PM Yingluck to visit Prachin Buri, Si Sa Ket

webfact

FLOODS
PM to visit Prachin Buri, Si Sa Ket

The Nation

BANGKOK: -- Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra on September 29 will go to Prachin Buri by helicopter, to observe the flood situation in the province.

Flooding in Prachin Buri has remained critical. The State Railway of Thailand on Thursday cancelled the train service between Bangkok and Prachin Buri, due to higher flood level in Prachin Buri.

In a statement, the SRT said that the higher water level has disrupted the telecommunications system. It puts in place the 24-hour monitoring system.

According to Chatchai Promlert, director general of the Disaster Prevention and Mitigation Department, Yingluck will then head to Si Sa Ket.

On September 28, she is scheduled to be in Pathum Thani, where 360 boats will be dispatched to flooded areas across the country. The boats will serve flood victims.

Though the number of flood-affected provinces has declined, the National Disaster Warning Centre on Thursday warned that water level in Ayutthaya and Prachin Buri tends to rise further. While water level of some districts in Uthai Thani and Si Sa Ket will rise, that in other provinces is expected to recede. Water level in Ubon Ratchathani tends to recede.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2013-09-27

Gotta be a hard pill to swallow going up there after saying "don't worry" earlier this week.

"Ladies and gentlemen, we've arrived at Prachin Buri's Airport where the time is 8:00 am, and the water temperature is a comfortable 82 degrees. Thank you for flying with Another Disaster Airways and if Prachin Buri is your final destination, then it sucks to be you. For those continuing on to Si Sa Ket, your car is waiting at the floating dock, and we wish you a pleasant, dry onward journey; but expect to see you on board with us again in the very near future. Please don't forget your carry on luggage and be careful disembarking into the boat. Once again, thank you for flying with us today."

I can't wait to see the pics in 'Oho' magazine. I follow the latest fashion closely and can't wait to see what she'll be wearing.

Why is she going to Prachin Buri and Si Sa Ket, anyway?

The other paper told they ar under 4 meters of water.

The Director of the Royal Irrigation Dept has probably spoiled her day as the midday news quoted him as saying there is likely to be more bad weather for the next 2 days and the flooding will probably get worse.

Luckily she will have no problems facing the people she told not to worry that there will be no flooding and now she has to visit them because they're up to their whatsits in it.

• Like 1

I can't wait to see the pics in 'Oho' magazine. I follow the latest fashion closely and can't wait to see what she'll be wearing.

Why is she going to Prachin Buri and Si Sa Ket, anyway?

i told her she couldn't visit me because i am having my period.

Edited by Thai foon

Will she get out of the Helicopter or just do a fly past?

regards Worgeordie

Ah C'mon.... surely she will drop a couple of hundred waterproof plastic relief bags into the water to help the ones who have nothing to drink or eat at this moment ... and hey! they may even have the new TAT cat logo on them .....