entry O, no problem the lady said.

#Monday duly sent my passport and supporting paperwork off by registered mail.

#Tuesday and wednesday Hull non O visa stuff is all over the internet, consulate websites also stating single non O must show 800k funds.

#Today (thursday) i finally get through on the phone, ask the lady, who confirms i will NOT be getting a single non O due to no financial paperwork. I say ok give me a double entry tourist visa, i will sort the non O out in Thailand next week. She says, fine and i will call you back this afternoon to confirm.

#Thirty minutes later, the postie rings the doorbell, sign for registered envelope, - inside is my passport WITH a single entry non O visa !!

# <deleted> !

#Last friday rang Hull, they confirmed multi entry non O must have financial paperwork included. Asked about single entry O, no problem the lady said.

#Tuesday and wednesday Hull non O visa stuff is all over the internet, consulate websites also stating single non O must show 800k funds.

#Today (thursday) i finally get through on the phone, ask the lady, who confirms i will NOT be getting a single non O due to no financial paperwork. I say ok give me a double entry tourist visa, i will sort the non O out in Thailand next week. She says, fine and i will call you back this afternoon to confirm.

#Thirty minutes later, the postie rings the doorbell, sign for registered envelope, - inside is my passport WITH a single entry non O visa !!

# W

assuming you are out of thailand as it would not be legal as visa requires entry stamp

Edited by MikeandDow

Not sure I can explain, but maybe it is to get people to have larger sums of money in Thai Banks ?

The people that I know both Single and married opt for the Non '0' because they do not want the money in a Thai Bank earning very little..

So now you can get an extension at Immigration if Married to a Thai, with 400,000 baht in a Thai Bank for 3 months, or go to UK and have to show 800,000 + to crown it all this cannot be in a high interest account or offshore account anymore but in a normal account... looks simple they want the money or lots and lot of peoples money in a Thai Bank account..

Mostly the people I know get the Non '0' because they travel and have there money earning high interest

# <deleted> !

can you explain how this is legal you have a non o single entry but without entry stamp

Easy !

thaiguzzi is in the UK and has received a new (as yet unused) single entry visa !coffee1.gif

# <deleted> !

can you explain how this is legal you have a non o single entry but without entry stamp

Easy !

thaiguzzi is in the UK and has received a new (as yet unused) single entry visa !coffee1.gif

ok mate easy iam already in thailand

Applies to single men over 50 to.

If your 50+ and cant scrape 800 k baht together , I think you have bigger worries than being able to stay in Thailand.

Yeah! You're absolutely correct. Unless you are fortunate to be Nowegian or Russian, if you can't scrape 800K baht together, then you do have bigger problems that being able to stay in Thailand.

Unfortunately, for many "farangs", the gods have not been as generous to them, as they (the gods) have been to others. Many expats are here, simply because the annual rise in the cost of living index @ home has outpaced their ability to provide a decent standard of living for themselves. Thus, Thailand is available.

The real tragedy is that there is so little solidarity among "farangs", who spend considable beer time & effort playing the pretentious game of "one upmanship" with each other. The American expats, of course, take the blue ribbon prize, in the fragmentation and "lack of solidarity" department. So, its no small wonder that the Russians keep to themselves, and maintain considerable distance.

So, if you can afford to help out another expat from your home country, then simply do so, with the help of a Thai lawyer. I have seen far too many expats who will risk losing millions of baht, over the "whining & crying" sob stories of Nana Plaza / Pattaya Beach bargirls, but wouldn't spend 100 baht to buy a destitute expat a meal & shower for the day. That is truly tragic, and indicative of why the western world is losing its grip.

There are no starving Asians, either in Asia or the Western world. Hmm! I wonder why not? Guess you need to be a rocket scientist to figure that out, eh?

So what would the advantage be if you are Norwegian or Russian?

Not sure I can explain, but maybe it is to get people to have larger sums of money in Thai Banks ?

The people that I know both Single and married opt for the Non '0' because they do not want the money in a Thai Bank earning very little..

So now you can get an extension at Immigration if Married to a Thai, with 400,000 baht in a Thai Bank for 3 months, or go to UK and have to show 800,000 + to crown it all this cannot be in a high interest account or offshore account anymore but in a normal account... looks simple they want the money or lots and lot of peoples money in a Thai Bank account..

Mostly the people I know get the Non '0' because they travel and have there money earning high interest

As those visas discussed here, is based on support of Thai wife/children, do you really think the Thai government is asking to much by requiring the applicant to have 400k in a Thai bankaccount or a monthly income of 40k?? Because that it all that is needed for a yearly extension within Thailand. After all the meaning with this extension based on marriage, is to make it easy for the family to stay together in Thailand!

If people think, that the governments requirements are unfair, why not move the family to the homecountry?

As for the high interest earned overseas, the difference between the low interest Thai savings account and the high interest, that can be had somewhere else, is about 15k THB/yearly on the 400k. Not a lot really!

The ones that should be complaining are the single retirees, who need to show 800k for a single person, whereas the farang/Thai family of 4 only need to show half of that!

