Any Hotel Owners on this forum?

hammered70

now you're offering advice for free.

if you'd done this in the first place, you wouldn't have made yourself look like a fool.

remind us again, was it just the 3 rooms in your 'shotel' ??

No, actually its just 1, yet still better than living off pension

PS, Did not realize common sense was "advice"

talk about living the dream......

and your problem with that is....?

Clearly you are a bigger businessman, no advice to OP?whistling.gif

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes i am sure the book has it correct, not the real peoplethumbsup.gif

Anyhow, back to the topic at hand. So would you care to share your BUSINESS experience? hopefully the real life not what you read in the books

There is a book? I imagine they actually knew the correct names of the person..and the siblings. Let me know the title and I'll keep an eye out for a copy for you clap2.gif

the sad part is you actually think you smartfacepalm.gif

I guess nothing on the topic?whistling.gif

You think I am smart giggle.gif

Lemoncake, from your posting style, I believe that one of your best qualities is your ability to make others look so good wai.gif

• Like 2

Anyhow, back to the topic at hand. So would you care to share your BUSINESS experience? hopefully the real life not what you read in the books

There is a book? I imagine they actually knew the correct names of the person..and the siblings. Let me know the title and I'll keep an eye out for a copy for you clap2.gif

Lemoncake, from your posting style, I believe that one of your best qualities is your ability to make others look so good wai.gif

The usual off topic drivel

Who cares what you believe

Anything topic related?

Edited by lemoncake

LOL.....

Do you rent one of his rooms?

Sorry, another assumption.

Would you look at that, another poster who happens to start posting today and also so happens in the same thread as OP and just as another coincidence in OP's supportw00t.gif alt=w00t.gif>

Not in OP's support, just against your smartass reply in the first instance.

By the way, how much for your expert per hour business advice?

I think all the OP wanted was an approximate cost of utilities and Wifi to obtain an approximate Standard Cost per Room to work out Profit versus Cost.....

Pretty normal thing to ask and something you can't just assume?

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Exactly, not hard to figure...well it is for just a couple in here, 1 in particular.

OP don't bother with any advice Lemoncake may give you, this is a Hotel owner who advertises on Thai Visa but has said on more than one occasion that Thai Visa posters are not the sort of people he likes as guests at his Hotel

Very strange business logic

OP don't bother with any advice Lemoncake may give you, this is a Hotel owner who advertises on Thai Visa but has said on more than one occasion that Thai Visa posters are not the sort of people he likes as guests at his Hotel

Very strange business logic

I advertise on Thaivisa? Really? care to show where?

So the poor OP is made fun of by some for not knowing how much electric, water or internet may cost and then also makes fun of their wives for not being able to make a phone call.

Well, I also would not know how much electricity and water and an internet system would cost for a hotel, so if I wanted to know, I would ask. Because you know how much your electricity costs at your condo or home, does not equate to a hotel. Seems logical to ask for some information on this.

That one poster feels the need to charge by the hour for such info, probably says more about his own business than anything else and as another poster eludes above, seems he has a poor hotel himself somewhere with no guests. Not the ideal model to garner info I would think.

like many on here, newbies as well as seasoned posters, you are making unsubstantiated ASSumptions

only ASSes make ASSumptions

Do you rent one of his rooms?

Sorry, another assumption.

Would you look at that, another poster who happens to start posting today and also so happens in the same thread as OP and just as another coincidence in OP's supportw00t.gif

Hey mister business man, I started posting a few days ago, get it right if that is your main argument.

You have stated on here before that you advertise here Lemoncake but you refuse to name your Hotel on any posts you make.

, why would i refuse to name the hotel??

maybe cos.... its 3 rooms above a shop and... cool.png its rundown, in a low rent part of town....

give us a link to your website, so we can judge for ourselves....

Edited by properperson

1. its irrelevant how many rooms i have

2. Its none of your business how many rooms i have

3. Something with 3 rooms can hardly be called a hotel by definition(surely you can read it up, as you do with most things)

errr....actually, 3 rooms could be called a 'Hotel by definition' laugh.png . Luckily I can read it up and not look foolish. rolleyes.gif

Hotel noun

I was told by some friends that people on here were helpful and friendly. All I was wanting was some info ref electricity,water,internet costs, best suppliers etc.would of happily taken someone out for a meal etc as payback and hopefully made a friend also. Didn't expect an immediate flaming! Just wondering seeing as you are all advanced members. Do you do this to every newbies post? Must make you feel really big and clever. Congratulations....

