Visa Run Report- Savanakhet Sept. 19-26, 2013

The Kor Ror 2 problem is from people confusing extensions of stay and visa requirements.

I suggest writing multiple next to where you check non immigrant. Most application forms have a space for number of entries but Savannakhets doesn't.

• Like 1

Thanks for the suggestion, will add multiple to the application next time. Again tho' it didn't seemed that the officer in charge that day was concerned with looking at what you were putting on the application at all. In any event, the clear warning sign that things are going the wrong direction as far as getting a 1 year multiple is if you are asked for only 2000 baht. As we know that is the fee for the 3 month single entry visa. I've learned that I'd better volunteer the 5000 no matter how much I'd like to get a 1 year multi for 2000 and request that the 5,000 go towards the 1 year multiple.

Thanks, great report. In regard to documents, does anyone know if the original tabien baan and wifes id card are required? I have only copies of both. I have the original marriage certificate.

Sent from my LT15i using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Signed copies will do. Your wife is not suppose to give her your ID-card, she needs it her self.

• 3 weeks later...

Guys, I have a question. I got my Non O 1 year multiple entry from Savan Vegas via the Thai consulate back in May. Excellent service! I did my 90 day border run back in August at Savanakhet and am wondering if I have to do my 90 day border run every time, or can I just go to immigration to get the stamp? Has anyone else been doing border runs with their Non-O from Savan Vegas? Please let me know. Thanks :-)

A multiple entry visa only permits a maximum stay of 90 days per entry . You must at or before the 90 day period ends exit Thailand. Re- entering Thailand will provide another 90 day stay whilst the visa is valid.

There is no option of "going to immigration" to get a stamp !

Edited by thaiexpat21

Guys, I have a question. I got my Non O 1 year multiple entry from Savan Vegas via the Thai consulate back in May. Excellent service! I did my 90 day border run back in August at Savanakhet and am wondering if I have to do my 90 day border run every time, or can I just go to immigration to get the stamp? Has anyone else been doing border runs with their Non-O from Savan Vegas? Please let me know. Thanks :-)

For first thing you did not get your visa from Savan Vegas it was issued by the the Thai consulate.

You need to do border runs every 90 days since your visa only allows you to stay for 90 days each time you enter.

The only way you can avoid border runs is to get a one year extension of stay at immigration based upon marriage. Just show 400K baht in the bank for 60 days or prove income of 40K baht.

Hello smile.png to all ThaiVisa Members,
thanks for sharing the Infos.

I get my VISUM -O- Mulit last week.
this I have give the Thai Officer:
1. Original and photocopy of mine passport x 2
2. Photocopy front and back of wife's Thai ID with signatur frommy Wife x 2
3. Copy and original of marriage certificate Kor Sor 3, I believe.with signatur frommy Wife x 2
4. Copy and orginal of house book, Tabien Baan I believe it's called.with signatur frommy Wife x 2
5. Two photos of applicant with application completed.
6. 5,000 baht

wai.gif He dont have my aks for a Bank Account!

I take the Goverment Bus 999 from BKK / Mochit Bus Station to Mukdahan pric 533Bath First Class 32Seats driving in the Night.
In the morning to Mukdahan Bus Station to Savannakeht ( I pay 30 USA Dollar for the Visum go inside Loas).
The Thais Embasy open 9:00 a clock in the morning.

A good Guesthous found I over the Net.
http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g811038-d4555571-r177096822-Souannavong_Guesthouse-Savannakhet_Savannakhet_Province.html

The Souannavong Guesthouse is nice and clean I pay 400 Bath for on night.
https://www.facebook.com/Souannavong

http://souannavonguesthouse.wordpress.com/room/queen-bed-aircondition/

• Like 1

A few of us former Hull enthusiasts will be following in your footsteps in coming months. Fingers crossed the Laotians don't upset anyone (like clearly Alan Taylor's mob must have done).

Good to have these reports. Keep em coming.

• 2 weeks later...

Options for 1 year visa married to Thai.

I do not want to hold any funds in Thai banks apart from living expenses.

Can a marriage visa / retirement that I have had previously be pbtained with funds in Australian Bank please?

Is there anywhere else in Asia requiring less than 400k in Thai Account,

KL was good with evidence of only 100k and funds in Australia were accepted on more tha one occasion but from reports here KL cannot be guaranteed?

Any advice appreciated,maybe in UK and seems Birmingham / Cardiff better bet than Hull now or Perth /Brisbane.

In terms of combining with a reasonable price holiday my preference would be Sri Lanka Hong Kong or Macau but seems no recent reports from these plces for 1 year visa to visit wife.

I am talking about Savannakhet not needing to be shown funds in Thailand or the other country he mentioned (100k in Australia by KL). I did not say anything about any Consulate in Oz requirements.

ok mate, to me it reads as you are including Aus no big deal

• 3 months later...

One question and an assumption:

Do I need to be listed in the housebook (tabien baan) or is the housebook with my wife listed in it sufficient?

I assume that our marriage certificate from the USA is OK and that I don't need a Thai marriage certificate.

Thanks in advance for all replies. cowboy.gif

Do I need to be listed in the housebook (tabien baan) or is the housebook with my wife listed in it sufficient?

I assume that our marriage certificate from the USA is OK and that I don't need a Thai marriage certificate.

You cannot be listed in your wife's house book. Only your wife's entry is needed.

Your US marriage certificate is fine. A translation of it would be useful.but not normally required.

You cannot be listed in your wife's house book. Only your wife's entry is needed.

Your US marriage certificate is fine. A translation of it would be useful.but not normally required.

Thanks, ubonjoe!

http://http:the-isaan.blogspot.com

• 3 months later...

Going to do this run at the end of July, how long does it take to get from Mukadahan to Savanakhet?

Does anyone do it by air from Bangkok and what time do you get your passport back the next day?

I see there is an Air Asia flight on sale to Bangkok at 4:45 from Nakhon Pannon would I make it from consulate to airport on time?

Edited by bkkgooner