What is it about the Fortuner...

wedders

Debatable if it shortens braking distance in a Truck,unless it fully Ladened,the rear wheel have no weight. over the back wheels empty anyway,a conversion popular with the Red Plastic Cover Boys i guess so they can have 4 Brembo wanabees.biggrin.png

The fill BJ Runstop upgrade, which includes bigger front discs, better callipers plus rear discs/calipers, definitely improves stopping distance, and has wayyy better pedal feel than the OEM setup. Just adding the rear discs only though is more of a show thing though, yeah.

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

True. Little difference at rest but in practice, the Nose Dive on the Hi Rider Type Suspension plus the extra weight of a Diesel Engine tends to cause rear lift up easier than a Car.Seem,s a hell of a price to me.Can't honestly say the Lads T Blazers is any better than a Nissan/Vigo truck. .Must admit in starting to like the TBlazer, not too Blobby.biggrin.png

Depends on if you want to change the wheels. The Parada Spec X are not available in the 265/65R17 size. 275/55R20 just fits if the right wheel off set is used.

Michelins or the Yokohama Geolander have alternatives for the OEM Wheels.

No - I won't be changing the wheels for now. Original 17" x 7.5 J, so 265/65 R17 ... Latitude Cross then?

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by wedders

Depends on if you want to change the wheels. The Parada Spec X are not available in the 265/65R17 size. 275/55R20 just fits if the right wheel off set is used.

Michelins or the Yokohama Geolander have alternatives for the OEM Wheels.

Picking up the PJS 2.5 GT 4WD later today smile.png

So... Michelin Latitude Cross ... or Yokohama Prada SPEC X ... or .... ??

That's one of the tragic realities: The lack of choice in the marketplace here.

Jitar is right, you have to choose the best from the limited selections that are offered in your size.

FWIW, Michelin Latitude Cross look to have very good ratings.

Looks like locally I can only get the Michelin Cross Terrain. Not the Latitude Cross.

I have them, good road tyre, very quiet. Not much good for off road work but OK. smile.png

Looks like locally I can only get the Michelin Cross Terrain. Not the Latitude Cross.

Are these Cross Terrain tires, (the ones Transam has?) the tires with the aggressive tread design?

Maybe the Michelin Cross Terrain and the Latitude Cross tires are one and the same - or not??

Edited by thailoht

Are these Cross Terrain tires, (the ones Transam has?) the tires with the aggressive tread design?

Maybe the Michelin Cross Terrain and the Latitude Cross tires are one and the same - or not??

Different tyres. My CT do not have an aggressive tread pattern. They were fitted from factory as were Bridgestone at different times. Soon to buy a pair of CT. thumbsup.gif

No not the same - I had pics of both on my phone and the X Terrain is the one with the 'aggressive tread' you mention. The supplier said you couldn't get 17" Latitudes in Thailand, I couldn't be bothered to argue, you know where that gets you here.

A rapid check on the reviews and I decided that for 14K inclusive it was worth doing the swap.

Different tyres. My CT do not have an aggressive tread pattern. They were fitted from factory as were Bridgestone at different times. Soon to buy a pair of CT. thumbsup.gif.pagespeed.ce.dtxKiAJ9C7.gif alt=thumbsup.gif width=25 height=19>

Whoa, Transam. Are you sure yours are the Michelin Cross Terrain? The ones I looked at definitely have an aggressive tread design. But if so, how many kms do you have on your tires?

No not the same - I had pics of both on my phone and the X Terrain is the one with the 'aggressive tread' you mention. The supplier said you couldn't get 17" Latitudes in Thailand, I couldn't be bothered to argue, you know where that gets you here.

A rapid check on the reviews and I decided that for 14K inclusive it was worth doing the swap.

OK, I see - different tire models. If your new tires are the same as Transam's (then just maybe cheesy.gif) you have a nice tire! Another thing for sure is that these tires' tread wear longevity is rated at >104 K km! thumbsup.gif

Definitely CT. Two that need replacing have 70K on them. Did change two with 60K last year.

Are the Cross Terrain tires that you now have, the OEM tires that were on your 2007 pickup truck when you bought it new?

The tire on the (L) is the Latitude Cross. The tire on the ® is the Cross Terrain.

post-80480-0-85113300-1381991142_thumb.j

Edited by thailoht

And those are definitely the ones I put on this morning (on right).

Typical here though... at first they said "yes we have the Latitude Cross". Off came the Bridgestones. The Latitudes were "on their way" from another shop. Of course the moment I saw them I knew they were another tyre.

Still, I'm happy enough with the outcome.

Typical here though... at first they said "yes we have the Latitude Cross". Off came the Bridgestones. The Latitudes were "on their way" from another shop. Of course the moment I saw them I knew they were another tyre.

It's a good thing you were paying attention, otherwise, I could only imagine what tire brand they would have tried to put on your SUV.

Thanks to Transam, now you can look forward to having, hopefully, at least 60,000 km to 70,000 km - or more - of road life in your new tires!

You will really know what you have once you have driven up and down some mountains and have driven some wet roads.

Edited by thailoht

Ok I'll take a look in the morning, I'm collecting it then.

PLEASE check the pressures yourself smile.png . Even a few psi over can make a crap ride. 29/30 psi all round. I use 32 in the front on the Vigo cos of extra weight on the front of the 4x4 cos it suits me, 29/30 rear.

It's a good thing you were paying attention, otherwise, I could only imagine what tire brand they would have tried to put on your SUV.

Thanks to Transam, now you can look forward to having, hopefully, at least 60,000 km to 70,000 km - or more - of road life in your new tires!

You will really know what you have once you have driven up and down some mountains and have driven some wet roads.

Thanks for ruining my Day,my Tyres are scrubbed out at 35 K,w00t.gif

Tut Tut, Tesco's sell a pressure gauge.......................laugh.png

Tut Tut, Tesco's sell a pressure gauge.......................laugh.png

Gimme a Break, i do 35 K.in 10 Months min, and dont run em down to the min markers, and " dem drops are a bit steep" to not change.w00t.gif

Its a Civic, Prime Target for Tuna Slobs. Buying new tires becomes the highlite of my Year , been here that long.facepalm.gifbiggrin.png

How has that been working out for you? whistling.gif

By this time, you should be an old pro at tire buying (for that Civic). You drive (min) 35K km a year on your Civic. To get a little insight into your tire buying thought process, what brand/model tires do you buy for your car and why?

Wouldn't it be more comfortable and pleasant to do those +35 K km in a nicely appointed Fortuner? whistling.gif (That's a rhetorical question)