Bangkok Bank encourages its customers to use more I-banking and ATM

Bangkok Bank encourages its customers to use more I-banking and ATM

BANGKOK, 23 Oct 2013, (NNT) - The Bangkok Bank has encouraged its customers to carry out their financial transactions via its Automated Teller Machines and internet banking service, 'i-Banking'.

According to Dr. Taweelarp Rittapirom, Deputy Managing Director of the Bangkok Bank Public Company Limited, the campaign has been inspired by the modern lifestyle, in which internet and cyber activities play more and more prominent roles in the daily life of every member of the public.

To entice the public to use its online services, the Bank has said its customers who use its interbank transfer services, paying for goods or services as well as topping up their mobile phone s via the Bangkok Bank's ATM or i-Banking, will be eligible to win up to 100,000 baht worth of coupon from Tesco Lotus, which will be given away every month while the campaign lasts. They can also win one of the 500-baht coupons, worth 500 baht each, which will be offered monthly.

The campaign, which lasts for 3 months from now on until year's end, will see 1,503 coupons with a combined value of 1.5 million baht given out.

The campaign is the bank's way of saying thank you to its loyal customers who have been using its 8,300 or so ATMs nationwide as well as its i-Banking services, which, Dr. Taweelarp boasted, are of global standard. It is also a quick and time effective system, which is able to answer every financial need of the modern time.

Fore more information, interested individuals can call the bank's hotline at 1333 or visit its website www.bangkokbank.com.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2013-10-23 footer_n.gif

[...] each machine installed at an actual branch, it reduced the need for tellers by 3 [...]

The machines also reduced losses from errors made by tellers, and reduced the very expensive teller training costs [...]

Therefore banks are considerably reducing their running costs, right? So why is it that they charge you (in France at least, it's personally the only western country where I do experience banking) a fee for i-banking?!!

Fortunately no such thing here ... Good Thai bankers who understand that encouraging their customers is by not charging them!

Bangkok Bank needs to install more ATM's and make sure they are working , on Samui their ATM's are outnumbered , I estimate , by their competitors at 10/1

And to be honest as a long-time BB customer, despite the longer than usual searches for a BB ATM, with regard to card skimming devices and other frauds being committed at ATM's, I am happier that BB's ATM's are scarcer than their competitors. How many threads have been posted here where a customer gets the runaround from the bank and the police when trying to report fraudulent activity?

I used to live in Udon and had 3 ATM's that I regularly used , based on my daily activity. Now I am on the 'dark side', it took less than a week to locate the 3 ATM's that I will use on any regular basis. Apart from having more machines for scammers to bugger with, I think the over abundance of the other banks ATM's can lead to lax security by the user as well.

Bangkok Bank could encourage more people to use I-banking by not charging 10 baht for each payment. Charge people who are borrowing your money more, not charge those who put their money in your bank.

Yeah. It's really a lot of money. Who cares that it saves you the time and effort of having to go outside and find a bank or atm?

• Like 1

Thought I would have a go.

Have had an a/c with BB for over 20 years and no prob however after about 8-9 attempts ....

finally get this..

Sorry, your profile information is not complete. Please contact a Bangkok Bank branch for Bualuang iBanking registration.

For further assistance, please call Bualuang Phone at 1333 or +66 (0) 2645 5555. (-140)

So decided that I don't need it......... Space age indeed.......MPR

I find BB's i-banking service excellent. Way much better than the two banks I deal with in USA. And for the convenience it provides I am happy to pay the minuscule fees ... although for some transactions there is no fee.

I own a little bangkok bank stock, and I thank you (and others like you) very much.

Bangkok Bank's ATM and iBanking are OK. However their automated telephone service (1333) in English really sucks. And sometimes they force you to use it such as completing a Verified by Visa transaction. This could all be done on-line with a final completion code sent by SMS to your phone to be entered on-line.

I never call 1333 unless I absolutely have to because I always have problems with it.

BBL must improve it system, All competitors have now iPhone and Android Apps. for example Krungsri and Kasikorn. Krungsri brilliant with their apps. Kasikorn one step back but still good

BBL don't have anything like this, only old i-banking. 4 years ago was the same. Today too.

Bangkok Bank could encourage more people to use I-banking by not charging 10 baht for each payment. Charge people who are borrowing your money more, not charge those who put their money in your bank.

But they don't charge 10 baht for every payment; apparently it depends on who you are paying and whether the payee absorbs the 10 baht fee vs you paying it. For example I just looked at my ibanking bill payments for the last few months. For the MEA (electric company), TrueOnline (internet) and TOT phone bills I paid a 10 baht fee; but for TrueVisions and DTAC bills I did not pay any fee.

