Garbage Collector Stabbed Dead By Colleague

Lite Beer

Garbage Collector Stabbed Dead By Colleague

Police in Mueang district of Samut Prakarn province said a garbage collecting worker had been stabbed dead by his colleague as they were performing duty earlier this morning.

Fellow garbage collectors had been holding a 18 year old suspect, who is also a nephew of the victim, when the police arrived.

The suspect confessed that he had killed his uncle, Mr. Satit Sae-huam, 40, explaining that he and Mr. Satit often engaged in a fight, because Mr. Satit liked to scold at him throughout the working hours.

At the time of the incident, the suspect said that Mr. Satit kept complaining and insulting him, causing him to be angry and throw the rubbish bin at his uncle. The suspect claimed that Mr. Satit became enraged and attempted to fight him, so he pulled out a knife and stabbed the man to defend himself.

Mr. Satit was pronounced dead at the scene. Other staff held the suspect, preventing him from fleeing the scene, until officers arrived.

Another fellow garbage collector told police that the occasional fights between the pair have become a common sight for other colleagues, so the staff did not expect the verbal exchanges this morning to have escalated into a manslaughter

Source: http://www.khaosod.co.th/en/view_newsonline.php?newsid=TVRNNE1EY3dOamM0Tnc9PQ==

--KHAOSOD English 2013-10-02

The suspect claimed that Mr. Satit became enraged and attempted to fight him, so he pulled out a knife and stabbed the man to defend himself.

More like the suspect when on deadly offensive versus defensive.

There almost needs to be a category in TV for this sort of thing. I am certain it would contain reams and reams of articles; much more than any other forum on TV. I am also certain that were this forum created, that these articles would contain the shortest number of replies to each article, and of those replies, the shortest replies on average of all other replies on all other forums. Have a poll for a clever name, perhaps.

Much like a trash site, much of the trash articles that trash reporters dig up could be diverted to this stinking heap. On bad days, people could go there to unload their trash or flame. This would be nice, in that it would free up other forums of all the trash and stinking rot, and create a clear path for more legitimate, and thought provoking chatter.

I mean, what can one say about crap like this? You can't fix stupid?

• Like 1

i am not surprized by the Thailand stupity jibes here. However this is exactly the sort of crime that poor, uneducated people carryout around the world all the time.

Its just sad. And knife crime stats are especially high in London.

• Like 1

i am not surprized by the Thailand stupity jibes here. However this is exactly the sort of crime that poor, uneducated people carryout around the world all the time.

Are you at the right thread? I just read all the posts here and not once was the word "stupid' or "stupidity" used -- not even a synonym. Perhaps if you're very eager to defend Thailand against people calling Thais stupid, you should wait until there's an actual target in sight before pulling the trigger. Doing that might save a shred of your credibility.

• Like 1

Thais showing us once again how dangerous a country this is, They constantly send us reminders that ANY confrontational situation, regardless of how minor it may seem, can be potentially lethal because these people have no emotional self-control. These types of violent overreactions are become more and more commonplace.

That is absolute garbage. Take the UK for example, I would bet there are far more stabbings there than in Thailand, and the Thai population is a little bit more than the UK.

Thais showing us once again how dangerous a country this is, They constantly send us reminders that ANY confrontational situation, regardless of how minor it may seem, can be potentially lethal because these people have no emotional self-control. These types of violent overreactions are become more and more commonplace.

That is absolute garbage. Take the UK for example, I would bet there are far more stabbings there than in Thailand, and the Thai population is a little bit more than the UK.

Well. we can all "bet" on information, which of course is unproven speculation, but why don't you gather your facts before insulting people or their posts.

If indeed the UK population is in the habit of stabbing each other to death over pretty incidents and the over-zealous importance of losing face in petty situations, that's very sad, but please provide the FACTS to back up your insult.

• Like 1

Well. we can all "bet" on information, which of course is unproven speculation, but why don't you gather your facts before insulting people or their posts.

If indeed the UK population is in the habit of stabbing each other to death over pretty incidents and the over-zealous importance of losing face in petty situations, that's very sad, but please provide the FACTS to back up your insult.

