Don't know where to post this so here goes

abrokefarang

Hey all. I am about to get kicked out of the house. I have very little money left and nowhere to go. I have at most 10,000 baht or less to restart my life here as my wife wants me gone asap(long story but I am being left without any money). What can I do? I want to know where I can get the cheapest place to sleep for a month(not more than 2k baht a month Thai apartment since I have so little money right now) and get my life back on track while I get some money in my bank account. It's some of my own fault I never saved any money and now I am flat broke here. Yes it's a nightmare but it is reality for me. Where can I go? I cannot afford more than 1-2k for a Thai apartment and a couple thousand MAX for food for the next couple months while I get my financial life back in order.

Oh wow! I'll go make some popcorn, cause this gonna be gud! BRB

Unfortunately not, troll posting like that can be recognized right away like bad movies from the opening scene.

This one is particularly lame and falling for it would just decrease one's reputation on TV.

Edited by paz

Thats the best advice mate go home its no fun in Thailand with no money.

No one will help a farang except a farang. If you have family or friends call them before you sleep on the streets.

I dont know where you are but if you are in a tourist area you have not got much chance with 10,000 baht.

hope you go on all right,

Firstly, if you are legally married to your Thai wife, she cannot just evict you from the matrimonial home, and that`s the law. Even in Thailand if you are not legally married, she has to obtain a court order to evict you.

In your now dire situation you must stand your ground and refuse to leave the home until you are financially stable enough in 2 months (your words) and then will be in a position to seek other separate accommodation from your wife.

You should be able to feed yourself on 5000 baht per month for the next 2 months if you are sensible and careful what you spend.

If for whatever reason your wife no longer wishes to stay one minute longer with you, than I have no doubts she has family or close friends (perhaps even a boyfriend?) in the area whom she can stay with until you get yourself back on your feet, in which you say will be in the next 2 months.

Problem solved, unless you are a troll or there is much more to this than you are letting on?

First, sorry about the misfortune. Second, hopefully your health is good.

OK, IF I was you.......I would do about the only thing farangs can really do in Thailand; teach English. Talk to everyone, say you can re-pay back the TESOL fees, whatever....and just keep contacting as many schools as possible in the entire country. you might end up in a weird place, but better than nothing. and then talk to a guesthouse and see if they can work with you on rent. ah....thinking....talk to farang restaurants about doing some part-time jobs. and maybe even try to get some things from home to sell, if possible...

anyhow, billions of people have it worse than you......so be positive, since being negative won't help your situation.

Hardest part is realizing when your time is up, I'd forget staying in Thailand I can't think of anywhere worse than staying in Thailand with zero money or prospects. Good luck!

Getting poked in the eye with a sharp stick.

I am often surprised by the lack of imagination of people on this forum. Though, to be fair, while I think that being poked in the eye with a sharp stick is worse than winding up in Thailand relatively impecunious, I can't actually imagine what it is like to be poked in the eye with a sharp stick.

I'm not sure which would be worse - to have no friends or relatives upon whose generous mercy one could throw oneself, or to be poked in the eye with a sharp stick. This is for sure a timely reminder that we should not eschew the occasional benefits of spectacles, nor of maintaining one's credit with one's friends and relatives.

For the OP, all I can say is "Cheer up, things could be worse"

SC

EDIT: "So I did, and they were"

Edited by StreetCowboy

Hardest part is realizing when your time is up, I'd forget staying in Thailand I can't think of anywhere worse than staying in Thailand with zero money or prospects. Good luck!

I am often surprised by the lack of imagination of people on this forum. Though, to be fair, while I think that being poked in the eye with a sharp stick is worse than winding up in Thailand relatively impecunious, I can't actually imagine what it is like to be poked in the eye with a sharp stick.

I'm not sure which would be worse - to have no friends or relatives upon whose generous mercy one could throw oneself, or to be poked in the eye with a sharp stick. This is for sure a timely reminder that we should not eschew the occasional benefits of spectacles, nor of maintaining one's credit with one's friends and relatives.

