Man woke up after long bus-ride"2500$"Gone[Gas?]Thailand

Mangosteen1

Same thing happened to me on a bus from Chiang Mai to Bangkok back in 1983, although I was carrying less money. Working with some bus company employees, they made sure that at departure the perpetrator was seated next to me, the target. I got a pre-drugged drink that did not appear to have been tampered with on a first glance. Woke up in Bangkok with very little money, no passport, and no credit card. The same gang worked for years out of the Montri hotel in Chiang Mai, before finally getting busted.

• Like 1

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What you're looking at here is Ketamine. It penetrates through the skin and will put you in a deep sleep when some is put on your collar.

It is used by veterinarians to make a horse or buffalo sleep, as well as by THE PUBLIC WOMAN on beach road to scam foreigners.

How do you think they are able to transport a buffalo on the back of a pick up without it moving.

This is an informative post, from which I was informed by a Pattaya police officer after a friend of mine was drugged and woke up 2 days thereafter, and doesn't contain any inappropriate language.

im sorry but that is just not possible. till date, there is no compound that is able to sedate one through tropical usage in practical amount. it is just plain ridiculous and hilarious if you think about it. if it is that potent, pp would be collapsing upon direct contact. that would be a bloody godsend for insomnia sufferer though and ketamine abuser would not be snorting them as well, let alone injecting them. or at the very least, it will not be in crystal form and in a extremely diluted dose

besides, a 2 days induced comatose from ketamine will almost always cause a ketamine induced psychosis, is your friend doing well?

What you're looking at here is Ketamine. It penetrates through the skin and will put you in a deep sleep when some is put on your collar.

It is used by veterinarians to make a horse or buffalo sleep, as well as by THE PUBLIC WOMAN on beach road to scam foreigners.

How do you think they are able to transport a buffalo on the back of a pick up without it moving.

This is an informative post, from which I was informed by a Pattaya police officer after a friend of mine was drugged and woke up 2 days thereafter, and doesn't contain any inappropriate language.

im sorry but that is just not possible. till date, there is no compound that is able to sedate one through tropical usage in practical amount. it is just plain ridiculous and hilarious if you think about it. if it is that potent, pp would be collapsing upon direct contact. that would be a bloody godsend for insomnia sufferer though and ketamine abuser would not be snorting them as well, let alone injecting them. or at the very least, it will not be in crystal form and in a extremely diluted dose

besides, a 2 days induced comatose from ketamine will almost always cause a ketamine induced psychosis, is your friend doing well?

Ketamine is an animal tranquilizer that can knock you out, and leave you unconscious and vulnerable.

THE BOTTOM LINE

In some cases, ketamine can make you black out and become unable to move, so you'll feel like you're dead. In other cases, it can make you black out while you continue to be able to move, making you vulnerable to a variety of dangers, including accidents or even assault.

http://www.abovetheinfluence.com/facts/drugsketamine

I don't like the ATM and bank fees, so I carry a few thousand as well. In 9-months, no problem at all. Last trip I had tons of stuff, and the trip before was just one backpack. If you want to go crazy, here is what you can do:

1. talk to people before the bus trip, so maybe they will watch over you

2. be nice to bus driver, overly nice

3. you could pay for someone else to come with you, just to sit next to you

4. have a thai friend also talk to bus driver

5. carry traveler's checks

6. have thai gf call you every 5 minutes.. ah, she will anyhow

7. wear full thai camouflage military gear

8. top secret, cannot disclose at this time.

• Like 1

It is not unusual to carry a lot of cash while traveling from one city to another in Thailand. I was one of those people who had no choice but to carry all my valuable belongings (jewelries, gold chains and cash $5,000+) during traveling in Thailand. I did not feel safe and I always stayed fully alert. I traveled alone and had to rely on buses to travel to other cities. I kept a low profile not to look stand out but the way I dressed and my light skinned complexion that locals could tell that I am not from that area. Criminals most likely target foreigner tourists and even Thai people who look well off.

I once took a risk taking a taxi ride alone at 3 AM. to the former international Don Mueng airport for a return flight home at 6 AM. (Northwest) many years ago. I reserved the taxi prior after I used the service with the same taxi in the afternoon so that I would know the driver was reliable. Nevertheless I still did not feel safe of having to be in a taxi at 3 AM. with valuables and lots of money on me that any bad thing could happen if the driver would rob me.