Had email from hull last night,£20000 in my Lloyds e-savers account ,was not good enough, for multientry O visa (I am over 50), I have had this money in this account for the last 5 years and have had a O visa for the last 5 years,I have had to transfer money into my current account .....now, not sure if I will get visa as they may say it has to have been in account 3 months ....<deleted>...

Hi

I am sorry to hear you may have difficulty but am grateful for you posting.

I will be in a very similar position(more than sufficient money in an esaver account) but at least have time on my hands, won`t need another multi O until next year.

I can understand your frustration, it should really make no difference whether the money is in an instant access esaver account or a current account.

Good Luck

To both Flyinghigh and SEAsia:

I too am over 50 and will need a multi-entry "O" at some stage.

I managed to speak to Hull today and they confirmed that for the "Lump Sum" method, the 800,000 Baht DOES have to be in the current account for 3 months and they require statements with your name and address for each of the 3 months.

Likewise, if you choose to go the income route, you need to show an income of 65,000 Baht per month for each of the last 3 months. Once again, they require statements with your name and address for each of the 3 months.

VBF

Edited by VBF
  • Like 1

As those visas discussed here, is based on support of Thai wife/children, do you really think the Thai government is asking to much by requiring the applicant to have 400k in a Thai bankaccount or a monthly income of 40k?? Because that it all that is needed for a yearly extension within Thailand. After all the meaning with this extension based on marriage, is to make it easy for the family to stay together in Thailand!

If people think, that the governments requirements are unfair, why not move the family to the homecountry?

As for the high interest earned overseas, the difference between the low interest Thai savings account and the high interest, that can be had somewhere else, is about 15k THB/yearly on the 400k. Not a lot really!

The ones that should be complaining are the single retirees, who need to show 800k for a single person, whereas the farang/Thai family of 4 only need to show half of that!

No, the topic of this thread is the fact that anyone that wants a Non O marriage based visa from Hull consulate, now needs to provide evidence of 800k in a current account or 65K monthly income.

Extensions of stay are a different entity...

No, the topic of this thread is the fact that anyone that wants a Non O marriage based visa from Hull consulate, now needs to provide evidence of 800k in a current account or 65K monthly income.

Fully aware of the diffence between a visa and an extension, but as I have said a few times on this thread already (post#151), no need to get a visa from your homecountry, fly in on a visa extempt and do your conversion in Thailand. Requirements still 400k/40k!thumbsup.gif

Fully aware of the diffence between a visa and an extension, but as I have said a few times on this thread already (post#151), no need to get a visa from your homecountry, fly in on a visa extempt and do your conversion in Thailand. Requirements still 400k/40k!25x19xthumbsup.gif.pagespeed.ic.ysn6H7pB width=25 alt=thumbsup.gif>

Hull has been known for many years as being "friendly" clearly that is no longer the case.

Those that are now complaining about the toughening of requirement for multi entry visas are probably those who can not meet the minimal financial requirements for an extension of stay .

Some people, myself included find an extension of stay more prohibitive than a multiple entry. Travelling in and out a lot, makes more sense to have multi entry. Having said that, now that I know a multi re-entry on an extension exists, that will be my preferred route.

I will struggle to meet the 800k requirement for a U.K issued or even the 400k for an extension, as most of my money is tied up in property and other things. Should be able to have 40k go into my bank every month for 3 months though smile.png

Edited by cornishcarlos
  • Like 1

Even better - you only need the 400k for 3 months so the cost of loss of interest could be a quarter of what you quoted.

Monthly finances required for extension to stay (excluding "money in the bank" )

Marriage 40,000 /month = £833(approx) = £10,000 pa

Retirement = 65,000/month = £ 1,354(approx) = £16,250 pa

Average UK income = £ 26000 pa

Edit

Improve clarity.

Edited by Sceptict11

Cost of extension to stay

Marriage 40000 /month = £833(approx) = £10000 pa

Retirement = 650000/month = £ 1354(approx) = £16250 pa

I don't work in the U.K so that average has no bearing on me.

I also don't work full time, just short temp contracts.

Nothing consistant, so monthly income would have to be manipulated. Am I then playing the system just to be with my wife ?? If I was allowed to take my wifes earnings into account then no worries, but we are not :)

If it was a standard rule it would be easier to accept but the fact that different consulates and different countries have such varying requirements, makes it a bit annoying and frustrating.

Cost of extension to stay

Marriage 40000 /month = £833(approx) = £10000 pa

Retirement = 650000/month = £ 1354(approx) = £16250 pa

I don't work in the U.K so that average has no bearing on me.

I also don't work full time, just short temp contracts.

Nothing consistant, so monthly income would have to be manipulated. Am I then playing the system just to be with my wife ?? If I was allowed to take my wifes earnings into account then no worries, but we are not smile.png

If it was a standard rule it would be easier to accept but the fact that different consulates and different countries have such varying requirements, makes it a bit annoying and frustrating.

If relying on monthly income for an extension of stay it is up to your Embassy what they will accept as "proof" of income to enable a letter to be written.