But I expect when paying at a 7-11 store, they charge 10 baht for each and every payment....I only pay my water bill at 7-11 and I get charged the 10 baht but as mentioned since I only pay one bill at 7-11 I can speak to other bills from other companies.

Maybe Dr. Taweelarp Rittapirom, Deputy Managing Director of the Bangkok Bank Public Company Limited, might have better success with this campaign if he instructs his branches that a Work Permit is not required for Internet Banking for foreigners.

Branches that are not in a tourist area are still under the impression that all foreigners in the KIngdom have work permits. An old rule that requires a code over-ride that most branches are not aware of

I was a banker in the US when the first ATM was introduced by our bank. It was the first ATM I ever saw or heard of (until I later learned that all farangs are ATM's.) Its advertised purpose was to give customers 24/7 access to cash and a few other banking services. It was all for the good of the customer, so the ads said. Of course, they are handy.

But what was proven internally was that for each machine installed at an actual branch, it reduced the need for tellers by 3. Instead of people waiting for what was then short "bankers' hours" to do transactions at the teller's window, they did it at all hours, and even preferred the machine to a live teller once they were used to it.

The machines also reduced losses from errors made by tellers, and reduced the very expensive teller training costs.

Online banking is the same for the bank. It requires no human intervention by the bank, and it reduces errors. The customer sits at his computer and does the bank's work, reducing the number of employees again.

Of course I think this is all good for the customers too and once used to it all, few of us would go back.

(Heck, I'm so <deleted> old that I remember when banks didn't have computers and all bookkeeping was done manually with the help of special machines. I remember when BankAmericard first came out, later to be named Visa, and was soon challenged by MasterCard.)

But then it's only been 30 years since Windows was introduced to the public, and it ran off 2 5 1/4" floppy disks and required 192 Kilobytes of RAM. There was no hard disk to install it on. Windows 1.0

But I digress...tongue.png

It also creates jobs for people who make and service ATM machines. Online banking has lots of human intervention from computer programmers, who are paid to build and run the system.To progress as a society we need to create better jobs, not have everyone doing menial jobs just for the sake of it. Less bank tellers counting cash all day, more IT people, ATM designers, etc. Opens up countless jobs in ecommerce as well. Yes,jobs are lost, but so are jobs created. To take the UK as an example, employment is now at an all-time high. The luddites would still have has working manually in fields just to preserve the jobs.

I was a banker in the US when the first ATM was introduced by our bank. It was the first ATM I ever saw or heard of (until I later learned that all farangs are ATM's.) Its advertised purpose was to give customers 24/7 access to cash and a few other banking services. It was all for the good of the customer, so the ads said. Of course, they are handy.

But what was proven internally was that for each machine installed at an actual branch, it reduced the need for tellers by 3. Instead of people waiting for what was then short "bankers' hours" to do transactions at the teller's window, they did it at all hours, and even preferred the machine to a live teller once they were used to it.

The machines also reduced losses from errors made by tellers, and reduced the very expensive teller training costs.

Online banking is the same for the bank. It requires no human intervention by the bank, and it reduces errors. The customer sits at his computer and does the bank's work, reducing the number of employees again.

Of course I think this is all good for the customers too and once used to it all, few of us would go back.

(Heck, I'm so <deleted> old that I remember when banks didn't have computers and all bookkeeping was done manually with the help of special machines. I remember when BankAmericard first came out, later to be named Visa, and was soon challenged by MasterCard.)

But then it's only been 30 years since Windows was introduced to the public, and it ran off 2 5 1/4" floppy disks and required 192 Kilobytes of RAM. There was no hard disk to install it on. Windows 1.0

Yes and your point is .....?

But I digress...tongue.png

If they made it a bit eaier to change my registered mobile phone number, I probably would. Trouble is, I now have two accounts with them, in different provinces, with different phone numbers, and so changing phone numbers has become something beyond any computer Bangkok Bank own. Therefore, I cannot receive the security code, cannot add a new payee, cannot use the service.

Call customer services - can only be done in branch. Go to branch, can only be done by post. Fill in form, phone number never changes. I can't be the only person in this situation, surely?

[...] each machine installed at an actual branch, it reduced the need for tellers by 3 [...]

The machines also reduced losses from errors made by tellers, and reduced the very expensive teller training costs [...]

Therefore banks are considerably reducing their running costs, right? So why is it that they charge you (in France at least, it's personally the only western country where I do experience banking) a fee for i-banking?!!

