Should Thais be treated the same as us?

weegee

Firstly I have got a real dose after reading the latest from Phuket about 2 foreigners being arrested for have a hobby on their own (wifes maybe) land...if that's the full story

This is bordering on out of control, as the Nazis did to the Jews.

So my question is....Why doesn't our home countries start to treat Thais as they treat normal Falangs in Thailand....

No work, no hobbies, no rights to live a normal life, no land , no house....on it goes...

After reading this latest news clip....I am ready for anyone...so be prepared...

• Like 1

Now you know why Thai's like to dress up like Nazis. It suits their style when it comes to how to treat people from other countries.

cheesy.gif

" people from other countries" living in Thailand and bashing the Thais...

Where does all this fit in???

You could say "oil and water don't mix"

Edited by ravip

" normal Falangs in Thailand...."

Please, could you be more specific?

How would you define "normal" in this context?

People (falangs) who came here to lead a quiet life and normal life. To be left alone to either help, or not help....If they do something that's not interfering with Thai culture, WHY NOT....and don't start the bullshit about taking a job from a Thai.....They have taken many jobs around the world, which we all allow,,,but hat seems to be forgotten here in Thailand.

• Like 1

There were hoards of people who couldn't speak a work of English waving British passports and going straight through.

Good gawd man where were you, sounds as if you had landed at the Hadj terminal at Bradford.

Two assumptive posts intimating that

A - You know the ethnic background of the immigration officer (which was not indicated in any way by the person who posted about the situation)

B - That it is in somehow relevant to the scenario.

It's offensive and bigoted and you need calling out on it. Projecting your own racist views onto someone else's experience with the intimation that race is in any way relevant is offensive, bigoted and illogical.

Edited by rwdrwdrwd
  • Like 1

ps: just saw the picture of the robyngihas, and feel really sicksick.gif

I felt a bit sick a few months later when the Thai navy was invited to join the global team tackling pirates off Africa.

I asked a few people who brought it up proudly if they were the same ships and men that towed 1000 men, women and children out to the ocean and set them adrift to die suffering only a few months previously.

It didn't make me many friends in that circuit.

Edited by pilm

ps: just saw the picture of the robyngihas, and feel really sicksick.gif

I felt a bit sick a few months later when the Thai navy was invited to join the global team tackling pirates off Africa.

I asked a few people who brought it up proudly if they were the same ships and men that towed 1000 men, women and children out to the ocean and set them adrift to die suffering only a few months previously.

It didn't make me many friends in that circuit.

sometimes i really wonder what kind of feelings other people, foreigner and thai, get when they look at this picture....

the silence is hurting more.

I think waterboarding, sleep and sensory deprevation, white noise, drone attacks in the middle of the night and getting mauled by attack dogs is much more humane

Burmese/Rohingya? You don't have to go that far if you want to feel crook. Read up about Tak Bai, there should be video footage still kicking around too.

Fact is this sort of thing is going on all over the world.

Know one knows what to do about Syria yet, the Rohingya are way down on the list.

We are being lead from the top though. Keep that in mind. What was Hilary really doing in Burma?

There is alot of unfairness in this world.

Belive me, if I could do something about it, I would. But I can't.

So forgive me if I just want to be left alone.

well i wonder if building a motorcycle or restoring a car as a hobby will lead to arrest?

maybe the Thais can't understand that Farangs can afford to build a boat as a hobby and that it is not a business. Or can't understand that people enjoy working on their hobby. The boat in the photo was out in the open for all to see.

It will be interesting to hear about follow up to this story. Did the men sell other boats they assembled? Or was this the first one?

• Like 1

razorramone

I suggest you do some research before making untrue rash statements,implying that the UK has more stringent Immigration laws than Thailand!

So please state where you believe Thai Immigration laws and entry conditions are more lenient than UK Laws???

I want a 29 day holiday in Thailand from the uk

My sister-in law wants a 29 day holiday from Thailand to the Uk

Guess...