Woman killed outside Capitol Hill after trying to ram gate of White House

webfact

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a no win situation,had they tried to capture the women without shooting to kill,and if later it was found her vehicle was carrying explosives,then there would have been an enquiry,as to why they didn't shoot to kill. The fact is unfortunately 9/11 ended all mercy for those that are a threat to the USA,in whatever form!

Another factor complicating this unfortunate fatality is that the suspect was behaving in these bizarre and aggressive ways, at the White House and then at the Capitol Building, during an unusual and strange time in Washington, ie., the government shutdown in connection with Obamacare.

The shutdown tension and eeriness present at the time of the life threatening incident by the suspect already had heightened everyone's senses. People were out of their jobs and workplaces. Monuments and memorials were closed or, in the case of the WW II Memorial, experiencing high visibility controversy. The Capitol Police were required to be on the job despite their not being paid - I'm sure this didn't create a mood of hostility or vengeance among them, but the Capitol Police too were feeling the eeriness.

I thought the Capitol Police were patient not to shoot when the car was jammed against the posts, as we can see in the video. But I also think the Capitol Police may have missed an opportunity by not shooting out the tires while the car was in a stationary position right in front of them at the time.

That said, what did happen happened and is now being examined, investigated.

I really admired the attempt to take her when she was jammed up and stopped. Surrounding a car that might have a bomb just to give the perp a chance to surrender took some guts and some humanity.

I disagree that they ever should have shot the tires. The bullet would pass right through the tires and ricochet up from the pavement out of control and endangering everything in sight. There is no way to control the direction or the backstop that way. The whole idea is to protect those including other police or bystanders in the vicinity.

Again I really admire them for surrounding that car the first time with guns drawn, giving her one more chance at the risk of their own lives.

The second time they cornered her, they were out of choices.

Yep, some here may talk crap who are/were not involved in the situation, they would rather a security guy lose is life and deprive his kids a father, JUST IN CASE.

They are confused about a babe in the car and what the lady was doing. MAN up you doubters and thank the guys who do not want to end life BUT protect you and yours.

• Like 1

It's a no win situation,had they tried to capture the women without shooting to kill,and if later it was found her vehicle was carrying explosives,then there would have been an enquiry,as to why they didn't shoot to kill. The fact is unfortunately 9/11 ended all mercy for those that are a threat to the USA,in whatever form!

Another factor complicating this unfortunate fatality is that the suspect was behaving in these bizarre and aggressive ways, at the White House and then at the Capitol Building, during an unusual and strange time in Washington, ie., the government shutdown in connection with Obamacare.

The shutdown tension and eeriness present at the time of the life threatening incident by the suspect already had heightened everyone's senses. People were out of their jobs and workplaces. Monuments and memorials were closed or, in the case of the WW II Memorial, experiencing high visibility controversy. The Capitol Police were required to be on the job despite their not being paid - I'm sure this didn't create a mood of hostility or vengeance among them, but the Capitol Police too were feeling the eeriness.

I thought the Capitol Police were patient not to shoot when the car was jammed against the posts, as we can see in the video. But I also think the Capitol Police may have missed an opportunity by not shooting out the tires while the car was in a stationary position right in front of them at the time.

That said, what did happen happened and is now being examined, investigated.

I really admired the attempt to take her when she was jammed up and stopped. Surrounding a car that might have a bomb just to give the perp a chance to surrender took some guts and some humanity.

I disagree that they ever should have shot the tires. The bullet would pass right through the tires and ricochet up from the pavement out of control and endangering everything in sight. There is no way to control the direction or the backstop that way. The whole idea is to protect those including other police or bystanders in the vicinity.

Again I really admire them for surrounding that car the first time with guns drawn, giving her one more chance at the risk of their own lives.

The second time they cornered her, they were out of choices.

Yep, some here may talk crap who are/were not involved in the situation, they would rather a security guy lose is life and deprive his kids a father, JUST IN CASE.

They are confused about a babe in the car and what the lady was doing. MAN up you doubters and thank the guys who do not want to end life BUT protect you and yours.

It's called dong your job. Which is always harder than making a call, arse parked in a soft chair, joystick in hand....

Now somebody has set fire to themselves out the front of the White House. Congress needs to get it's act together now before more P,d off people do more crazy shit.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2013/10/04/229318859/man-sets-himself-on-fire-on-the-national-mall

http://www.dailynews.co.th/world/237932

Who would have thought it, the Dems are having the same self-immolation problems as the Chinese communist party, is that where the similarity ends? wink.png