BBQ Sauce Recipe

hellyes2oo2

Hi guys I really love bbq spare ribs, all be it in england i only get them from the chinese restaurants. My wife makes the most fantastic thai style ribs, loaded with garlic and other spices, and all my friends who visit from england say that they prefer hers to the chinese ones they get back home. In fact they reckon if she went to england and opened a shop selling them, she would be a millionaire within 2 years ha ha. But I really miss my sticky style ribs, so please someone give me a recipe for a good sauce. Bearing in mind I am just outside sisaket, and only have big c, tesco and makro for ingredients, and that they don't have the same stock as say pattaya and bangkok. thanks in advance for any recipes.

I use this one, give it a try, add some peppers if you prefer it moe spicy.

BARBECUE SAUCE EASY

1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1/2 c. minced onion
3 tbsp. vinegar
2 tbsp. brown sugar
1 c. catsup
2 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
1 tbsp. prepared mustard
1 c. water or beef broth

Brown meat. Pour off drippings.

Combine sauce ingredients. Pour over meat and bake covered until done at 350°F. Baste occasionally with the sauce.

• Like 1

Thanks guys. bunnydrops will ask wife to give me redipe, but she finds it hard to explain somethings.If you are with a thai lady it may be easier for me to get my wife to write it out in thai and i will send it to you.

Can you not ask any Farang restaurant owners in SSK, Surin, Ubon (for instance)???????

Maybe they can help?

Edited by DILLIGAD

In the US there are two distinct styles of BBQ sauce. One is sometimes called "Texas Style" and the other "Memphis Style" which really means Southern style.

The Texas style is a vinegar base and is very good. The Southern style is sweet and sour with vinegar + molasses and brown sugar.

Both are based on tomato sauce and the other flavors. Google will have some recipes and you can tweak it as you make it. I far prefer the Memphis Style, but the Texas style is loved by many. I go a little light on the vinegar and sweet, and then add to taste after it's all mixed. Same with garlic. It needs to be cooked in a pot for about 20 minutes after it comes to a very slow boil, and stirred almost constantly. It will keep a long, long time in the refer, probably due to the low ph?

• Like 1