Time line @ Thai Consulate Birmingham

Hello there,

I've sent visa application (Non O) for my husband to Thai Consulate in Birmingham. I'm wondering how long it usually takes to get the passport back.

I've read though a few posts and found that a member (Kannot) received his passport back within 5 days.

Is that a normal time line?

Thanks

Pat

Hi Birmingham are much slower than Hull who now cant do this under the same rules as before,

The answer is YES about 5 days if you enclosed the pre paid special delivery envelope.

PLEASE let us know if you get the visa and also IF your Husband had to show any money for a NON O ( I assume married to a Thai?)

many people get the visa and then dont update for others to see.

My passport came back today. Non O Mult / Thai wife. No financials.

Timeline:

Thu 26 Sep: Posted application

Fri 27 Sep: Consulate received

Sat 28 Sep: Weekend

Sun 29 Sep: Weekend

Mon 30 Sep: Visa issued

Tue 1 Oct: Passport returned

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

So this would indicate the Embassy has it in for Hull alone? I wonder why?

Because Hull always gave the Embassy the finger?

But it that were the case, I would imagine a quick phone call to the MFA in Bangkok from any influential person at the embassy could have had Hull closed down in the blink of an eye?

But it that were the case, I would imagine a quick phone call to the MFA in Bangkok from any influential person at the embassy could have had Hull closed down in the blink of an eye?

I think (but may be completely wrong) that Hull has some sort of special influence owing to its history. Maybe someone else knows a little more about this?

Hi and thanks for all replies.

Just for information, he has applied for a Non O (Single Entry), married to a Thai (myself). Documents sent to the Consulate are copies of my Thai ID/ passport/ Marriage certificate/ our son's passport/ house registration/ birth certificate/ fees/ photos and returned prepaid envelope....No proof of finance.

Royal mail tracking service shows that the application pack has been received by the Consulate today. Hopefully, we will get the passport back by this week. I'll update our time line then.

One question though - if they cannot issue Non O for whatever reason, will they automatically issue tourist visa??

Thanks once again to all.

Pat

My passport came back today. Non O Mult / Thai wife. No financials.

Timeline:

Thu 26 Sep: Posted application

Fri 27 Sep: Consulate received

Sat 28 Sep: Weekend

Sun 29 Sep: Weekend

Mon 30 Sep: Visa issued

Tue 1 Oct: Passport returned

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

which consulate?

I think (but may be completely wrong) that Hull has some sort of special influence owing to its history. Maybe someone else knows a little more about this?

Historically the Thai Consul in Hull had a "special" relationship with the Kingdom dating back for a long time.

This "special" relationship has apparently endured over the years but would now seem to have soured for whatever reason.

I cannot now remember the detail but will attempt to research the facts.

When mentioning 'Multiple Entries', is it a 90 days or a year one?

single entry requires no money to be shown

Not quite sure what your asking but a "multiple entry" O visa provides entries for periods not exceeding 90 days for one year. In other words the visa requires the holder to leave the country every 89 -90 days.

Sorry if I sound confusing...(as I am)

and thanks for the answer...

Not quite sure what your asking but a "multiple entry" O visa provides entries for periods not exceeding 90 days for one year. In other words the visa requires the holder to leave the country every 89 -90 days.

Sorry if I sound confusing...(as I am)

and thanks for the answer...

No need for apology !

i have just realised that I should also have said that after each 90 day period you have to leave but can immediately return for another 90 day period. Used to best effect a multiple entry visa can provide for up to a 15 month stay

I went in there recently (Birmingham). You require a copy of your marriage certificate both in English and Thai plus a copy of your wife's ID. I took it in Monday morning and they faxed London for approval that day. I got a call the following morning saying my passport was ready for collection. I spoke to the guy there and he tells me it can take up to 4 days. The copy of the marriage certificate in Thai is a new thing. I was told they may issue it without this but it is at their discretion. This was for a multiple entry O visa.

The goal posts keep on moving and they are making it harder and harder for us.

• Like 1

I went in there recently (Birmingham). You require a copy of your marriage certificate both in English and Thai plus a copy of your wife's ID. I took it in Monday morning and they faxed London for approval that day. I got a call the following morning saying my passport was ready for collection. I spoke to the guy there and he tells me it can take up to 4 days. The copy of the marriage certificate in Thai is a new thing. I was told they may issue it without this but it is at their discretion. This was for a multiple entry O visa.

The goal posts keep on moving and they are making it harder and harder for us.

For me at HULL and now BIRMINGHAM it does not require and English Translation just the Thai wedding cert, did this 2 weeks ago NON O Multi entry.

I sure wish they were all consistent.

Thanks.. I just tracked the mail and it says it's on its way...so yep...single entry is quickly issued (assumed it's approved)..

Another question please, is it correct that my husband can extend another 60 days while in the country?

They should do a single entry quickly because it does not require embassy approval. I wouldn't worry about it not being approved.
There is a good chance it will be on it's way back today.

Thanks.. I just tracked the mail and it says it's on its way...so yep...single entry is quickly issued (assumed it's approved)..

Another question please, is it correct that my husband can extend another 60 days while in the country?

They should do a single entry quickly because it does not require embassy approval. I wouldn't worry about it not being approved.

There is a good chance it will be on it's way back today.

Great news.

Yes he can get a 60 day extension to visit you. You will need to go with him to immigration and have your house book and ID card plus copies. Plus marriage certificate and copy.

Hi, got the passport back today.

Visa is granted.

Enclosed in the post along with the passport is the information about getting the visa.

800k is not needed when applying for a non o multiple entry based on marriage. Only a person aged 50 and over needs that.

It says it may take up to 7 days to process it.

Though I'm not sure if you are 50 and married, 800k is needed or not.

Sent from my GT-I8160 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

unless I missed something there is nothing in this thread so far that is different from Hull regarding Multiple/Single Type O

There are no financial requirements for single entry type O married or not - Multiple from both Consulates require 800k and if not married you need to be over 50 - why would it be different if the approval process is through London

unless I missed something there is nothing in this thread so far that is different from Hull regarding Multiple/Single Type O

There are no financial requirements for single entry type O married or not - Multiple from both Consulates require 800k and if not married you need to be over 50 - why would it be different if the approval process is through London

There are 2 posts in this thread where Non-O Multi's have recently been issued by Birmingham without financials.