Soldering iron

Indrid Cold

Mail order is your best bet

Yes it seems to be that way sad.png i have asked and looked around a lot but the size i need are not stocked anywhere. As in mail order does that mean i have to import or are there any mail order companys here that could have?

I was going to suggest RS but they dont seem to have any @ 200w.

http://thailand.rs-online.com/web/c/tools/soldering-desoldering-tools/soldering-irons/

What are you soldering ?

Edited by Spoonman

Yes it seems to be that way sad.png i have asked and looked around a lot but the size i need are not stocked anywhere. As in mail order does that mean i have to import or are there any mail order companys here that could have?

http://thailand.rs-online.com/web/c/tools/soldering-desoldering-tools/soldering-irons/

What are you soldering ?

I do not know name in english but this is what i am going to solder right now.

8104101_orig.jpg

It is in thight spot inside an old starter thingy for a car engine.

But i do miss decent soldering iron quite often.

I know this is to no use for you due to your location, but Hardware House in Rayong has them .

This might very well be usefull information, thanks a lot.

I would have thought that it was a too big distance to travel, but if you go there, they have them in different sizes and Wattage. Some even bigger than the biggest one in your picture.

I had a look at them just last week, and if i'm not mistaken they ranged between 500 and 1500 Baht.

seeing that you want to solder copper straps into sockets, why not try to do it with a small gas torch, using for solder flux Borax or Zincoxide. Could be the more convenient tool to use than holding a soldering iron onto the straps for a minute until the heat has dispersed evenly. Gas flame also melts the zinc rods quicker.

What are you soldering ?

8104101_orig.jpg

Just saying, but I would have trouble soldering them with an iron, if they are as big as they seem to be. Pity you didn't include a ruler with them to see the actual size.

Can you not screw/ bolt/ pop rivet them in the provided holes?

seeing that you want to solder copper straps into sockets, why not try to do it with a small gas torch, using for solder flux Borax or Zincoxide. Could be the more convenient tool to use than holding a soldering iron onto the straps for a minute until the heat has dispersed evenly. Gas flame also melts the zinc rods quicker.

there are no sockets just welding spots, as i said before a torch is not an option. If i was able to get the flame down where it should be be it would fry the suroundings. Using a suficent soldering iron i will not need a minute, a second or twoo is enough and even it was doable with a torch i have acetelyn i stll want a simple soldering iron nothing else.This is far from the first starter im fixing.

Edited by Indrid Cold

He has said he does not want a torch but wonder where you have found in Thailand - I sure have never seen any of the normal hand held units for sale here.

What are you soldering ?

8104101_orig.jpg

200watts wont touch that. Only a propane torch...

I believe what you should be looking for is an old fashioned iron which you heat with a propane or "blow" torch.

More common here and elsewhere that you would imagine especially for big jobs that require a lot of heat not a lot of temperature.

002565.1L.jpg?19

Any local Thai sheet metal shop will have one so they'll know where to get one.

I believe what you should be looking for is an old fashioned iron which you heat with a propane or "blow" torch.

More common here and elsewhere that you would imagine especially for big jobs that require a lot of heat not a lot of temperature.

002565.1L.jpg?19

Any local Thai sheet metal shop will have one so they'll know where to get one.

Yes i have been thinking of contructing one myself, i want it with a brass head. But im old and lazy and not skilled in blacksmithing enuogh to know when it has the right temp. A plug in ca. 200w soldering iron is what i am going to have: I will probably have one sent to me from back home among with some other hard to find tools, like a pulley puller and a magnetic stand indicator clock. I am very stubborn when it comes to tools and only work with ones i am familiar with.

You pulley puller and magnetic stand are common in Thailand, Hardware House has many to choose from.

csb pulley puller? how is the quality of indicator clocks at hardware house, it should meassure tiny play pecisly.

Maybe the name is indicator gauge idk. the pulley puller i need is for most old gm cars that has v-belt, its the split one for servo/generator pulley. If im not mistaken hardware house is in central plaza kk. i have been there i think but i have built in resitance against places like homepro etc. when they imo. stock to much junk. I could be wrong though about hardware house. I will check it out again next trip to kk.

Edited by Indrid Cold

You pulley puller and magnetic stand are common in Thailand, Hardware House has many to choose from.

csb pulley puller? how is the quality of indicator clocks at hardware house, it should meassure tiny play pecisly.

Maybe the name is indicator gauge idk. the pulley puller i need is for most old gm cars that has v-belt, its the split one for servo/generator pulley. If im not mistaken hardware house is in central plaza kk. i have been there i think but i have built in resitance against places like homepro etc. when they imo. stock to much junk. I could be wrong though about hardware house. I will check it out again next trip to kk.

Hardware house in in Sriracha, Rayong and Bangna. No Konkaen branch, think you confuse with Global house.

Hardware house in in Sriracha, Rayong and Bangna. No Konkaen branch, think you confuse with Global house.

Yes i might very well do so, hardware house in rayong was mentioned before said to stock the 200w soldering iron, this is store i must check out, it could posibly solve several of my hard to find problems. the family wants to go to hua hin i think i could change that to rayong without problems. Thanks.