Bangkok residents warned over high tide

webfact

"forecasting suggests it may be raining in some parts of Bangkok this month but the rainfall won't be huge"

I wonder if speaker is aware that almost none of the last floods were from rain that fell in Bangkok?

Perhaps somebody could send him a map of Thailand. The Chao Praya drains perhaps more than half of it -

Like I mentioned before, those government officials and their agencies are getting paid under the table to delude the public....

I don't want to appear to be trolling, but what facts do you have to back up the your post of, "those government officials and their agencies are getting paid under the table to delude the public." Which government officials? Which agencies are deluding the public? How are the paying bribes under the table? Who paid them? How much was paid? Which table were they paid under? Do you have so much as a single document to prove that one government official or one agency actually accepted a bribe?

There is a thin line between rhetoric and slander here, but there is a line. Rhetoric will perhaps create anger in a lot of people, and it my get you deported, slander on the other hand will land you in jail, with a big lawsuit.

​Don't make accusations that you can't back up. I can be angry at a government official or a policy, but I am very careful of what I accuse them of. I hope you take this the right way. Cheers

Man, according to your posts, it is SO clear that you are indeed as new to Thailand as you are to TV here!. They delude the public on most issues, as do most govt's. You have to do the research, compare news stories etc. to uncover the truths, as you do with the stuff that goes on abroad behind closed doors- but it gets leaked, becomes declassified, and the truths always come out.

The locals say, 'in the end, there are no secrets in the world.'

Like I mentioned before, those government officials and their agencies are getting paid under the table to delude the public....

I don't want to appear to be trolling, but what facts do you have to back up the your post of, "those government officials and their agencies are getting paid under the table to delude the public." Which government officials? Which agencies are deluding the public? How are the paying bribes under the table? Who paid them? How much was paid? Which table were they paid under? Do you have so much as a single document to prove that one government official or one agency actually accepted a bribe?

There is a thin line between rhetoric and slander here, but there is a line. Rhetoric will perhaps create anger in a lot of people, and it my get you deported, slander on the other hand will land you in jail, with a big lawsuit.

​Don't make accusations that you can't back up. I can be angry at a government official or a policy, but I am very careful of what I accuse them of. I hope you take this the right way. Cheers

Stick around "Newby". It won't long before before the "reality" of LOS wakes you up and you become as cynical about Thai politics, politicians and government officials as the rest of us.

whistling.gif

Use bags with rice for waterbarriers, then use the empty warehouses for the people that have to run for the floods. Sell bottles of floodwater as typical Thai souvenir to the tourists. Then make another annual plan to never ever have floods again.

Let it flood what's the problem. If people are silly enough to live there when they know flooding happens then more fool them - it's their choice.

So where do you suggest that the people from 28 flooded provinces move to?

Higher ground?1zgarz5.gif.pagespeed.ce.GJfs_tQOQ-.gif So sorry, couldn't help myself giggle.gif