Moving To Bangkok, Need Advice

Fairybell

Hi all

I am very new to this so excuse me if I have posted this wrong.

I would like some advice on moving to Bangkok. I am currently living in Hong Kong and have a potential opportunity to move to Bangkok. I have three children, two of which will need to go to school. Would appreciate any advice on schooling, general day to day living, shopping???

Does any one know if you can bring domestic helpers across from Hong Kong??

it would help to know what sort of curriculum your kids are undergoing presently as international schools here do offer a diverse range of programs.

are your maids native hong kongers? there may be a way around it as i have a colleague who brought his philipino maids over from manila.

it would help to know what sort of curriculum your kids are undergoing presently as international schools here do offer a diverse range of programs.

are your maids native hong kongers? there may be a way around it as i have a colleague who brought his philipino maids over from manila.

Not sure if I have replied properly but the answer to your question is "Yes" I have a philipino helper and she is absolutely fantastic so I would like to bring her across. Not quite sure if this is an expensive process????

At the moment I have a 9 yo that is going to an ESF (english school foundation) school and I am really impressed with the quality of teaching. I am an Aussie so the standard over in Hong Kong is really high compared to home. My 5 yo will be starting here in August. Do your schools go from August/Sep to June???

Thanks for your helpful replies