When I lived in the UK, you could hardly read a newspaper without reports of a stabbing, Thais are more likely to attack you at odds of about six to one, but 99% of the time it is because they have been provoked in some way, often through drunkiness. If you want FACTS, you will have to read UK newspapers.

A Thai case that is perfectly explainable and justified. Self defense, humiliation, and losing face. The 18 year was compelled to put a stop to it as he was compelled by his Thainess.

And I then have to admit that I fail to comprehend: how does getting caught, restrained and put in jail equal saving face/restoring face?

Anyone else saw the title and thought 'someone must have lost face'???

I thought he had been mad dogged that's what they kill you in the states for. Why did you kill that guy, he was mad dogging me officer I couldn't take it anymore so I pulled out my ak-47 and shot him 50 times. I often wonder where the Thai naysayers lived before they moved here as it was so pristine and never a hint of trouble.

Anyone else saw the title and thought 'someone must have lost face'???

I thought he had been mad dogged that's what they kill you in the states for. Why did you kill that guy, he was mad dogging me officer I couldn't take it anymore so I pulled out my ak-47 and shot him 50 times. I often wonder where the Thai naysayers lived before they moved here as it was so pristine and never a hint of trouble.
maddogging? Staring at someone for prolonged periods of time? Or embarrassing someone aka making someone loose face? Too bad this article covers an event that happened in thailand, not the states or 'anywhere else in the world'.

As for the naysayers, I hope you aren't loosing sleep at night because of them.

Thais showing us once again how dangerous a country this is,  They constantly send us reminders that ANY confrontational situation, regardless of how minor it may seem, can be potentially lethal because these people have no emotional self-control. These types of violent overreactions are become more and more commonplace. 

I'll take that bet.

The murder rate for Britons in Thailand is several times higher than in Britain and Thailand is the most dangerous tourism destination for Britons, Aussies and Swedes.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Parrot

Bla bla. As pointed out by Boris this week, you are twice as likely to be murdered in Brussels as London.

Oh really?

I'll take that bet.

The murder rate for Britons in Thailand is several times higher than in Britain and Thailand is the most dangerous tourism destination for Britons, Aussies and Swedes.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I was talking about actual stabbings. I always feel safer in Bangkok and Pattaya than I ever did in Glasgow, But again I don't drink or walk about in the early hours of the morning. Where did you get those statistics anyway?

(Since there's a very small limit on how many quotes can be nested here, we'll have continue this way.)

I said:

Then Possum91 said:

When I lived in the UK, you could hardly read a newspaper without reports of a stabbing, Thais are more likely to attack you at odds of about six to one, but 99% of the time it is because they have been provoked in some way, often through drunkiness. If you want FACTS, you will have to read UK newspapers.

Now I say:

You have still have not provided any facts, and nobody has supported your posts. Are you ever going to actually defend your statements with facts? And I don't have to read the newspaper because I'm not the one trying to convince people that my opinions are the same as facts.

(Since there's a very small limit on how many quotes can be nested here, we'll have continue this way.)

I said:

Then Possum91 said:

Now I say:

You have still have not provided any facts, and nobody has supported your posts. Are you ever going to actually defend your statements with facts? And I don't have to read the newspaper because I'm not the one trying to convince people that my opinions are the same as facts.

According to UK government there are approx 200 stabbing deaths in the UK p.a.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&ved=0CDgQFjAB&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.parliament.uk%2Fbriefing-papers%2Fsn04304.pdf&ei=AixNUq31BInPrQf324CoAw&usg=AFQjCNEqiKnJejeqKANW3sNyaGPXSTX7Jw&bvm=bv.53537100,d.bmk

For Australians, in 2012 Thailand has the greatest number of deaths for any destination with 111 deaths recorded by all causes, detail at

http://www.news.com.au/travel/travel-updates/australians-dying-overseas-in-record-numbers/story-fnizu68q-1226572967847

Nonsense, If you must be a thai apologist, think before you chime in. There are many other threads on here where you can defend thais.