Dear future business owner. I truly wish the best to you regarding to your future plans to find a hotel. However if you are looking for friendly, helpful people, I suggest you look elsewhere. The forum itself, Thaivisa is an awesome, cool, very helpful thing and is able to help you out in many ways but most of the misguided, bitter, sorry ass members are going to give you what you have got so far..flaming and useless nonsense.

Dont believe me? Just look at the shit I am going to get for this comment.

Could not agree more. What a bitchfest; I bet the OP wishes he never started the topic. Looks like he's given up and gone off somewhere else and who can blame him.

• Like 1

"Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain"

I love these threads, just want to break out a new Chang/Singha wifebeater (depending on my mood), crack a tinny and watch the replies roll in...

If the OP decides to come back, he'll have garnered a bit of intel from lemoncake - if he can read between the rest of the drivel - and not have had the "pleasure" of his actual company, nor have to pay for a meal etc to be subjected to it..

Lemoncake - Hope you invoice the OP for your time :P pro-forma invoices and such...

What's the OP's decision behind investing in Pattaya?

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I was told by some friends that people on here were helpful and friendly. All I was wanting was some info ref electricity,water,internet costs, best suppliers etc.would of happily taken someone out for a meal etc as payback and hopefully made a friend also. Didn't expect an immediate flaming! Just wondering seeing as you are all advanced members. Do you do this to every newbies post? Must make you feel really big and clever. Congratulations....

Dear future business owner. I truly wish the best to you regarding to your future plans to find a hotel. However if you are looking for friendly, helpful people, I suggest you look elsewhere. The forum itself, Thaivisa is an awesome, cool, very helpful thing and is able to help you out in many ways but most of the misguided, bitter, sorry ass members are going to give you what you have got so far..flaming and useless nonsense.

Dont believe me? Just look at the shit I am going to get for this comment.

+ 1clap2.gif

• Like 1

You have stated on here before that you advertise here Lemoncake but you refuse to name your Hotel on any posts you make.

Hahaha Fruitcake could never reveal his Hotel on here.

Can you imagine him trying to run a business thread on an online forum as some do, promoting his business, dealing with complaints, customer service etc etc.

Some are very successful in promoting their businesses, Hotels, Restaurants, Bars etc on the various online Pattaya forums.

He would not last 5 minutes and would no doubt be even more destructive to his business than he is in the real world, at least he is only pissing off the few customers he actually has, rather than 100's or 1000's of potential customers online.

I have been a frequent visitor and observer here over the last nine years. In my second year I almost bought an internet shop, one of the larger bars that had a lot of decent cash flow and a small 8 room beer bar hotel combination. I also have talked to several owners both current and past. The bottom line is the profit margin is not huge. I would say the first requirement is to have one or two rooms for the extended Thai family and relatives that will probably move in. Nothing necessarily wrong with that. Having somebody on site can be a help when there are issues. But I have also stayed in some of the smaller hotels and the babies and people hanging around and the constant kitchen use and odors can be a turn off for some guests. Try to find a way to isolate some of that I think would be a good compromise. The Thai culture will expect the family members that have something to share it with the others.

I never got all the details on graft, corruption, health inspectors, DVD "police" , Trash collection, and other less savory things that aren't in the standard owner manuals.. Unfortunately those are real concerns here just as similar things were in America with our two family restaurants.

I'm thinking of coming to Pattaya for a couple of days next week. I heard there was a hotel/room/lounge/floor/garage that a certain member here rents out.

Hear he is such a charmer and makes everyone feel so welcome. Any suggestions?

I'm thinking of coming to Pattaya for a couple of days next week. I heard there was a hotel/room/lounge/floor/garage that a certain member here rents out.

The immigration cells might be more friendly and accommodating.

• Like 1

Hahaha Fruitcake could never reveal his Hotel on here.

Can you imagine him trying to run a business thread on an online forum as some do, promoting his business, dealing with complaints, customer service etc etc.

Some are very successful in promoting their businesses, Hotels, Restaurants, Bars etc on the various online Pattaya forums.

He would not last 5 minutes and would no doubt be even more destructive to his business than he is in the real world, at least he is only pissing off the few customers he actually has, rather than 100's or 1000's of potential customers online.

Good to see you understand target markets and marketing segments.

One might start to believe that forums is the it for business or that you may even have some sort of cluerolleyes.gif

But carry on regardless, thumbsup.gif

I know that guy his name is Basil (Lemoncake) Fawlty.clap2.gif

Den

• Like 2

Den

cheesy.gif and yet another clueless troll

Den

a few posts ago dear old Den was advocating that we should:

'''Cut the OP some slack and be a bit more neighbourly I say.

Den'''

Yet a few short hours later Den he has enjoined with the Lemoncake bashers group and is taking the piss out of him with everyone else

internet flash TV mob mentality at its best.........