Agents view on Pattaya Market

So many threads bashing agents in Pattaya. Maybe it's time for an ongoing thread of exactly how it is. Can address buying versus renting, commission structures and dos and don'ts

Sent from my ST27a using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Just a few examples of vendors behavior in September.

1. Business sold and owner trying to deal direct with buyer to avoid paying commission.

2. Condo sold, deposit taken then owner empties furniture

3. Ask to list give valuation yet owner has listed at higher price with other agent.

1. Business sold and owner trying to deal direct with buyer to avoid paying commission.

3. Ask to list give valuation yet owner has listed at higher price with other agent.

There's certainly no shortage of vendors here who apparently forgot to collect their integrity at the airport luggage carousel. Though of course the same applies equally to buyers and agents.

What's wrong with 2? It was the condo that was sold, not the furniture. Maybe I've misunderstood something, but in the UK at least it's normal to remove furniture when selling a condo unless it's specifically included in the contract. In any case, the contract should say whether it's included or not? So what did the contract say?

Edited by davejones
  • Like 2