Insomnia In LOS?

klubex99

....get some Melatonin.....

...3mg......

..all natural...

...does not disrupt R.E.M.....as a matter of fact...it will enhance your sleep....you will sleep like a baby....and have vivid dreams.....

...take 2 hours before you would like to sleep....

.....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz......

• Like 1

...3mg......

..all natural...

...does not disrupt R.E.M.....as a matter of fact...it will enhance your sleep....you will sleep like a baby....and have vivid dreams.....

I used this, sub-lingual, to great effect in the States, cycling it.

Here, the product I bought was probably fake. Zero effect. Nada.

But then, maybe I was not sleeping, because I was worrying about my finances, after having spent 1700% more for it here.

• Like 1

...3mg......

..all natural...

I agree, it is great. Another one but not so natural is trazedone but you can only take it once or twice a week. It is an anti depressant.

• Like 1

I take zolam, haven't read about the long term effects but I can count on 10 fingers how many times I've had an 8 hour sleep in the 15 years I'm here.

Why on earth do you take it then?

Xanax is a highly addictive dangerous drug. Dependence occurs and you need more to get an effect. It is the worst of the benzodiazepine family family.

I took diazepam when in my early years here - maye 1--20 mg a day. After a couple of years I was taking 200mg a day.

Coming off this drug is harder than coming off heroin/alcohol, especially Xanax as it has a very short half-life. There is something called Benzodiazepine withdrawal syndrome.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benzodiazepine_withdrawal_syndrome

I found the worst were - depersonalization,aches and pains, derealization, palpitations, anxiety, panic attacks, and confusion.

Another thing with this drug - it makes you a zombie. When you stop taking it it is like being reborn and you realize that you can't remember anything about the years you took it. Withdrawals lasted up for 3 years in myself, the worst lasted about 6 months - 1 year. And that was doing a slow taper off it. Cold turkey is a total nighmare and can cause convulsion and seizures and death.

Stay well away from this drug and stay well away from most Thai doctors as they hand the pills out like smarties.

Aha! So that's waht happened to the last 10 years of my life. I knew there was a reason I couldn't remember a damn thing. Did I have a good time? Did I make it with a ladyboy? I would ask someone but its probably better I don't know.

Really though. I have seen people zombified by long term use of Zanax and booze. Zanax is only suposed to be used for 2 weeks max- People eat it like candy here.

• Like 1

I take zolam, haven't read about the long term effects but I can count on 10 fingers how many times I've had an 8 hour sleep in the 15 years I'm here.

Xanax is a highly addictive dangerous drug. Dependence occurs and you need more to get an effect. It is the worst of the benzodiazepine family family.

I took diazepam when in my early years here - maye 1--20 mg a day. After a couple of years I was taking 200mg a day.

Coming off this drug is harder than coming off heroin/alcohol, especially Xanax as it has a very short half-life. There is something called Benzodiazepine withdrawal syndrome.

I found the worst were - depersonalization,aches and pains, derealization, palpitations, anxiety, panic attacks, and confusion.

Another thing with this drug - it makes you a zombie. When you stop taking it it is like being reborn and you realize that you can't remember anything about the years you took it. Withdrawals lasted up for 3 years in myself, the worst lasted about 6 months - 1 year. And that was doing a slow taper off it. Cold turkey is a total nighmare and can cause convulsion and seizures and death.

Stay well away from this drug and stay well away from most Thai doctors as they hand the pills out like smarties.

"Stay well away from this drug and stay well away from most Thai doctors as they hand the pills out like smarties."

The production and abusive dispensing of these sorts of drugs is primarily in the west. The doctors who kept Michael Jackson and so many other celebrities chemically dependent were not Thai. Handing out Ritalin or other drugs to children to control their behavior is not a Thai thing.

Aside from that, one has to take some personal responsibility for what one does and not always blame others. If a doctor gives you something, especially in the Internet age, there's no excuse for just taking it without checking on its side effects. I've found the Thai doctors I've dealt with to be far less free with dispensing meds than they are in the west, but just because someone wearing a white coat hands me some happy pills doesn't mean I'm going to just scarf them down.

