How do foreigners find loansharks in Bangkok

benjamin0909

I know it's not a good idea to get to a loanshark. But I don't have any other choices. I used to have lots of friends over here. But when I had a bad period of time months back, 'friends' I had before all disappeared. Tried asking them for a loan and everyone has their own reasons. I do not even know where to find a loan shark. I do not have any family. They are not around anymore. Im 24. Please kindly help me out on any advise or ways I could solve my problems. Thank you all

I would prefer finding out solutions in bangkok. I live in the Ngamwongwan area. I've never seen any guys on bikes as you mentioned around my area though. My plans with the money is to use it to work, I need to get my life back up. Thank you all. I appreciate it very much.

How do you use money to work?

I work online sir. I am gonna use it to buy thai buddhist amulets and sell it over to Singapore and Malaysia where there is a great market for it. And I can make a nice,tidy profit.

Are you on overstay?

Yes sir. The truth I am. I do not have anywhere else I can go.

Nobody will lend you money and let you keep your passport!

Think to yourself, would you lend a foreigner money when you could simply be paying for his flight home never to be seen again.

What sort of money are you talking about? Loan sharks are a very very bad idea, do you have anything you could pawn instead?

I am sure there is not many people/businesses out there willing to loan a tourist money with I am assuming zero assets to speak of. Only sensible option I can give you is to loan from a friend or family member if you are so sure you can make the repayments. 40-50k baht is not too much.

Why not go to the amulet dealers, tell them you can help them sell the amulets at no charge to them. Take pictures of the amulets and post the pictures online with your asking price. When you get a buyer set up the transaction with you as the middle man. Get your asking price from customer and commission from dealer. Dealer or you post the amulet to buyer. You have the contacts and the web knowledge, the dealer has the amulets and the customer has the money. No loan shark, no fuss no muss.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Why not go to the amulet dealers, tell them you can help them sell the amulets at no charge to them. Take pictures of the amulets and post the pictures online with your asking price. When you get a buyer set up the transaction with you as the middle man. Get your asking price from customer and commission from dealer. Dealer or you post the amulet to buyer. You have the contacts and the web knowledge, the dealer has the amulets and the customer has the money. No loan shark, no fuss no muss.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Good plan, basically it's dropshipping and your only cost is the time to do the marketing. If it doesn't work out, you have no stock to pay for and no debts to pay. If it does, you get the commission and you didn't need to pay interest on a loan. You do not need to buy stock for the business you describe - you are the middle man.

Don't look for a loan shark, you could end up with some very, very serious problems. Guaranteed they will set you up for a scam if you use it to buy stock ('my friend is interested in your amulets'), and put you well into the hole.

Edited by rwdrwdrwd

Over stayer, no money, loan sharks, Buddhist amulet business and need money to work, twenty-four years old and little idea.

Which bit are we meant to attack?

The fact that he's already burned everyone he knows and his bridges, and now he's looking to strangers.