Some Embassies will permit a sworn statement of income (no proof required) to issue a letter.

Be aware however that the immigration authorities can demand proof of income.

Edit

Spelling !

Edited by Sceptict11

Had email from hull last night,£20000 in my Lloyds e-savers account ,was not good enough, for multientry O visa (I am over 50), I have had this money in this account for the last 5 years and have had a O visa for the last 5 years,I have had to transfer money into my current account .....now, not sure if I will get visa as they may say it has to have been in account 3 months ....<deleted>...

Do you have income as well ?

Yes at the moment I am working in the UK ....have been since may.if I had known about all this I would have transferred the money 3 months ago......still waiting from hull....

As those visas discussed here, is based on support of Thai wife/children...

No, the non-immigrant visas discussed here are not based on support of Thai wife or Thai children.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Everyone who enters Thailand with a visa is a visitor. And while I sympathize with anyone's desire to stay in Thailand, saying that any visa regulation that is not tailored to your specific needs is stupid really doesn't help resolve the matter.

I was saying the consulate in perth was stupid 1.5 mil baht re read what i said i dont think you comments are very helpfull to people who can not meet the needs for family

Should have told them that IF they had been to LOS themselves folk can eat OK for 100baht a day. smile.png If it wasn't for you they would not eat at all.

i am afraid i do not understand a comment like that, is this english

Sorry, ........Should have told the Consulate folk that if THEY had ever been to Thailand, they would see that folk can eat for 100 baht a day. If it wasn't for this farang trying to get into Thailand they would not eat at all because Thailand has no social security.

Oh really, no social security...you might want to Google all your factual statements before exposing your ignorance to the world.

Your farang tourists and expats keep the Thai economy afloat attitude is also so wrong as well.

• Like 1

I know I did not explain it well...... the Non '0' from a Embassy, money if wanted to be shown could be from anywhere in the world..... an Extension at Immigration could only be money in a Thai Bank......... and not any Bank account, my 1st extension, the money here in a high interest investment account was not accepted, a fixed rate account was OK in a Thai Bank, but the interest rate was 1/4 of what I was getting in an investment account.... I also have a cheque account in a Thai Bank, also not accepted at Immigration.

Hull and appears others now want to see proof of money and in a normal low interest savings account... so the option of having money earning as much interest as possible as gone..... little point now in getting a Non '0'

There are others that simply do not want to have an account here with 400 or 800,000 baht in.. [using a joint account here now is also not accepted]

I know I did not explain it well...... the Non '0' from a Embassy, money if wanted to be shown could be from anywhere in the world..... an Extension at Immigration could only be money in a Thai Bank......... and not any Bank account, my 1st extension, the money here in a high interest investment account was not accepted, a fixed rate account was OK in a Thai Bank, but the interest rate was 1/4 of what I was getting in an investment account.... I also have a cheque account in a Thai Bank, also not accepted at Immigration.

Hull and appears others now want to see proof of money and in a normal low interest savings account... so the option of having money earning as much interest as possible as gone..... little point now in getting a Non '0'

There are others that simply do not want to have an account here with 400 or 800,000 baht in.. [using a joint account here now is also not accepted]

"There are others that simply do not want to have an account here with 400 or 800.000 baht in."

In other words they do not want a visa??whistling.gif

I'm very lucky that this doesn't affect me at all, but I have got a huge amount of sympathy for those of you it does.

It must be very worrying, to say the least.

Has anybody been able to get any sort of proper explanation (i.e not speculation from a friend) of what is going on from Hull/elsewhere, or if the policy is going to be applied elsewhere?

"There are others that simply do not want to have an account here with 400 or 800.000 baht in."

In other words they do not want a visa??19x18xwhistling.gif.pagespeed.ic.YFbFEjG

You missed off the last bit....... [using a joint account here now is also not accepted]

I am not married to a Thai so have no idea how difficult it is to close or take the above sum out of a joint account and put money into your own name only account [only this is accepted by Immigration] some have had joint accounts for many years

Takes me back 50 years my grandfather and grandmother had there own money, own accounts, all things to do with money were kept locked in different drawers.. big secret

Sure can see the logic, he cannot say wife left and cleared the account, he will not be a burden to Thailand etc.

Edited by ignis

Just to reassure people that, whatever is on the Hull website, you DO NOT need 800k in the bank, UK or Thai, to get a 1 year Non-O multiple entry visa from them for over 50 retirement. You just need to send last 3 mths UK bank statements showing income/receipts into that account per month of over 1400 GBP. Nor is the application sent to London for approval. I sent my application 2nd Class signed for on Wed 18/9 and have just been phoned by Hull today 20/9 to say that it has been approved. The reason they kindly phoned me back was that I phoned them yesterday because I thought I might have forgotten to state which type of visa I required. If you are in the UK and want to clarify exactly what their requirements are for any visa application I recommend you phone them on 01482 581668 before you apply. They have always been very helpful when I have needed to do this. (Thaivisa.com feel free to also post this info. on a new thread if you wish)