What Is It With Hardley Riders?

H1w4yR1da

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^^ feckn awesome really - Nippon power.

Wonder when the Chinese will build something as high quality?

Waaay off topic which was: What is it with Harley riders?

You are mumbling about Nippon power (and about a car too, this is bike forum my man) and Chinese build? <deleted>?

Edited by guzzi850m2
  • Like 1

You are mumbling about Nippon power (and about a car too, this is bike forum my man) and Chinese build? <deleted>?

Just commenting on something a previous poster mentioned, but sorry to ruffle your feathers.....

Back on topic:

c1ok.png

• Like 2

Some folks in the 'motoring' section would argue that point and with good reason.

Jerry

See they ran the new GTR around the Ring in 7:15....faack.!

That was a while ago.

Buy one and see if you can match the time.

Jerry

Well excuse me for being late on the news and what's with the snide comment about my running one around track. Did I attest to any ability? No.! :)

O.K. then: Replace 'not cool at all' with 'looks freekin stupid'.

I ride a Honda 125 Wave and enjoy every minute when doing so. I couldn't care less less if I look cool or not.

In my mind, the best bike you can have is the one you're riding at any particular moment.

If you like bikes, you like bikes.

If you have a need to critisize other riders, you're missing the point.

Jerry

True words there.

People need to just ride what they want and quit worrying about what someone else likes.

No a truer statement said. I'm sure there will be a Ducati thread next, thst is once the Harley thread has died a death :)

People who can't afford a Harley will always complain about them. Freudian soure grapes. They may not be the greatest performers but they are the coolest bikes on the road.

Sent from my GT-I8552 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Only suckers fall for there sales pitch.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

People who can't afford a Harley will always complain about them. Freudian soure grapes. They may not be the greatest performers but they are the coolest bikes on the road.

Is that comedy time already? Beside the fact that Hardleys are not even bikes but a chromeworks show, even my wife that could not care less about bikes.was able to observe that they are THE choice of aged or aging guys.

Now, there's nothing wrong getting old but I'll get myself a jap or euro sport tourer instead, and a jap sports car cor the raining days.

And you dont age on a sport bike easily. It keeps your brain and body fluid and fast too!

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Few things look worse than a geriatric on plastic performance perambulalator.

Not cool at all.

Jerry

I know a rider in San Diego who could still embarrass a lot of literbike pilots on his first-gen Hayabusa when he was 70- rather than looking bad or uncool, he was the bad-ass MF'er we all wanted to when we reached his age, and he had as much respect as anybody in the sportbike community. He'd pass guys on Palomar Mountain, and when they'd finally catch up to him at the top, they'd be amazed when he took his helmet off and they saw how old he was- great guy- he's now on a Monster and has slowed down a bit, but he sure ain't slow.

• Like 1

Just commenting on something a previous poster mentioned, but sorry to ruffle your feathers.....

Back on topic:

Posted Image

That's a very small horse-box !!!

Maybe it's "My Little Pony"

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Back on topic:

c1ok.png

That's a very small horse-box !!!

Maybe it's "My Little Pony"

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Forget the Shetland pony box in tow. Wearing those ridiculous leather chaps over his trousers makes him a laughing stock. Edited by BirdsandBooze
  • Like 1

Don't forget the obligatory bandana (preferably black with white skulls). Comes in handy to cover that bold spot....

Most hardley riders remind me of a cross between a pirate and that guy in leather from the village people.

Edited by pokerkid

Been riding for nearly 40 years. Ridden and owned just about every make. Horses for courses and whatever floats your boat, BUT!! wherever I've been, Harley riders seem to be the only breed that looks down on others. Why, is beyond me. Cultural thing from 60s-70s America? perhaps. 30 years ago in Australia every biker on the road would wave to any passing bike...except HD riders. That was then and now, HD riders of many nationalities subscribe to the same elitist attitude.

This is a quote from Harley lifestyle magazines and T shirts from back in the day...

If you don't ride a Harley then you ain't shit.........I couldn't agree more......and conversly of course... If you do ride a Harley then you are!

Apologies to any open minded HD owners who simply enjoy riding their comfortable, capable and iconic motorcycle.

Engineered pieces of junk you got ripped off but you like it that way anyhow right.

What crap!

They may get a lot of attention while parked but on the road, they're embarrassed by faster, much cooler sportsbikes.

