Would you fight for Thailand?

Deserted

If Thailand was being invaded and the Govt were occupied I would probably see it as my opportunity to take Samui under my control. :-)

But seriously, who in their right mind would fight for a country that is sooooo inept at the top??? You really want to put your life in someone's hands that probably has trouble getting dressed in the morning???

who has trouble dressing in the morning? Don't really get you.

The blind will never see, you sadly. sad.png

ok never mind. I respect everyone's freedom of speech. Just that personally because of my past experience, I feel I owe thailand something, therefore I will defend. Hope u respect my view. Yep.

• Like 1

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Thailand was being invaded and the Govt were occupied I would probably see it as my opportunity to take Samui under my control. :-)

But seriously, who in their right mind would fight for a country that is sooooo inept at the top??? You really want to put your life in someone's hands that probably has trouble getting dressed in the morning???

who has trouble dressing in the morning? Don't really get you.

The blind will never see, you sadly. sad.png

ok never mind. I respect everyone's freedom of speech. Just that personally because of my past experience, I feel I owe thailand something, therefore I will defend. Hope u respect my view. Yep.

Think know one has a problem with your or any ones views. We just discuss it here. thumbsup.gif

But I do wonder why you feel you owe LOS something, and it seems your life if need be. Interested to know.

• Like 1

Think know one has a problem with your or any ones views. We just discuss it here. thumbsup.gif

But I do wonder why you feel you owe LOS something, and it seems your life if need be. Interested to know.

Long story, perhaps because there are also many Thai people in my country and they are really nice people. Unlike other foreigners, Thai people are peaceful and don't really make much trouble in my country, so overall I like Thailand. Another possible reason may be that I used to like a Thai girl. I think Thai girls deserve to be loved and protected, unlike girls from my country who are very un-feminine. Just my own point of view. yep.

Think know one has a problem with your or any ones views. We just discuss it here. Posted Image

Long story, perhaps because there are also many Thai people in my country and they are really nice people. Unlike other foreigners, Thai people are peaceful and don't really make much trouble in my country, so overall I like Thailand. Another possible reason may be that I used to like a Thai girl. I think Thai girls deserve to be loved and protected, unlike girls from my country who are very un-feminine. Just my own point of view. yep.

Agree most Thai's in other countries are very peaceful, knowing fine well they will not receive any preferential treatment if they have any problem's, they will simple be treated the same as the citizens of that country. At least that's the case in most developed countries.

• Like 2

Agree most Thai's in other countries are very peaceful, knowing fine well they will not receive any preferential treatment if they have any problem's, they will simple be treated the same as the citizens of that country. At least that's the case in most developed countries.

I think I saw a recent survey that Bangkok is voted the happiest city in the world. There must be a reason why it's called LOS. Of course, the people. It's something about Thai culture that makes tourists like me wanna go again.

No, I wouldn't want to be in the trenches. Going to war is hard with no Esprit De Corps.

If the doomsday scenario played out, I'd certainly be lobbying for a PMC licence, for training or direct engagement. But I seriously doubt it would happen, unless the Thais were seriously up against it.

Which would leave me fighting for me and mine.

from the day I join this forum, I am committed to the defence of Thailand, well psychologically at the moment.

How long have you been here?

Have you helped deal with any/someones problems ?

Have you had any problems to sort yourself ?

from the day I join this forum, I am committed to the defence of Thailand, well psychologically at the moment.

What you mean? Don't get you?

Sorry, put ''in Thailand'' with each question.

Sorry, put ''in Thailand'' with each question.

been to thailand for holiday about 5 times i think? most recent was just last month, just before the floods hit pattaya.

Think know one has a problem with your or any ones views. We just discuss it here. Posted Image

I think I saw a recent survey that Bangkok is voted the happiest city in the world. There must be a reason why it's called LOS. Of course, the people. It's something about Thai culture that makes tourists like me wanna go again.

Theres no getting away from it, the Thai's do smile most of the time, but are they always genuine smiles?. Even if they are angry it's still possible for some of them to smile. As for the survey, who voted and who commissioned the survey?.

I think I can speak for many TV members, when I say that there are many good aspects of living here, however the longer I live in Thailand I realize that many things are just superficial.

• Like 1

Take it from me (and others) that it takes years to try and work out how stuff works, from any angle you can think of. I am in no way being derogatory but understanding how stuff works or the culture does take a looong time to work out and understand. Forget about folk coming to your country cos it will be very different with folk not surrounded by their own.

Hi all, well I can safely say that so far I've had good experiences with Thai people but I do acknowledge that there may be bad ones. But hey, which country doesn't? I've been to several countries such as China, Malaysia etc but only Thailand gives me the best experience. Never mind the poor infrastructure and the fact that I don't understand their language, but deep down I can feel their warm welcome. I'm not sure about farangs though. Most Thai people are generally poor except for those at city areas, as such I can very much understand their predicaments. Everyone is doing their best in life.