For the OP, all I can say is "

"

SC

EDIT: "

"

"Anywhere" a sharp stick is not a place.

For the OP, all I can say is "Cheer up, things could be worse"

SC

EDIT: "So I did, and they were"

"Anywhere" a sharp stick is not a place.

A fair point

Thatwidbelike Tsim Sha Tsui, orBeachyHeid

But the principle remains, there are always worse things or places to think of, even if we can't imagine them. I reckon Addis Abbaba wealthy would be worse than Sukhumvit skint. But being friendless would be worst of all, because no man is an island, getting back to the geographical theme

I am astonished about some of the comments... I don't think that the OP is a troll. Trolls would embellish their story with things like how bad his wife did treat him, how he is completely innocent, how he has been scammed out of all his money etc etc. OP does neither, he even admits that it's also his fault that he is in that situation now. I assume the OP is known on the forum with another name, but for shame / loss of face opened this new alias for posting his story. Also, OP does not ask for money or help, only for guidance how to find a chep apartment.

OP: For cheap accomodations, just go outside of the city center of what ever place you live in, go to the big apartment blocks and ask the security guy about free rooms. I personally know of people in Pattaya who did find rooms like that - they did travel to Jomtien Soi 12 / 13 where lot of apartment blocks (even newly built) offer studios for less than 1'500 Baht a month (plus water / electricity etc.). Only issue might be that they want a deposit that might be too high for your situation, but it is your best bet. Accomodation should really the least of your problems. For food... 100 Baht per day from 7/11 and street vendors will give you at least the needed food for surviving without starving for the time being until you find a new job.

Edited by Swiss1960
  • Like 1

Got any friends around in Thailand? Maybe to borrow money, but more likely to help you get settled down somewhere else. They might know of local housing (often very cheap in Isaan--maybe rural north, too?). I paid 2000 for a place for a long while and I know there are lots of apartment blocks that have rooms for that price (not always pretty, but dry and a place to sleep). My old place had apartments downstairs that didn't have aircon, but they were nice and went for 2k a month. Get away from BKK and all those places, although I have seen 1,500 a month rooms there, too--really not pretty, but you won't die in them.

Got any Thai taxi friends? They might know...that is where I learned about the 1,500 baht room in BKK from. Hopefully you can speak Thai or you will likely need a friend who can to help you out.

Get your resume out and send send send....even if you don't "qualify" for a teaching job, they will often employ you anyway out in the sticks as long as you have a pulse, look presentable and show up. Now is right when they are looking since the new term is going to start.

Feel free to PM me if you want info on where I am at, but there are others like it. Hard to recommend it since I don't know where you are, but who knows.

Good luck.

As stated 100 baht a day would cover eating essentials, most noodle shops etc are only 30 baht a meal.

Try to hold on to the roof over your head until you can get an alternative, good advice given by "beetle juice" on that.

If people new your location you might get more specific detailed help.

I am astonished about some of the comments... I don't think that the OP is a troll. Trolls would embellish their story with things like how bad his wife did treat him, how he is completely innocent, how he has been scammed out of all his money etc etc. OP does neither, he even admits that it's also his fault that he is in that situation now. I assume the OP is known on the forum with another name, but for shame / loss of face opened this new alias for posting his story. Also, OP does not ask for money or help, only for guidance how to find a chep apartment.

You can be right, but trolling is not always uniform. Personally I think the OP will make, if that much, a 2nd post after a few days saying he's not a troll, this and that happened.. etc. Then he will get bored of it and vanish.

Anyways I think that advising to stay and seek income is not right, first because someone that is dimwittted enough to put himself in a such a situation is not showing to have the right stuff to make it anyway, and second because 10,000 Bt is really too little, without external help, any negative event and you are in deep shit really.

Edited by paz

I read a few times on TV that one can stay for free at temples.

Might give that a try.

Get back to us and confirm.

You can indeed, at least around here in Isaan. Sleeping outside I imagine, but under a roof. For food, you get what is left over after the monks have finished eating. I have heard of mothers with kids doing this. How long you can do this for I don't know.