I do not feel unsafe during traveling with NYC subway at 3 AM and even later hours. which I sometimes have to take a subway home, unlike traveling in Thailand that I fear more of being robbed, raped and killed.

Correction of mistype,

I do not feel unsafe during traveling with NYC subway at 3 AM and even later hours. which I sometimes have to take a subway home, unlike traveling in Thailand that I fear more of being robbed, raped and killed.

should be

I do not feel safe during traveling with NYC subway at 3 AM and even later hours. which I sometimes have to take a subway home, unlike traveling in Thailand that I fear more of being robbed, raped and killed.

• Like 1

My neice from the UK awoke during a night bus trip to Chiang Mai to see something crawling along the aisle.

It was a kid , and he was going thru peoples bags and coat pockets.

She stepped on him when he got near her and yelled for help.

She said he fought like a devil and fled downstairs.

Mysteriously , the driver stopped and let the kid run off.

There was a long delay and the police called because some of the Thai male victims attacked the driver who had been claiming no knowledge of the scam.

He fled as well.

It took 4 hours for another driver to be sourced to continue on.

sounds like a similar scam different bus, the couple who were at it on the border bus did not

exit with all the other travellers, so I presumed it was not a one off but a regular thing.

travei2003 what is copy and paste supposed to imply,or are you pissed?

I read a few posts here and thought about the water they give you.

They have a top that is very well sealed so i doubt it is drugs in the water, but perhaps i am missing something.

I doubt the bus company itself gives out tainted drinking water.

But for about $20-30, you can get set up with a heat sealer, clear shrink tubing and new bottle caps to reseal any plastic bottle that has been opened and tampered with, complete with the little heat shrink plastic "seal of safety".

Seems like a switcheroo would be pretty easy if one were so inclined.

Kind of reminds me to bring my own water...and keep it in my sight at all times.

• Like 1

They have a top that is very well sealed so i doubt it is drugs in the water, but perhaps i am missing something.

I doubt the bus company itself gives out tainted drinking water.

But for about $20-30, you can get set up with a heat sealer, clear shrink tubing and new bottle caps to reseal any plastic bottle that has been opened and tampered with, complete with the little heat shrink plastic "seal of safety".

Seems like a switcheroo would be pretty easy if one were so inclined.

Kind of reminds me to bring my own water...and keep it in my sight at all times.

Good point. thats a rule I try to remind me often. when I order something to drink in the bars. I tell them I like bottled beer. and no glass. A: they open in in front of me. B: I drink.

The monotonous slow driving is enough to put anyone to sleep on those buses.

You must have been on a bus with a puncture. Sebastian Vettel is always driving any I go on smile.png

It all depends if the drivers mate is checking the passengers luggage for anything of valuewink.png

CCC

Or maybe they rifled through his pockets after he passed out and just lucked into it.

It's also been widely reported (not specific to Thailand) that some buses will have people camped out in the luggage compartment to rifle through all the bags while the folks "upstairs" are oblivious.

Another commonly reported trick in China is to stop the bus, let everyone off to pee and buy some water, then drive off after about half the people get on the bus (the savvy half), leaving the rest behind. When they do catch up with the bus, their goods have been stolen.

Lots of ways to separate a traveler, especially a tourist, from their belongings, very few unique to Thailand. Sounds like he did the wise thing keeping the money on his person, but got caught on a flyer by a mickey.

Watch the documentary "Terror in Moscow" to see what they can do with gas. Great idea, poorly followed through.

And to nautilus05, I find it hard to understand people that travel in a foreign country without enough cash on them to get to the nearest airport and buy an outbound ticket in case things go wrong. Credit card is fine under normal circumstances, but hard cash in the form of USD, Pounds or Euro is king when the poop hits the turbine blades.

You might be right about carrying emergency money, but you don't need $2,500 for that.

$300-400 would be enough to get to the airport and buy a ticket to Singapore, a developed and a very safe country.

I wouldn't feel comfortable carrying around $2,500 all the time, it would make me feel very cautious.

Not difficult to push a syringe through either the bottle cap or the wall of the bottle............wink.png

• Like 1

Not difficult to push a syringe through either the bottle cap or the wall of the bottle............wink.png

Reminds me of my old school days. Using syringe to put vodka in to oranges to bring to school events. So much comes in plastic bags here. Could have been in anything.

• Like 1