Electric Hair Trimmers

sunoco27

There is a hairdressers/barbers supply shop very close to Riders Corner on the inner moat road. I am sure they have both good electric clippers and some great scissors too.

The last time I was there I saw Wahl brand which I think are one of the better if not best and most reliable brands

Good luck

Edited by CMKiwi

There is a hairdressers/barbers supply shop very close to Riders Corner on the inner moat road. I am sure they have both good electric clippers and some great scissors too.

The last time I was there I saw Wahl brand which I think are one of the better if not best and most reliable brands

Good luck

Wahl are Very good, mine are 12 years old next month, used often as have 8 dogs that need attention most weeks..

for my hair have Philips, hair cut maybe every 5 - 6 weeks and not a lot of hair to start with, no problem and far cheaper only appears they need the blades sharpened as often as the Wahl that is use far more.

I've been cutting my own hair for the past 10 years using electric clippers I bought at Kad Suan Kaew. Can be used with or without cord, came with three double-sided length attachments, oil, scissors, and brush. It's one of the dirt-cheap Chinese models sold by the little kiosk in the doorway between the outside parking lot and the side basement entrance. Probably cost about 500 baht, but after 10 years, who knows? All I remember was that it was cheap and still works perfectly.

Go for those ... I'm still using Wahl clippers I bought in 1983. I need clipper oil though, I must check this place out to see if they sell it there.

I've seen clippers for sale at the back of Pantip plaza at the store in the far right corner on the ground floor also.

I once brought a cheap set of cordless clippers. More like timmers that you use for sideburns and the like. Iniially I thought they were quite good but then the battery started to fail in holding its charge for any length of time and they never really cut that well. It was more like a combination of cutting and plucking at your hair. Not a pleasant experience. Now I stick to brands I know (Although you can never guarantee if they are 'real' and not copies here).

Sometimes you can find a real bargain amongst the cheapies... luck of the draw I suppose. But I never trust cheap booze, especially in the Tachilek market.... nasty stuff. And a hangover from hell. Learnt my lesson quickly

Good salon about 100m east of the Chan Phuak turn off (outer moat road)... pink place, the old Velocity bike shop used to be next door. They have the Wahl Pro there (imported from US) for around 1600 baht... also cheapos but don't waste your money. This place also does the blade oil in larger bottles for about 30 baht.

There is a big cosmetics shop in the middle of Wororot Market, not sure of the name of the soi, but it is next to a small soi full of food vendors. They have a good range of hair dressing accessories, hair clippers etc.

I found when the clippers start to get a bit blunt try spraying the blades with deodorant spray, then oiling them. The deodorant seems to clean them really well and they cut like new again. biggrin.png