Anyone Have Real Windows 7 for sale?

KRS1

Anyone have a real copy of Windows 7 for sale, that has been deactivated and free and clear for a new install?

Tired of the authentication alert from the thai version.

No comments about Apple, Ubuntu or Linux being better please.

Why not get the 'Get Genuine Online Kit' that's offered from Microsoft when you get the authentication alert? It's easy and cheaper than buying the the retail version. You are first given an activation key immediately while the genuine disks are shipped to you from Singapore (takes about three weeks). That's what I did! In my case it was shipped via FedEx and there's no VAT or custom fees when it arrives.

• Like 1

Why not get the 'Get Genuine Online Kit' that's offered from Microsoft when you get the authentication alert? It's easy and cheaper than buying the the retail version. You are first given an activation key immediately while the genuine disks are shipped to you from Singapore (takes about three weeks). That's what I did! In my case it was shipped via FedEx and there's no VAT or custom fees when it arrives.

thanks, didnt know they shipped the disc to you.

You can still buy Windows 7 (Eng) from shops like JIB. Home Premium 64 bit sells for 3750 baht.

havent tried there, was at siam tv and they kept on trying to sell me windows 8, i hate windows 8.

• Like 1

Thanks to OP for asking this question and thanks to others for helpful suggestions.

I suffer from the same problem. In my naïveté I had Windows 7 installed when I bought my Samsung laptop in Big C Kampheang Phet back in June. Thought it was the genuine article!!!

Should have known better in the LOS!!

• Like 1

Thanks to OP for asking this question and thanks to others for helpful suggestions.

I suffer from the same problem. In my naïveté I had Windows 7 installed when I bought my Samsung laptop in Big C Kampheang Phet back in June. Thought it was the genuine article!!!

"Should have known better in the LOS!!"

When I bought my computer I asked for a genuine Windows 7 to install and it was totally legit. Why blame LOS for your carelessness?

• Like 1

I've just upgraded 3 computers from Win7 to 8. I should sell off the Windows keys. They were legal MS digital downloads, so you get a legal key, but no DVD, though I could send one if you have trouble with the digital download links.

These are upgrade licenses. You have to install over an existing copy of Windows Vista to upgrade, or if you have XP, you can upgrade to Vista then 7.

Microsoft doesn't really have a de-activation process. When you install, if your motherboard chipset is significantly different from mine, you will get a prompt to contact Microsoft. Just tell them you are upgrading the computer, and they will activate it, and the key number will then be locked to your hardware.

If anyone is interested, PM me so as not to clutter this thread.

Edited by HAL9000

I've just upgraded 3 computers from Win7 to 8. I should sell off the Windows keys. They were legal MS digital downloads, so you get a legal key, but no DVD, though I could send one if you have trouble with the digital download links.

These are upgrade licenses. You have to install over an existing copy of Windows Vista to upgrade, or if you have XP, you can upgrade to Vista then 7.

If you read the details of your license I think you will find that legally you do not have the right to sell these, or even give them away for that matter.

If you read the details of your license I think you will find that legally you do not have the right to sell these, or even give them away for that matter.

Depends on whether they're OEM or full versions. You can do what you want with full versions.

Oh come on!! Sense of humour failure???

I really can not be bothered explaining what the difference is if say I had bought this product from a legit retailer in the UK!! I did not expect to be ripped off in a Big C. If that makes me careless then so be it.

I wish I had as much nouse as you!!!!! 

"Should have known better in the LOS!!"

When I bought my computer I asked for a genuine Windows 7 to install and it was totally legit. Why blame LOS for your carelessness?

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

All the versions on InvadeIT are OEM, the FPP (Retail) version is really worth the extra. I'm sure I saw one somewhere in Chiang Mai the other day, might have been ITCity but I'm not 100% sure.

I think I tried to make the case for Windows 8 in another thread here earlier this year but if you install ClassShell immediately after you've installed Windows 8 you really won't have to suffer that annoying Modern UI and even the charms starts to become something you like. After that you need to install whatever software you use for audio and vido and change the associations to stop Windows opening your media with the Modern UI apps. After that you're pretty much almost back to Windows 7. The Windows 8 Pro upgrade is still only 1750 Bt in SiamTV but listed at £190 GBP or US$ 200 on MS's own sites.

On top of which many tech sites say it starts faster and has other advantages too along with the fact you're going to get Windows 8.1 today or tomorrow.

The easiest solution to your problem is to make a live usb with the Win7 OS you want, and then input the genuine licence key during installation.

The (free) .iso file can be selected from http://forums.mydigitallife.info/threads/14709-Windows-7-Digital-River-direct-links-Multiple-Languages-X86-amp-X64/page60

To make the live usb, you need a small program from here http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msusa/html/pbPage.Help_Win7_usbdvd_dwnTool

You'll need to input the licence key during installation.

