Thai weather agency warns of heavy rain over northeastern, northern regions

webfact

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I live in Sakon Nakhon province and according to Thai Visa weather page we are due to have 45 mm of Rain between 7 pm tonight and 7 am tomorrow. It will be catastrophic if it happens. But lets hope their mistaken. Weather forecasters have been wrong before. whistling.gif

All weather forecasters have been wrong, not just the Thai ones.

Michael Fish on the BBC once said that an Atlantic gale wouldn't make landfall in the UK. As an apprentice roofer at the time I made a fortune from replacing tiles as we worked around Bishops Avenue, N2. It was so nice that we could charge the wealthy eighty to hundred pound a tile and the poor and the elderly the cost of the tiles.

Meanwhile, Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra was scheduled to inspect the flood situation and to visit flood victims in Si Sa Khet and Ubon Ratchathani today

She's warmly welcome to sleep in our flooded house.-wai.gif

Nah; she's too busy rushing up North to protect her home town from the worst of it. After all, she is the Minister of Defense and what better than defending your own birthplace ?

I will wave as it goes by to Bangkok, Hub of H20, home of Thainess, the city that has cornered the market for Wellington Boots, Waders and pac-a macs.

How turn a disadvantage into and advantage( not currently on the curriculum- lets keep it that way).

Meanwhile, Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra was scheduled to inspect the flood situation and to visit flood victims in Si Sa Khet and Ubon Ratchathani today. (MCOT online news)

And her expert advice is?

Stay indoors....upstairs. Don't worry my Brother will be sending out food parcels shortly.

Living in a cyclone-prone area of Australia, many of us use the government's cyclone path prediction web service. The US Navy also has a good service. The following link shows the predicted path for the current cyclone heading for Thailand.

http://www.nrlmry.navy.mil/TC.html

Best of luck to everyone.

Week old data, showing a different typhoon that's long gone.

whistling.gif Last week some of the MP said, rain and storms are over! Flooding would not happen anyway!coffee1.gif

Did not see any assertion that explicit. How could any rational person possibly interpret a statement- made during peak monsoon- to be literally pronouncing that the rain and flooding has ended?.whistling.gif

Edited by techboy

I am 60 Ks downstream from Nong Khai on the Mekong and it is 1.30 AM steady rain for the last three or four hours, intermittent cool breeze.

The Mekong is not very high, could carry another four or five metres of water easy.

Living in a cyclone-prone area of Australia, many of us use the government's cyclone path prediction web service. The US Navy also has a good service. The following link shows the predicted path for the current cyclone heading for Thailand.

Best of luck to everyone.

Week old data, showing a different typhoon that's long gone.

Just 3mm overnight 130kms west of khon kaen,light drizzle now.

Hi Joe, strong wind gusts and some heavy showers this morning 60 Ks East of Nong Khai, fast moving dark cumulus horizon to horizon. Wind appears to be Westerly, I could be wrong but I think the centre may have just passed here??

Annat Charoen

Long time since we had such a beautiful morning sunshine with scattered white clouds.

Last night, cool, no wind, some drizzle.

Yesterday late afternoon, no wind, dripping a little!

So No Downpours Neither Storms Here.

Edited by Khunangkaro

Thought we might catch some rain spin off down here in Korat. Finally called it quits at 0300 this morning. Not a drop.

Bummer for my tanks but do hope others above us were spared more grief.

FITOW looks to be moving more north than west on this morning's weather and pressure chart.

Edited by 55Jay

Ahh I don't think so Gulfsailor. Don't know what you're looking at but this page clearly shows Wutip's current position in black and it's predicted path in pink. The time is given in UTC format and it's quite clear that the data and satellite photo are hours old, not days.

When I open your link it shows typhoon Usagi. Yesterday I could not even find Wutip on the site. Today it shows Wutip when I click west pac.

Could be because I use mobile device.