PM Yingluck orders top brass to brief troops on Preah Vihear

webfact

The spokesman said the Army was instructed to coordinate with the Foreign Ministry and the Royal Thai Police, and update them on the issues that were of concern to people living near the temple on the Thai-Cambodian border

Some thing tells me that the people living there would just as soon she take her Army and put it where the sun dosen't shine. The same for the Cambodian Prime Minister and his army.

They were happy with the way things were.

It was only the yellow shirts in a desperate attempt to stay meaningful that brought it to the point it is now.

She should be making arrangements with the Cambodians no matter what the decision is to make it a joint undertaking.

I think you'll find her brother has already made the necessary arrangements with his former employer in Cambodia.

• Like 1

The same army which shot first and thought 2nd, when gunning down unarmed protesters at Kru Sae. Awhile later and nearby, the same army shoved over 100 protesters in idling flatbed trucks, like cordwood, and took a few hours to decide where to take their prisoners. After a few hours ride, the trucks were unloaded. Nearly 100 of the young Muslim men had suffocated to death. Perhaps we shouldn't expect any better from top brass who pay for promotions, rather than get promoted for intelligence and skills.

I wonder what Hun Sen is thinking right now. Hmmm, too much opposition to me out in the streets, might need to start a little distracting war. Thailand looks nice today, think I'll invade it.

Just been glancing at the PP Post website and came across this little gem in a story:

"Col Thanasak Mitpanont, chief of the 11th Special Unit of the Thai militarys Saranaree Task Force, said that he instructed his soldiers to install loudspeakers so that the Thai military could communicate with the Cambodian forces, according to a report yesterday in the Bangkok Post."

Anyone got an unwanted mobile they could lend the Thai army? Prepaid SIM, of course.

I wonder what Hun Sen is thinking right now. Hmmm, too much opposition to me out in the streets, might need to start a little distracting war. Thailand looks nice today, think I'll invade it.

Just been glancing at the PP Post website and came across this little gem in a story:

"Col Thanasak Mitpanont, chief of the 11th Special Unit of the Thai militarys Saranaree Task Force, said that he instructed his soldiers to install loudspeakers so that the Thai military could communicate with the Cambodian forces, according to a report yesterday in the Bangkok Post."

Anyone got an unwanted mobile they could lend the Thai army? Prepaid SIM, of course.

What about a few pigeons instead? Much more reliable than Thai telecoms.

I'll even lend them my top bird if they want,.... Speckled Somchai.

thumbsup.gif

Wont make any difference, this is only a distraction.

The real deals will have been done over the marine border where there is all that lovely oil and gas.

Hun Sen and his old 'advisor' will have sorted that out in their meetings in Cambodia and there will already be some nice safe tax free places for the billions to be stored.