Take it from me (and others) that it takes years to try and work out how stuff works, from any angle you can think of. I am in no way being derogatory but understanding how stuff works or the culture does take a looong time to work out and understand. Forget about folk coming to your country cos it will be very different with folk not surrounded by their own.

Yes, all this trying and opinionating has put you on somebody's ignore list. Well done !!

Hi all, well I can safely say that so far I've had good experiences with Thai people but I do acknowledge that there may be bad ones. But hey, which country doesn't? I've been to several countries such as China, Malaysia etc but only Thailand gives me the best experience. Never mind the poor infrastructure and the fact that I don't understand their language, but deep down I can feel their warm welcome. I'm not sure about farangs though. Most Thai people are generally poor except for those at city areas, as such I can very much understand their predicaments. Everyone is doing their best in life.

Yes, Thailand has a lot of poor people in it, but I think you might be surprised how many of the 'poor' rural folk are wealthy. Just because they live in a hovel (no offence meant) and may not appear rich, their bank accounts are quite healthy indeed.

Have you worked it out and understand how stuff works..?

It seems the longer you are here, the more issues an individual deals with with beyond the day to day stuff the more You realize how little you really understood and what you do understand diminishes what positives you have of this country.

• Like 2

Yes, Thailand has a lot of poor people in it, but I think you might be surprised how many of the 'poor' rural folk are wealthy. Just because they live in a hovel (no offence meant) and may not appear rich, their bank accounts are quite healthy indeed.

hmm I get your point.

It seems the longer you are here, the more issues an individual deals with with beyond the day to day stuff the more You realize how little you really understood and what you do understand diminishes what positives you have of this country.

Happy-ish that I have worked a lot out, not all though. Simply cannot, BUT, I am a happy bunny and nobody is taking the piss cos l am not totally blinkered. If folk don't want to read responses then don't ask.

I can post cos I have been here a while and had to deal and help with other peoples stuff. Have helped with stuff.

I am not blinkered now. Comprendy...........thumbsup.gif ..........good.

Hmm, considering I can not own land or a house. I have to report my address every 90 days. I have taxation without representation. I can not start a business without jumping through a million hoops. Basically I have none of the rights a citizen does, so therefore, no I would not fight for Thailand. Even if the Thai military needed our help, they would never ask, or allow us too anyway. Let's put it this way. Would a Thai fight for my country? Ha! I think not.

The Thais asked for help from the US and UK. Both the US and UK and I think Australia helped. As a signatory of South East Asia Treaty Organisation (SEATO), Britain had an obligation to assist Allies in the Far East. In early 1960’s, the Americans (also a signatory to SEATO) were becoming increasingly embroiled in preventing the march of Communism in Laos and Vietnam, they requested that Britain assist in their crusade.

In February 1963, it was proposed that Britain construct an Airfield at Loeng Nok Tha, near Mukdahan in Thailand, as part of the American’s Special Logistic Aid to Thailand (SLAT). The proposal was accepted and given the code name “Operation Crown”.

11 Independant Field Squadron RE

34 Field Squadron RE

59 Field Squadron RE

54 Corps Field Park Squadron RE - Detachment

84 Survey Squadron RE - Detachment

302 Postal Unit RE - Detachment

2 Plant Trp, 2 Construction Sqn Royal New Zealand Engineers

2 Troop of 7 Field Sqn, Royal Australian Engineers

5001 RAF Airfield Construction Unit

ACC,

16th Commonwealth Field Ambulance RAMC,

RAOC ,

RASC (RCT) + 6 RA Drivers

REME,

http://op-crown.webs.com/

Thousands of Thais fought for America and a couple of thousand died. I think in both Korea and Vietnam.

post-187908-0-30675300-1381676683_thumb.

• Like 1

Happy-ish that I have worked a lot out, not all though. Simply cannot, BUT, I am a happy bunny and nobody is taking the piss cos l am not totally blinkered. If folk don't want to read responses then don't ask.

I can post cos I have been here a while and had to deal and help with other peoples stuff. Have helped with stuff.

I am not blinkered now. Comprendy...........Posted Image ..........good.

I think that sums it up quite well...unblinkered..but that has taken me years to get too.

Yet so many posters on here seem to be very definitive in their answers on Thailand..when they seem to me to border on sheer ignorance or do we all just have different experiences..which maybe the case when you come here young , yet most come here much older, more cynical, less travelled and mainly because they don't seem to like their own country...

I know where your coming from, and I have been here for 12 years and know what you say is factual. Thai's are a great, friendly considerate people,

I also will fight for Thailand, she is my country !

Cheers:wai2.gif

• Like 2