One point: you can download the .iso using any OS/browser, but you'll need to create the live usb using windows.

And you'll need to be using a 64bit machine to create a 64bit live usb.

Good luck, AA

I think I tried to make the case for Windows 8 in another thread here earlier this year but if you install ClassShell immediately after you've installed Windows 8 you really won't have to suffer that annoying Modern UI and even the charms starts to become something you like. After that you need to install whatever software you use for audio and vido and change the associations to stop Windows opening your media with the Modern UI apps. After that you're pretty much almost back to Windows 7. The Windows 8 Pro upgrade is still only 1750 Bt in SiamTV but listed at £190 GBP or US$ 200 on MS's own sites.

On top of which many tech sites say it starts faster and has other advantages too along with the fact you're going to get Windows 8.1 today or tomorrow.

I'm inclined to agree. Win8 + Classic Shell is usable and about the only worthwhile thing you lose from Win7 is the "Aero" system of transparent windows. Personally I cant imagine why they removed it as it is quite handy to have. But I cant imagine why they introduced the touch-screen/full-screen Metro interface either.

The Win8 charms however are doomed to be perpetually nasty and pointless as far as I'm concerned. Luckily they can just be ignored with Classic Shell.

For 1750B I think it's a no-brainer though I certainly would not upgrade my existing (legitimate) Win7 until I absolutely have to, which should give me another 5 years or more.

. Luckily they can just be ignored with Classic Shell.

This may be what you meant but in Classic shell advanced settings you can turn off all active corners and then you don't even get the charms appearing when you move the mouse to the right hand side corners. You can still get them using Windows key+c. Windows key+d takes you back to the desktop once you've wandered off somewhere into PC settings or somewhere. At this point I am am just as happy with my Windows 8 netbook as my Windows 7 laptop.

I'm going to be installing Windows 8.1 this weekend so I'll be interested to see what has changed for a classic shell user.

edit

I just updated ClassShell from 3.6.8 to 4.0 and now the start bar looks exactly like Windows 7. :-)

Edited by damole

I just updated ClassShell from 3.6.8 to 4.0 and now the start bar looks exactly like Windows 7. :-)

Can you use Quick Search box in your ClassicShell start menu ?

How about right clicking on start menu items & being able to "open file location"... can you do that too ?

(sorry a bit off-topic)

Edited by RandomSand

Yes and Yes.

I'm not trying to convince anybody of anything but as a programmer myself I am very impressed and if I was Microsoft I would be offering this guy a job.

Edited by damole

What are the full model details of this machine?

I have a 10 x volume licence of windows 7, now how could I make this work without you disclosing the key to all and sundry?

So what is it that you are proposing to do?

All Volume Licenses are upgrades. You cannot legally buy a "naked" PC and attach a volume license to it. You must first buy a full license (typically an OEM license with a new PC purchase) and then use the Volume License to upgrade to the VL version you purchased.

Volume License keys were a source of rampant piracy in the Windows XP era. As a result, all Volume License copies of Windows 7 now have to be activated, using either a Multiple Activation Key or a Key Management Service. The big difference with the latter option (which applies to most large VL customers) is that the activation servers are managed locally by the customer and individual employees don't have to activate using Microsoft's servers.

According to Microsoft, a Windows Upgrade License purchased through a Volume License program is tied to the device to which it is first assigned and may not be reassigned. However, Volume Licensing customers who pay extra for Software Assurance coverage can reassign that coverage (which includes upgrade rights) to an appropriately licensed replacement device.

I have a 10 x volume licence of windows 7, now how could I make this work without you disclosing the key to all and sundry?

So what is it that you are proposing to do?

All Volume Licenses are upgrades. You cannot legally buy a "naked" PC and attach a volume license to it. You must first buy a full license (typically an OEM license with a new PC purchase) and then use the Volume License to upgrade to the VL version you purchased.

Volume License keys were a source of rampant piracy in the Windows XP era. As a result, all Volume License copies of Windows 7 now have to be activated, using either a Multiple Activation Key or a Key Management Service. The big difference with the latter option (which applies to most large VL customers) is that the activation servers are managed locally by the customer and individual employees don't have to activate using Microsoft's servers.

According to Microsoft, a Windows Upgrade License purchased through a Volume License program is tied to the device to which it is first assigned and may not be reassigned. However, Volume Licensing customers who pay extra for Software Assurance coverage can reassign that coverage (which includes upgrade rights) to an appropriately licensed replacement device.

That is not true... they work on a bare bones PC.

although you cant do it with a retail version download it has to be an MSDN download.

Windows 7 ultimate x2 , Windows 7 pro x 10