Fortunately no such thing here ... Good Thai bankers who understand that encouraging their customers is by not charging them!

I think we would be shocked at how expensive banking would be today if there weren't ATMs and online banking. If every bank had to provide you with a teller, and a building and equipment large enough to house all of those tellers, and the ongoing training with turnover, we'd have to pay for it.

Banking is a bargain today. I don't think checking or savings costs to the customer have risen at all in 30 years!!

Back in the day before computers when all work was done manually in the bank, the hours were short so the employees could get the bookkeeping etc. done. That's why they called it 'bankers' hours.'

The tellers had to get the checks and deposit slips and sort them manually into each customer's file. Then at the end of the month when the statements were printed by the bookkeeping machines, the tellers had to "pay" (verify) every check and deposit against the statements, put it all in a window envelope and seal it for mailing. The word "pay" was used because at that moment the check was considered paid.

Now banks can be open longer hours because computers and reader/sorters do the work. I remember when there was no MICR encoding on the bottom of the checks, which computers now read. All routing and sorting was done by hand and accounts were kept by the alphabetizing of the customers' names. This was in the very early 70's!!!!

We're getting a real bargain due to ATMs and online banking.

I was a banker in the US when the first ATM was introduced by our bank. It was the first ATM I ever saw or heard of (until I later learned that all farangs are ATM's.)

The world's very first ATM was installed outside Barclays Bank in Enfield Town in 1967.

I use Bangkok bBank for my THAI business and my BOI business. I also use WESTPAC an Asutralian bank for my Australian operations.

Now little things like paying people or making transfers to pay bills using Ibanking costs me 20 baht per transaction and 20 baht per person if doing payroll and I have 8 on the payroll so 160 baht per payroll transaction. Not much? This is about $5.50 Australian .

Let me explain...

In Australia I pay over $15,000 in fees each year to my beloved bank so they can give DONATIONS to charities but they omit my name.... Not their money, MINE and others they donate.

It costs me just 6 cents ( .58baht) per INTERNET BANKING transaction and 20 cents (5.8 baht) for payroll no matter how many people on the payroll transactioon... so I can do 8 people on the ONE transaction not each person counted as a transaction as it is in Thailand.

So the BANK is Thanking people for making their profits HUIGE ... nothing more. RIP OFF!!!

Bangkok Bank's ATM and iBanking are OK. However their automated telephone service (1333) in English really sucks. And sometimes they force you to use it such as completing a Verified by Visa transaction. This could all be done on-line with a final completion code sent by SMS to your phone to be entered on-line.

I never call 1333 unless I absolutely have to because I always have problems with it.

I don't understand that at all. I find 1333 an absolutely excellent service, as is also the case with other big Thai companies that are up to date such as True. The amount of personal service you get from staff who speak quite good English is phenomenal. There can't be many other countries where the expat life is made so easy by English language telephone services.

I don't understand that at all. I find 1333 an absolutely excellent service, as is also the case with other big Thai companies that are up to date such as True. The amount of personal service you get from staff who speak quite good English is phenomenal. There can't be many other countries where the expat life is made so easy by English language telephone services.

In response to your opinion I would first like to say I am over 80 with failing eyesight, shaky hands and an inability to stay focused for very long.

I find on-line data entry ideal since I can study the questions, get information required, respond at my own slow speed, review my entries, go back and correct without having to retype an entire field and then, when I am completely ready, click on the submit field.

If I have made errors, the filled form is redisplayed with the errors indicated. I only have to correct those errors, and re-submit. I do not have to start all over.

BB 1333 services offers none of these features. If I screw up I am back to calling 1333 again on my baht. No 800 service at BB.

Their huge automated menu is difficult to understand due to poor spoken English. They could at least use native English speakers to record the menu options.

When I finally get to the correct option (after calling 1333 several times), and finding out what I think they want ( again poor English), they do not give me enough time to key in a 10 digit account or a 16 digit Visa card number using my shaky hands on a tiny Nokia mobile phone keypad.

If I make a mistake, it's start all over again on my baht.

I hope they read my above comments and take steps to improve the service or, hopefully, move the entire process to optional on-line entry.

• Like 1

I remember using an early BofA ATM machine in California in the late 1980's. It had a compartment where the withdrawn cash was dropped and a door panel lifted. Except one time I heard the cash go through but the door panel didn't lift. I stood there dumbfounded for a few moments and then banged the door with my palm. It lifted and there was about $500 in there from all the previous transactions where the door had jammed. I went into the bank branch the next day and straightened it all out but they said they would have figured out that I was the one who finally got the door to lift.