Kittiratt believes Thailand will not face real estate bubble

webfact

Kittiratt believes Thailand will not face real estate bubble

kit.jpg

BANGKOK, 28 September 2013 (NNT) – The Finance Minister has expressed his confidence that Thailand will not be faced with real estate bubble, believes banks have plans to cope with the situation.

After preside over the opening ceremony of GH Bank Expo held at IMPACT Muangthong Thani, Deputy Prime Minister and Finance Minister Kittiratt Na-Ranong said despite the country’s economic slowdown, the real estate industry is still expanding as the number of houses is increasing constantly, adding that more people living in the capital want a condominium or an apartment located where they can commute easily by public transport.

He went on to say that the real estate sector will not experience an economic bubble, citing commercial banks’ strong policies as one of the factors that will help stabilize the industry.

He said the banks are very careful before they issue a real estate loan, while most borrowers usually realize their affordability. All of these factors in the mechanism convinced him that chances of a real estate bubble are very slim, he added.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2013-09-28 footer_n.gif

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kittirat only needs to tour the Pattaya region to realise the hollowness of his words. Buildings going up everywhere, completed projects sitting empty. Vast numbers of them. In my mooban, 10% of the houses are for sale and have been for a very long time, while a dozen or more houses for rent are gathering dust. Kittirat gives far too much credibility to the banks, which have the history to prove him wrong (1997, Mr K?)

Well, I have customers waiting for rental properties but just cant find them.........of course there are plenty of overpriced rubbish in the wrong location but beach side of Suk is a different story

Kittirat only needs to tour the Pattaya region to realise the hollowness of his words. Buildings going up everywhere, completed projects sitting empty. Vast numbers of them. In my mooban, 10% of the houses are for sale and have been for a very long time, while a dozen or more houses for rent are gathering dust. Kittirat gives far too much credibility to the banks, which have the history to prove him wrong (1997, Mr K?)

Well, I have customers waiting for rental properties but just cant find them.........of course there are plenty of overpriced rubbish in the wrong location but beach side of Suk is a different story

Fair enough, but hardly relevant to the overall picture.

Ah, the man of white lies speaks. Expect a bubble burst within the next 6 to 8 months then. I am no expert on real estate, but I am starting to become an expert on PTP politicians. Whatever they say won't happen will and vice versa.

• Like 2

Is there any country on the planet that at one time or another hasn't had a real estate bubble come crashing down right about the time that a bunch of bankers/economists/experts claim that it will not happen? Some might call it a MARKET CORRECTION when the supply exceeds the demand primarily because the prices have risen too quickly and the market is filled with speculators hoping to flip properties for a quick buck/baht.

I find any dealings with the beach side is just a pain... The other side where I am, things tend to be more peaceful and fair. If I get pulled up, its usually the cops doing a good job and checking for illegal things... On the beach side, they will tend to pull up farang most times. There are a lot more vacant homes on the non-beach side.... I have an entire village next door that has never had a single occupant in it.

What a joke.....Give it 36-48 more months. Every Soi and vacant piece of land is being developed

with thousands of new shoe box condos. Half are already empty, and the new developments can't

sell 75% of what is built already. When you see hours of advertising, free gifts and price reductions

the bubble is starting to burst already.

Is there any country on the planet that at one time or another hasn't had a real estate bubble come crashing down right about the time that a bunch of bankers/economists/experts claim that it will not happen? Some might call it a MARKET CORRECTION when the supply exceeds the demand primarily because the prices have risen too quickly and the market is filled with speculators hoping to flip properties for a quick buck/baht.

The market will be obeyed. No way around it.....

• Like 1