Shark Helmets warranty repair in Thailand?

sup3r1or

Hi,

When I was in Chiang mai picked up Shark S600 helmet. Asked about warranty was given official shark card that came with helmet to register online for warranty. Helmet was great until few days ago I reached to open top air intake and noticed the vent cover (big one grey color) on top of the helmet is gone. It must have flown off while I was driving.

Anyone knows where to get it fixed (checked ebay cant find that cover) since I have warranty why not use it, just dont know where to send or go who to contact.

Thank you.

PROCEDURE

When the helmet is sold the warranty card comprising all the information must be filled out and returned to SHARK SA by the purchaser.

All warranty claims must be made to the SHARK dealer that sold the helmet.

For a warranty claim to be considered, the purchaser must notify the dealer of the problem that has arisen, and return the helmet that is the subject of the claim, together with the warranty card filled out when the helmet was purchased.

The present warranty is valid solely in member states of the European Union. This warranty does not affect in any way the statutory rights of the purchaser as stipulated by directive 1999/44CE.

http://www.shark-helmets.com/app/garantie/conditions.asp

Positive review:

http://tampasportbikes.com/forum/showthread.php?51928-Review-of-Shark-Helmets-Warranty!!

Air vents in helmets do not "fly off" when riding. They are designed specifically to stay in place, even in high speeds.

However, SHARK helmet vents are notorious for breaking from a slight bump. You do not have to drop the helmet, a small sideways bump to a tabletop or bike handlebar in an convenient angle will break the vent (made from too hard and fragile plastic?) and then it will fall off.

I dropped my Shark Evoline from about 1ft (30 cm) from the ground, and the vent on the chinbar broke right off, went to about 5 pieces and was impossible to repair. Was not covered by warranty because the helmet was dropped.

You can try to negotiate with the reseller, but unless they have a replacement part, it may not yield any result.

I would call Shark direct and speak to a real person and ask if you can buy a new plastic bit or two because yours fell off.

If you find the right person chances are they will put two in an envelope and send them to you.

• Like 1

Bought mine from a helmet shop in CM they had loads of other brands as well. My other problem is rust on all metal parts.

Who do I contact? I will try the shop today, just dont want to send them helmet and then wait god knows how long.