Sales people Big C klang.

rocky123

Had to buy a new washing machine yesterday. Went to Big C and was looking at a selection. Near by were about 12 persons, I presume are paid to sell stuff. Not one approached me and the Mrs, so we called one over who went off to find another, he just stood without sayin a word, lookin realy bored. Out of the 3 we liked, the guy told us 2 no have other one 2 week wait ! He carried on to say "Go homepro, better" !! Could not believe it, so we dumped our full trolly and left for homepro, where we bought the appliance at a slightly higher price. Even her indoors was shocked at the service. No commision me thinks but still need to move a few items now and then.

Want to find a salesman that is more then willing to help? Just walk in the Car Wax section and your attacked...

It's funny 'cos its true.....

I only went to buy a sponge and ended up leaving with a power-hose + a bucket of other stuff....can't complain, gives me something to do on a Sunday afternoon....

If you want knowledgeable sales staff don't waste your time in a discount store like Big C, go somewhere that has competent employees,like Numchai on Sukumvit

And better follow-up service if needed. Actually I'm guessing follow-up service from Big C is nonexistent .

I bought a cheap bicycle there and the staff was very helpful, when I asked questions , even if my Thai was nit noi .

But a few smiles and using the finger language we worked it out.

Look at it this way. If you buy the washing machine at Big C, the salesman will have to write up the order, check the inventory, fill out the warranty card, do the credit card voucher and arrange for delivery. That's to much like work! However, if you leave and buy it at Home Pro, he can go back to playing some nonsense game on his smart phone.

I like getting ignored better than being followed around like a potential shoplifter. It really annoys me when they try to explain everything about every item i pick up especially when I am just looking around.

I hate being followed around by shop staff, so to me your lack of service is a big plus. It would save me having to be rude and asking them to leave me alone.

• Like 1

Look at it this way. If you buy the washing machine at Big C, the salesman will have to write up the order, check the inventory, fill out the warranty card, do the credit card voucher and arrange for delivery. That's to much like work! However, if you leave and buy it at Home Pro, he can go back to playing some nonsense game on his smart phone.

Candy Crush! Guaranteed.biggrin.png ...got to get to level 485.

Yes, we all like to look at products by ourselves But1!!! -when we do need more information, it seems that a clerk should be alert enough to help the customer. True, there may be a language problem; however, some sales people will direct you to someone that can speak English. I do not expect the entire staff to speak English, but after all a large majority of sales in this expat city is made from farangs. I often wonder if these sales clerks get a commission or even TRAINING. (uh??? what is that?) The way most of them stand around looking at their phones (or pimples in the mirror) I think they just get a standard minimum wage. When I do encounter a good sales clerk, I make sure I tell him/her and if I can the manager.

Went to buy 2 cameras today. Total 50k. I was told the employee with the key to open the display case is on holiday. This was when I pressed to speak with the manager and I speak fluent Thai. I walked out to buy my cams at Central's Best Buy.

Brilliant.

I went to best buy a while ago looking to get GPS, sales person seemed pretty good, gets to the counter with product ahen I'm told its in Thai language only - <deleted>????

Went to buy 2 cameras today. Total 50k. I was told the employee with the key to open the display case is on holiday. This was when I pressed to speak with the manager and I speak fluent Thai. I walked out to buy my cams at Central's Best Buy.

Brilliant.

I went to best buy a while ago looking to get GPS, sales person seemed pretty good, gets to the counter with product ahen I'm told its in Thai language only - <deleted>????

The branch manager sent me this apology note:

post-185099-0-95255600-1381823428_thumb.