All show, no go!

Oh really. Maybe it's the rider. Watch this 88 ci EVO Harley with full traveling gear kick ass on a BMW 1200R on the twisties. This is about 12 miles of mountain road, and it rises 1 mile in elevation on the run. The kid on the BMW damn near kills himself a few times and can catch up only on the straights. The Harley Wide Glide with the old man on it runs away and hides from the kid on the corners.

A Harley doesn't handle well? The old man makes it look easy. The kid's lucky to be alive. There are drop-offs there that are almost a mile to the bottom.

You see, a Harley is built for torque. The lope you hear at idle is due to it having a single pin crank. That means that on one revolution, both cylinders fire, and on the next full revolution, neither fires. It's still a 4 stroke. Now, that lope smooths out by about 1100 - 1200 rpm and the engine is pulling hard from torque. It was designed to run the US highways and mountains with two up, and full luggage at a comfortable RPM. It runs really smoothly cruising at about 2500 RPM in 5th gear overdrive. Try that all day at 11,000 RPM and find out whose whole body is jelly at the end of the day.

A Harley won't handle, huh? For people who never had any real serious training, nothing will handle.

This is the full sized police cruiser. Touch one foot to the ground and you're disqualified.

• Like 1

Been riding for nearly 40 years. Ridden and owned just about every make. Horses for courses and whatever floats your boat, BUT!! wherever I've been, Harley riders seem to be the only breed that looks down on others. Why, is beyond me. Cultural thing from 60s-70s America? perhaps. 30 years ago in Australia every biker on the road would wave to any passing bike...except HD riders. That was then and now, HD riders of many nationalities subscribe to the same elitist attitude.

This is a quote from Harley lifestyle magazines and T shirts from back in the day...

If you don't ride a Harley then you ain't shit.........I couldn't agree more......and conversly of course... If you do ride a Harley then you are!

Apologies to any open minded HD owners who simply enjoy riding their comfortable, capable and iconic motorcycle.

Engineered pieces of junk you got ripped off but you like it that way anyhow right.

Does that translate to "Your mommy won't buy you a Harley?" w00t.gif

Does that translate to "Your mommy won't buy you a Harley?" Posted Image

Nah it means ill run you off the road in my 400hp volvo turbo haha.

Please show me just one other brand of bike that can come close to this in factory fit and finish, paint, chrome, attention to detail, and still give great power and handling with a full load through the mountains, off or on the freeway.

There simply isn't any.

0156-1.jpg

Edited by NeverSure

Please show me just one other brand of bike that can come close to this in factory fit and finish, paint, chrome, attention to detail, and still give great power and handling with a full load through the mountains, off or on the freeway.

There simply isn't any.

Posted Image

Another sales gimmic still run you off the road in my 400hp volvo turbo.

great handling.... did you really write that ? If Rossi drives one of these heavy busses he probably still be faster then most of us but if you put Joe wannabe badboy on it this happens:

1995 volvo turbo car stupid and i always run harleys off the road haha.

great handling.... did you really write that ? If Rossi drives one of these heavy busses he probably still be faster then most of us but if you put average Joe wannabe badboy on it this happens:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYxU_lYBHpY#t=0

Actually the Harley saved his butt. He got into the corner too fast, put the bike over too far and lifted the rear tire off the ground as he slid on the frame. See the sparks from the frame. But the weight and low center of gravity of the bike caused it to lay down to the low side, slide, and he got off and jumped away from it with only a scraped knee from getting too low. (A good reason to wear leathers, even if they are chaps.) Other than try to go too fast, he was a very good rider.

Here's what happens with a lighter bike with a higher center of gravity. It crosses up and throws the rider into the air and over the high side of the bike. The poor sucker just has to be all banged up, and lucky to walk. He may still have been badly hurt and just not known it yet.

great handling.... did you really write that ? If Rossi drives one of these heavy busses he probably still be faster then most of us but if you put average Joe wannabe badboy on it this happens:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYxU_lYBHpY#t=0

Me? Of course not. whistling.gif The average speed ridden there is 70 mph (112 kph) on a road where the maximum speed limit is 45 with many, many curves marked 15 mph and 20 mph and 30 mph.

Who me? Where would I get a red Wide Glide, anyway? whistling.gif

DSC00227_900.jpg