TheDrugPusher.jpg

The docs in the West hand them out for money, the doctors here do so out of ignorance. NO doctor in the west will give benzodiazepines for sleep or anxiety, for example to alcoholics or those with a history of drug abuse. Here, they are 30 years behind in medicine, esp. with alcohol and substance abuse. One chief psychiatrist told me that it was safe to take Rivotril and that as I hadn't drank for 5 years, I could drink a couple of beers a week!

People here don't question their doctors like in the West.

If I could give you 10 likes I would.

This drug is highly controlled in the west and is absolutely habit forming and extreme withdrawl, a large percentage of patients who are unable to wean themselves are often placed on methadone. It is not a happy path and posting it's use is reckless.

The only plus about "Methadone" is that it is a legal drug, that does not give you a rush like Heroin, It is given to addicts as an treatment in the detoxification of an Heroin addict,

The down side of methadone is that it takes 28 days to kick the physical dependence of methadone , while the physical dependence of Heroin can be kicked in 6 days

Notice I only addressed the easiest part of detoxification the physical dependence, the hardest part is the psychological dependence to the drug can last for years. Many are never able to completely kick their drug habit.

I is not a good idea to self medicate your insomnia, by introducing a possible drug habit to your problems!

Think wisely, Good luck:

Cheers:smile.png

• Like 1

I wonder how long the list of potential health hazards would be if you offered up your decision to drink alcohol every day.

Xanax is the most widely prescribed psychiatric drug in the US with over 50m prescriptions per year so I feel the dangers stated are somewhat overstated. I was prescribed Xanax some years ago suffering from symptoms not dissimilar to your own and did not become addicted or zombified as a result.

This isn't a place for diagnosing or recommending although I did want to offer up some balance to these horror stories and share my own experience. I found it invaluable against anxiety and insomnia - an old problem from a previous life.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I wonder how long the list of potential health hazards would be if you offered up your decision to drink alcohol every day.

Xanax is the most widely prescribed psychiatric drug in the US with over 50m prescriptions per year so I feel the dangers stated are somewhat overstated. I was prescribed Xanax some years ago suffering from symptoms not dissimilar to your own and did not become addicted or zombified as a result.

This isn't a place for diagnosing or recommending although I did want to offer up some balance to these horror stories and share my own experience. I found it invaluable against anxiety and insomnia - an old problem from a previous life.

Strange as one of the side effects of taking Xanax, is insomnia, there is a big difference in taking Xanax via a doctor prescription for Anxiety or panic attacks (the use for which its was intended) under a doctor's supervision and self medicating with a drug you believe my help you alleviate your insomnia!

Xanax (Alprazolam) Patient Information Side Effects and Drug Images at RxList.htm

Cheers:smile.png

Listen to your favourite talk radio station from around the world, if you haven't got one find one. Tunein radio is an app, its on android,other places too I'm sure, has any station in the world. I listen to LBC, from UK.Good station but at night usually sends me off to sleep in 20 minutes.

If you are stressed though and have things on your mind its likely you'll have a disturbed sleep until the causes have gone.

A true story, i think it was 6-7 years ago and i was in my late twenty.

For a few nights i can not found sleep, so i just go to have a walk. One night i did venture in my nearby soi, and was amazed to found still

open after midnight a sauna. So i said, why not! It will help me to destress and found quickly a good sleep.

First i found it strange, how the people did behave there.... I didnt know!facepalm.giffacepalm.giffacepalm.gif

So i put the towel and go to the steam room, within a minute i was joined there by 4-5 thai guy blink.pnggoof.gifgoof.gifgoof.gif

emot-kiss.gif

wacko.png

Edited by Bender
  • Like 1

You said that you "usually spend the night working on the PC and wandering between here and the couch to watch a movie [...]" and I would suggest that you spend less time in front of your PC and TV screens when it's already late at night. Try to read a book instead (the paper version, not an electronic one!) and you will probably fall asleep easier and earlier. Having sex works well too, but don't watch anything on screens afterwards.

Really???

Wow, I'm shocked but it would explain why the American empire is following the Roman one.