Plodprasop: Two dams to be built in Chaiyaphum

webfact

Two dams to be built in Chaiyaphum: Plodprasop

BANGKOK: -- Deputy Prime Minister Plodprasop Suraswadi said on Thursday that with two dams to be built in Chaiyaphum, the northeastern provinces will be saved from future flood.

The two dams are Chi Bon and Yang Na Dee Dams, which will cost about Bt 5 billion and Bt 2.7 billion respectively.

The Chi Bon Dam will be built at Nong Bua Daeng district while the Yang Na Dee Dam will be located at border of Nong Bua Rawe district and Ban Khwao district.

Both are part of the Bt350 billion water-management investment scheme.

Plodprasop said during a visit to the flooded area in the province.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2013-10-04

The Chi Bon Dam will be built at Nong Bua Daeng district while the Yang Na Dee Dam will be located at border of Nong Bua Rawe district and Ban Khwao district.

Is there any understanding of the time scale involved concerning these projects or does the worthy Plodprasop along with the local population think such matters will be completed within ninety days?

We are talking of a big infrastructure project which should be built to exacting standards so as to ensure the safety of those people residing in the immediate vicinity of the projects and also downstream of those projects

Does anyone actually realise they are looking at a minimum of three to four years work before any water will be contained.

Without a doubt we are all well aware that the establishing of bank accounts to receive the ''commission payments" on these proposed scams schemes can be established within some twenty four hours ( if not already in place of course) not so the actual projects

Talk is cheap in La La Land.

Edited by siampolee

Is there any understanding of the time scale involved concerning these projects or does the worthy Plodprasop along with the local population think such matters will be completed within ninety days?

We are talking of a big infrastructure project which should be built to exacting standards so as to ensure the safety of those people residing in the immediate vicinity of the projects and also downstream of those projects

Does anyone actually realise they are looking at a minimum of three to four years work before any water will be contained.

Without a doubt we are all well aware that the establishing of bank accounts to receive the ''commission payments" on these proposed scams schemes can be established within some twenty four hours ( if not already in place of course) not so the actual projects

Talk is cheap in La La Land.

Well I hope you are right about this being just talk, as this is the first I've heard about this & having looked at where the Chi Bon Dam is supposed to be going, our house & Village is no more than 1 Km upstream of it...

I've asked my Wife Malee about this & she just says 'Mai Pen Rai' they've been on about this for years & have done nothing, having not long finished building our House I'm quite concerned...

BTW could a MOD explain or post a link to me on how to insert images in replies or posts please? as I wanted to insert one into this but can't work out how to do it....

post-155547-0-70669700-1381024148_thumb. After a think about this threatened dam I've come to the conclusion that it'll never be built, which is what Wife's village think, because we live in the bowl of a old volcanic caldera the resulting reservoir would be something like 80Km wide by 60Km long & would displace up to 1/2 a million people, they could never afford to compensate this many people & it would be far too unpopular for even a Thai Government to pass.

Also they are in the process of Tarmacing the road running through where they would be putting the dam which they wouldn't be doing if they were going to build there.

And thanks happylarry, totally failed to notice the more reply options box lol